08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Lets just see how well the Passport sell, I think deep down we all know it will fail.

Fixed it for ya.
    Nope that's what I meant to say thank you

What principle? You didn't identify any other than apparently you only get 3 chances at something....which is odd since BB10 is already on it's 5th phone with 6 and 7 just announced.
    You have the fair weather people that will be there when good then jump ship at the 1st sign that there is better

then there's then you have the loyal people that will stick around but will eventually disappear if things don't improve

then you have the hard-core the ones that will always be there.
    06-24-14 07:25 PM
    It is my experience that once a person has made up his mind on an issue based on lack of knowledge and ignorance, it is likely that regardless of the facts, he will hold the line against all valid facts and will zero in on the same misunderstood fact over and over again in a cyclical manner. The old saying that describes this concept is "Don't confuse me with the facts. My mind is already made up."

In other words, once a ******, always a ******.

You sir, are that person. Thanks for your opinions though. Unfortunately, they are not really worth considering and most definitely not worthy of a response. It's a shame I had to give in and actually respond. That was five minutes I'll never get back and knowing that you will cycle back on the same argument makes it all so worthwhile.

Posted via CB10
    I'm surprised you didn't ask Stuart how much debt BB has...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-24-14 07:26 PM
    You have the fair weather people that will be there when good then jump ship at the 1st sign that there is better

then there's then you have the loyal people that will stick around but will eventually disappear if things don't improve

then you have the hard-core the ones that will always be there.
    This has nothing to do with the next phone, since those examples you give are for people who are committed to something then finally let it go at some point based on their level of dedication.

BB's next phone has not correlation with any particular person who has been already committed to BB, since ANYONE can buy one, those who have one now, those who used to have one, those who have never had one. They could fail 800 more times if they could afford it, and then could still eventually release a phone with mass market support. Other than how much money they have to burn, the number of failures isn't connected to the chance of an eventual success. Do you know how many times Thomas Edison failed at creating the light bulb?

I'll give you this.......you're persistent. Completely random....but persistent.
    Shadowyugi and Tim Heard like this.
    06-24-14 07:32 PM
    This has nothing to do with the next phone, since those examples you give are for people who are committed to something then finally let it go at some point based on their level of dedication.

BB's next phone has not correlation with any particular person who has been already committed to BB, since ANYONE can buy one, those who have one now, those who used to have one, those who have never had one. They could fail 800 more times if they could afford it, and then could still eventually release a phone with mass market support. Other than how much money they have to burn, the number of failures isn't connected to the chance of an eventual success. Do you know how many times Thomas Edison failed at creating the light bulb?

I'll give you this.......you're persistent. Completely random....but persistent.

Lets just see shall we, lets all hope the Manitoba high end is real to keep the ship afloat, let's just wait and see.
    06-24-14 07:50 PM
    Lets just see shall we, lets all hope the Manitoba high end is real to keep the ship afloat, let's just wait and see.
    I'm pretty sure we have no choice but to wait and see. And what exactly is "high end" and how does that....and only that mysterious factor...keep the ship afloat?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 07:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure we have no choice but to wait and see. And what exactly is "high end" and how does that....and only that mysterious factor...keep the ship afloat?
    high end = high end touchscreen the one that will bet the best bet at bringing more customers to Blackberry, It's simple really the more customers Blackberry can get the more chance of them stating afloat
    06-24-14 08:00 PM
    I would like to reiterate that I'm actually not at all interested in the Passport with its 3-row keyboard, but all of you who are claiming that somehow making an all-touch device will help BB, think about this for a moment. Do you remember seeing so much media coverage of the Z30 when it was announced or about to be released? The Z10 doesn't count because that had the benefit of the "new OS hype" with the whole BB10 launch behind it. So think about the Z30. Did ANYONE care about it other than people here in CB??? I don't remember hearing a single peep out of the media. I've seen decent coverage of the Passport and Classic, but especially the Passport. I think it's just such an odd look that it intrigues people, even those who love to hate on BB. And they never said they won't be making all-touch devices, so we'll likely see a high-end all-touch sometime. But let's compare the situations. Had they made another all-touch device instead of this odd looking Passport, do you honestly think the media would even bother covering it if it looks just like any other Android device out there?? Sorry, but all-touch devices are the most boring things you can look at. Some might have cool features to use, but honestly, why would you even bother looking at photos of upcoming devices, like it's not just another slab of glass on a slab of plastic... Or aluminum in the case of the HTC One's... At least now, the spotlight is (temporarily) on BB, maybe if they announced a high-end all-touch now people might take notice, rather than them announcing one before, and nobody even batting an eye like the Z30...
    Unfortunately, the Z30 came out at the worst possible time. If you remember, the biggest thing on BlackBerry's mind was to find a buyer. If they did try and promote it, it would have been welcomed with the same doom and gloom press headlines. Didn't matter how great it was.
    This is a completely different time. The media for whatever reason is actually behind Mr. Chen so far. It's gotten to the point where the first two paragraphs of most media stories don't start with BlackBerry's brutal history . At least they're on somewhat level fielding ground.
    The "Passport" can capture many people's interest. Even if someone doesn't want it, you can deny that it demonstrates guts on BlackBerry's part. Never before has a keyboard been launched that acts as a track pad. Add 10.3 / New CEO / Positive Headlines etc.... this one launch has the makings to change the perception of BlackBerry pretty much over night. My bet is that it will.

