08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    you are not force to buy this new thing and mr, chen will never listen to your comment ever he has his own disposition thats why he is the CEO and you are not...so buy the malware thing...
    I don't want another make I want a BlackBerry as I love the os I love the build quality, but that thing is in practical for me to use.

People are going on here about physical keyboard being great, but BlackBerry have transferred the quality of keyboard onto touchscreen. I have used android and iOS keyboards and they don't even come close to the virtual BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-24-14 01:26 PM
    I doubt any phone will be the saviour of BlackBerry. Chen is pointing the ship in another direction. Phones are part of a BlackBerry that is expanding in other areas.

No one criticized the passport more than me. But now it's out, I'm probably getting.

And I admit, I not someone's gf doctor who has determined kb are useless for everyone. I'm just a senior manager with 28 years experience who thinks it's still ok to send emails, not just read them.

BB Proud
    06-24-14 01:46 PM

People are going on here about physical keyboard being great, but BlackBerry have transferred the quality of keyboard onto touchscreen. I have used android and iOS keyboards and they don't even come close to the virtual BlackBerry keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I'll say one thing, you are really good at setting up some alternative argument as a response to the original one.

Yes, BB's virtual keyboard is better than Android or iOS. But that is a separate debate from whether physical keyboards are better than virtual ones.

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-24-14 01:53 PM
    It's really not about whether one is "better" than the other.

The question is whether it is/was rational for Blackberry to produce the Classic and the Passport. The answer in both instances is clearly that yes, it is. The Classic is intended for legacy device users, to keep them with the brand, and also to generate much needed revenue. The Passport, as has been mentioned, seems to be tied to a business partnership with a specific (still unannounced) company, and the speculation is that it's primarily geared toward the healthcare industry. (Though others have mentioned very valid business and consumer uses.)

The original implication was that if BlackBerry were releasing 2 QWERTY phones, the company must have given up on all touch slab phones. Obviously, the assumption is baseless, and there have been multiple leaks about different potential slab devices that were in the works.

The bottom line is that we all like to gripe at times, regardless of whether our gripes are legit, or just plain stupid. If we're here @CrackBerry and griping, then we're either griping about BlackBerry (such as my ongoing please for a slider phone) or about the trolls who are always griping about things like wanting slider phones, or not having a new slab phone yet.

Maybe we should create a specific area just for gripes and flames, though if we did, there might not be much traffic anywhere else. :-)

I'll say one thing, you are really good at setting up some alternative argument as a response to the original one.

Yes, BB's virtual keyboard is better than Android or iOS. But that is a separate debate from whether physical keyboards are better than virtual ones.

Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    06-24-14 03:06 PM
    It's really not about whether one is "better" than the other.

The question is whether it is/was rational for Blackberry to produce the Classic and the Passport. The answer in both instances is clearly that yes, it is. The Classic is intended for legacy device users, to keep them with the brand, and also to generate much needed revenue. The Passport, as has been mentioned, seems to be tied to a business partnership with a specific (still unannounced) company, and the speculation is that it's primarily geared toward the healthcare industry. (Though others have mentioned very valid business and consumer uses.)

The original implication was that if BlackBerry were releasing 2 QWERTY phones, the company must have given up on all touch slab phones. Obviously, the assumption is baseless, and there have been multiple leaks about different potential slab devices that were in the works.

The bottom line is that we all like to gripe at times, regardless of whether our gripes are legit, or just plain stupid. If we're here @CrackBerry and griping, then we're either griping about BlackBerry (such as my ongoing please for a slider phone) or about the trolls who are always griping about things like wanting slider phones, or not having a new slab phone yet.

Maybe we should create a specific area just for gripes and flames, though if we did, there might not be much traffic anywhere else. :-)
    Let's face it I'm on the same side as everyone here I want BlackBerry to succeed, I love BlackBerry I don't want any other brand.

If it for healthcare why are they selling it to the general public? As if it's focused on one profession so much it'll look like they are ignoring the rest which will lead to alienate future potential customers.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:14 PM
    What media coverage did the Z30 have? It didn't have any I only knew it existed due to coming on here.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, it was practically ignored... At this point with the negative stigma the name BB has (nothing to do with form factor, it's the name) they need something kind of out-there to get attention...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-24-14 04:24 PM
    Let's face it I'm on the same side as everyone here I want BlackBerry to succeed, I love BlackBerry I don't want any other brand.

If it for healthcare why are they selling it to the general public? As if it's focused on one profession so much it'll look like they are ignoring the rest which will lead to alienate future potential customers.

Posted via CB10
    Wha......what?

It's for anyone that wants it. You don't think the general public works in Healthcare? You might as well be saying "If physical keyboards are for power players then why are they selling it to the public".