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Bbnivende and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-24-14 10:25 PM
    I agree with the OP. . I am a long suffering blackberry fan. The passport has an amazing physical keyboard, great specs, is too wide for one handed typing, and is too top heavy for any typing. Oh, and it is burdened with the worst app ecosystem on the planet. This is the reward for long suffering support? This is what will bring new people to blackberry? . I don't think so.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-24-14 11:53 PM
    Unfortunately, the Z30 came out at the worst possible time. If you remember, the biggest thing on BlackBerry's mind was to find a buyer. If they did try and promote it, it would have been welcomed with the same doom and gloom press headlines. Didn't matter how great it was.
    This is a completely different time. The media for whatever reason is actually behind Mr. Chen so far. It's gotten to the point where the first two paragraphs of most media stories don't start with BlackBerry's brutal history . At least they're on somewhat level fielding ground.
    The "Passport" can capture many people's interest. Even if someone doesn't want it, you can deny that it demonstrates guts on BlackBerry's part. Never before has a keyboard been launched that acts as a track pad. Add 10.3 / New CEO / Positive Headlines etc.... this one launch has the makings to change the perception of BlackBerry pretty much over night. My bet is that it will.

"BB POWERED " C001C1D66
    Uh huh, so it was just the time. I gotcha. So we've heard the excuses for the Z10, now the Z30, what about the Z3's?

When will you guys just admit that the media doesn't care if BB releases a keyboard or an all-touch device, that they will never give them a fair chance just because of the stigma behind the name? The only reason why BB is in the press now is because of how wacky the Passport looks. If they announced yet another all-touch device, the media would have ignored it like they do every other BB device... While I am personally not going to buy the Passport, I'm glad they got the media's attention, even if it's because of how strange the device looks...
    06-25-14 12:31 AM
    So have you guys read the latest news on the passport's keyboard and gotten a clue?

Open your minds a bit.

Differentiate or Die.
    06-25-14 12:39 AM
    How about we wait till the phone comes out and get our hands on it; before proclaiming it to be rubbish :3
    06-25-14 12:44 AM
    So have you guys read the latest news on the passport's keyboard and gotten a clue?

Open your minds a bit.

Differentiate or Die.
    Yah, I read it. I especially love the part where it talks about holding the shift key to select text. I mean, that's something I can do right now and something I can do much better with the Classic when it's released, but man, that's just amazing for the Passport to accomplish. Just look at the keyboard on it and you'll know why it's such a miracle, lol. :-D
    06-25-14 01:40 AM
    Using the keyboard to scroll down or up, I'm definitely going to get on now as that's what's missing with the Z30 the ability to scroll down or up

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:07 AM
    I agree with the OP. . I am a long suffering blackberry fan. The passport has an amazing physical keyboard, great specs, is too wide for one handed typing, and is too top heavy for any typing. Oh, and it is burdened with the worst app ecosystem on the planet. This is the reward for long suffering support? This is what will bring new people to blackberry? . I don't think so.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Ok I ll bite.... tell us when you have last used it though because in here we do not actually even know how the keyboard really is going to work. If you know it is too top heavy for any typing, you must have typed with the darned thing, so enlighten us.

Oh, and clearly, anything bb I imagine is the crap of the earth due to the worst app ecosystem on the planet. I guess you can visit one of the 1.000.000.000.000 threads about "apps on bb10" in the forums and that way we can avoid another version of the same arguments, that I honestly doubt will get us anywhere ...

nice try though and I am sorry you are suffering, try embrasing and being practical (eg, either find out how bb10 can work for you or change OS, do not suffer, no need; tech is here to serve us ).
    06-25-14 04:37 AM
    Ok I ll bite.... tell us when you have last used it though because in here we do not actually even know how the keyboard really is going to work. If you know it is too top heavy for any typing, you must have typed with the darned thing, so enlighten us.

Oh, and clearly, anything bb I imagine is the crap of the earth due to the worst app ecosystem on the planet. I guess you can visit one of the 1.000.000.000.000 threads about "apps on bb10" in the forums and that way we can avoid another version of the same arguments, that I honestly doubt will get us anywhere ...

nice try though and I am sorry you are suffering, try embrasing and being practical (eg, either find out how bb10 can work for you or change OS, do not suffer, no need; tech is here to serve us ).
    As I said the ability to scroll up and down using the keyboard has convinced me, as that is definitely the USP (unique selling point) as you can't do that on a full touchscreen. The passport has solved that problem.

The Eco system has been solved however just side load snap and you've got all the apps you would ever want and need, and quite a few you don't want or need lol

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 04:58 AM
    OP is just flip-flapping around with his/hers argument, man!!! (-_-' )

1) First, the passport is an automatic fail. You didn't say it could or may but that it is doomed on arrival. You defend this point so vehemently that people have come and left and come back to find you still shouting "Death" on top your wooden internet platform...

2) Proclaiming you won't get the phone and are waiting for the rumoured high-end phone next year.

3) Assuming that WE all know the phone will fail, because somehow you've become Charles Xavier.

4) Then you read a bit more on the keyboard and suddenly its "Khumbaya! I'm getting the phone." because of the supposed USP, as you call it.

You are a very frustrating (to use a soft word) commenter. I don't think I'd want to ever argue with you in person. You sound like someone who believes they are always right until they are proven wrong, and even then, pretend like they came to the authoritative conclusion themselves. It's an ego thing, matey. It's not cool.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    06-25-14 05:30 AM
    OP is just flip-flapping around with his/hers argument, man!!! (-_-' )

1) First, the passport is an automatic fail. You didn't say it could or may but that it is doomed on arrival. You defend this point so vehemently that people have come and left and come back to find you still shouting "Death" on top your wooden internet platform...

2) Proclaiming you won't get the phone and are waiting for the rumoured high-end phone next year.

3) Assuming that WE all know the phone will fail, because somehow you've become Charles Xavier.

4) Then you read a bit more on the keyboard and suddenly its "Khumbaya! I'm getting the phone."

You are a very frustrating (to use a soft word) commenter. I don't think I'd want to ever argue with you in person. You sound like someone who believes they are always right until they are proven wrong, and even then, pretend like they came to the authoritative conclusion themselves. It's an ego thing, matey. It's not cool.
    you might need to learn Sarcasm Shadowyugi.

No I don't always think I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong and i'll admit it when I am, but the Passport it's just obvious, why would anyone have that instead of the Samsung Note which looks nicer on the eye, is more rounded so sits better in the hand, has a bigger screen and the virtual keyboard is bigger than that so will be easier to use.
    06-25-14 05:34 AM
    you might need to learn Sarcasm Shadowyugi.

No I don't always think I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong and i'll admit it when I am, but the Passport it's just obvious, why would anyone have that instead of the Samsung Note which looks nicer on the eye, is more rounded so sits better in the hand, has a bigger screen and the virtual keyboard is bigger than that so will be easier to use.
    Fair enough. You might need to learn to take a chill pill every once a while too, Stuart.

You can't see the future and you can't even make reasoned predictions... so... you know... you might want to relax and spend your time on better things than defending a mute point.

PS: BlackBerry's keyboard (virtual and physical) completely trounces anything Samsung has to offer in that department. The OS is clunky and annoying. And personally, I don't see why I'd get a Samsung over a BlackBerry on anyday.
    06-25-14 05:44 AM
    Fair enough. You might need to learn to take a chill pill every once a while too, Stuart.

You can't see the future and you can't even make reasoned predictions... so... you know... you might want to relax and spend your time on better things than defending a mute point.

PS: BlackBerry's keyboard (virtual and physical) completely trounces anything Samsung has to offer in that department. The OS is clunky and annoying. And personally, I don't see why I'd get a Samsung over a BlackBerry on anyday.
    The passport keyboard looks so cramped it might just be the only one that is worse than Samsung. I totally agree that the virtual Blackberry keyboard is better than any other and it's not even a close run thing. I also don't want anything other than a Blackberry but if the Passport is the only realistic option (if the Manitoba is the z3 with ZTE) then I'll have very little choice, as when on a night out clubbing or at the soccer (football) I tend to get a bit drunk and I have trouble using the Z30 keyboard so I'd have all sorts of problems with the Passports Keyboard. Then there's the pocket situation, at least it wouldn't fall out of my pocket whilst I was celebrating a goal it'd be that wedged in, but then again I don't have that problem with the Z30.
    06-25-14 05:54 AM
    The passport keyboard looks so cramped it might just be the only one that is worse than Samsung. I totally agree that the virtual Blackberry keyboard is better than any other and it's not even a close run thing. I also don't want anything other than a Blackberry but if the Passport is the only realistic option (if the Manitoba is the z3 with ZTE) then I'll have very little choice, as when on a night out clubbing or at the soccer (football) I tend to get a bit drunk and I have trouble using the Z30 keyboard so I'd have all sorts of problems with the Passports Keyboard. Then there's the pocket situation, at least it wouldn't fall out of my pocket whilst I was celebrating a goal it'd be that wedged in, but then again I don't have that problem with the Z30.
    The more I read over your excuse, the more I've got you all figured out.

You DON'T LIKE THE PHONE. We get you loud and clear. Using your excuses to try and justify why the phone is a no-no, is only applicable to you. If you were paying attention, you'd also notice that most people voted the Passport as their phone of choice against the classic. No one is forcing you to buy it. Heck, harsh truth is, no one cares if you buy it. Not even BlackBerry. Why? You might wander. Probably because it is not meant for you!!! Do you understand what that means? It means you can either change phones now to another brand like the Samsung Note you seem to enjoy comparing to, or you wait till next year.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    06-25-14 06:02 AM
    The more I read over your excuse, the more I've got you all figured out.

You DON'T LIKE THE PHONE. We get you loud and clear. Using your excuses to try and justify why the phone is a no-no, is only applicable to you. If you were paying attention, you'd also notice that most people voted the Passport as their phone of choice against the classic. No one is forcing you to buy it. Heck, harsh truth is, no one cares if you buy it. Not even BlackBerry. Why? You might wander. Probably because it is not meant for you!!! Do you understand what that means? It means you can either change phones now to another brand like the Samsung Note you seem to enjoy comparing to, or you wait till next year.
    I won't be getting the Note, So ok what phone would you compare the Passport to? and good luck getting something the size or a passport that doesn't bend into your trouser pocket and have in feel comfortable.
    06-25-14 06:09 AM
    It will fit into my pockets just fine, actually, thanks. It will be comfy too .

And finally, you're on the path to enlightenment. The passport is the first of its kind. Start from there. Work you're way up to the truth; The Passport might end up being really successful because it has piqued a lot of people's interest. And most of then don't even know about the keyboard's hidden ability yet.
    06-25-14 06:17 AM
    It will fit into my pockets just fine, actually, thanks. It will be comfy too .

And finally, you're on the path to enlightenment. The passport is the first of its kind. Start from there. Work you're way up to the truth; The Passport might end up being really successful because it has piqued a lot of people's interest. And most of then don't even know about the keyboard's hidden ability yet.
    so other than healthcare what is who is it's market. the Legacy pkb lovers which is a shrinking market? how about the fast growing full touchscreen market, who carry around the neat good looking phones. why would they go from that to the passport which is just a gimmick?
    06-25-14 06:22 AM
    They have the....
    1) solicitor market
    2) enterprise market
    3) as you mentioned, healthcare
    4) Heck I'm an engineer/developer, so there's my market
    5) Consumers (because, you know... people love it already)
    and I'm guessing there are other possibilities.

Oh wait.... did I say possibilities? Yes I believe I did. Why? BECAUSE THESE ARE ALL POSSIBLE

Why are you so against something you haven't tried? Why are you living in fear of the phone's prospects??

And for your information, touchscreen phones are boring. Always have been. The selling drive behind most phones nowadays has nothing to do with touchscreen or keyboard. Like it or not, it's the apps and what the phone can do exactly. The age of importance of touchscreen has come and gone. Like it or not, that's the truth. This phone will sell. And it's going to hurt your ego when it does.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    06-25-14 06:29 AM
    They have the....
    1) solicitor market
    2) enterprise market
    3) as you mentioned, healthcare
    4) Heck I'm an engineer/developer, so there's my market
    5) Consumers (because, you know... people love it already)
    and I'm guessing there are other possibilities.

Oh wait.... did I say possibilities? Yes I believe I did. Why? BECAUSE THESE ARE ALL POSSIBLE

Why are you so against something you haven't tried? Why are you living in fear of the phone's prospects??

And for your information, touchscreen phones are boring. Always have been. The selling drive behind most phones nowadays has nothing to do with touchscreen or keyboard. Like it or not, it's the apps and what the phone can do exactly. The age of importance of touchscreen has come and gone. Like it or not, that's the truth. This phone will sell. And it's going to hurt your ego when it does.
    Won't hurt my ego at all,
    1) If it does it'll just prove people are like magpies, when the photos was leaked the other week everyone was saying I hope it's not that huge, I hope it's not that ugly I hope the finished design isn't like that and that's just a test device. In fact people we eventually convince it was a fake. Couple of weeks it's revealed and it's the same phone but with silver edging and its wow that's amazing.

and

2) The only people that are talking positively about it are on this forum everywhere else it's taking a hammering so it's Highly unlikely to sell to anyone that isn't a Blackberry loyalist which I consider myself one but even my loyalty has it's limits.
    06-25-14 06:40 AM
692 ... 1213141516 ...