How is it "focused on one profession"? Does it have a medical logo on it or something? Does it take your pulse? Dispense insulin?

Alienate future potential customers.... because they made yet another option for anyone interested? Are Chevy Cobalt owners alienated because Chevy also makes a Corvette....and Camaro.....and Suburban? Or Vise Versa?

Sometimes I think you're just making up any possible argument you can pull out of the air.
    Bbnivende and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-24-14 04:24 PM
    Because lots of other people already want to buy one?

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 04:27 PM
    The bottom line is that you're peeved that a slab upgrade to the Z30 is not the next phone that's going to be released. I totally get that. I'm equally miffed that no slider phone has been released yet, even though it's the best of all options, from my perspective. At least you have the Manitoba (or whatever it will be called) to look forward to.

Saying those things is different than implying that John Chen is leading them company to its demise because a couple of QWERTY phones are next in line for release.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 04:33 PM
    The manitoba is rumoured, it may never happen. It could also be just a z3 LTE, which is no good to me as the Z3 specs are inferior to the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:41 PM
    The bottom line is that you're peeved that a slab upgrade to the Z30 is not the next phone that's going to be released. I totally get that. I'm equally miffed that no slider phone has been released yet, even though it's the best of all options, from my perspective. At least you have the Manitoba (or whatever it will be called) to look forward to.

Saying those things is different than implying that John Chen is leading them company to its demise because a couple of QWERTY phones are next in line for release.
    Also in the situation BlackBerry are in the next phone has to be one that will win people back as if it's not it'll just be seen as another false dawn and future phones after that will be ignored.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 04:43 PM
    Off topic I'll admit, but why do so many refer to a negative sentiment towards BlackBerry by consumers and the press as if it were not richly deserved. BlackBerry has released some truly **** products, and burned many of their fans in the process.

Some of you find negative sentiment towards the company unwarranted. Why?

I believe that the passport will be a failure if produced in large quantities. I may well be wrong. I believe hardware keyboards are unnecessary. As an early adopter of Palm, BlackBerry, and Windows mobile devices I've had more than my share.

We will all have to wait and see.
    06-24-14 04:55 PM
    As many have alluded, they really have to get all those people upgraded from BB7 to BB10. That should be low-hanging fruit.
    It's not only a matter of the revenue that will be generated in phone sales, it's important with respect to maintaining good relations with very prominent corporate and government clients. - Clients with whom BlackBerry wants to do more business than just sell phones.

So, while your feeling that releasing another slab phone is critical, I think folks have pretty well explained why it's at least *reasonable* that they would be opting for another strategy.

Now, this horse has been about beaten to death. Can we agree to let it drop?

Also in the situation BlackBerry are in the next phone has to be one that will win people back as if it's not it'll just be seen as another false dawn and future phones after that will be ignored.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 05:25 PM
    I wish you would stop trying to speak for the whole of the UK mate.
    Did you ask everyone? You certainly haven't asked me.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 05:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And...........no other phones before this had that situation....only the next phone. Gotcha.

You never cease to amaze......
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 05:38 PM

I believe hardware keyboards are unnecessary. As an early adopter of Palm, BlackBerry, and Windows mobile devices I've had more than my share.

We will all have to wait and see.
    Um, smart phones in general are unnecessary. It's not about anything being necessary. It's about what some consumers (especially ones most likely to buy a BlackBerry phone)......................will buy.
    06-24-14 05:45 PM
    Um, smart phones in general are unnecessary. It's not about anything being necessary. It's about what some consumers (especially ones most likely to buy a BlackBerry phone)......................will buy.
    Speak for yourself.
    06-24-14 05:49 PM
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. And...........no other phones before this had that situation....only the next phone. Gotcha.

You never cease to amaze......
    As an Aston Villa (English soccer team) fan I know a lot about false dawn we've had more than our fair share of them. The z10 was a new Blackberry to put them back on the map ended up a false dawn, same with the Z30 another false dawn (admittedly if they'd tried to market it things might well have been different) so if the 1st phone flops again like the Z10 did then it'll be a case of here we go again. After that the majority of people will just ignore another attempt to get Blackberry back. Lets face it Blackberry are in the last chance saloon.
    06-24-14 05:49 PM
    Speak for yourself.
    I am. Who are you speaking for?
    06-24-14 06:10 PM
    As an Aston Villa (English soccer team) fan I know a lot about false dawn we've had more than our fair share of them. The z10 was a new Blackberry to put them back on the map ended up a false dawn, same with the Z30 another false dawn (admittedly if they'd tried to market it things might well have been different) so if the 1st phone flops again like the Z10 did then it'll be a case of here we go again. After that the majority of people will just ignore another attempt to get Blackberry back. Lets face it Blackberry are in the last chance saloon.
    Soooooooo...............they will forgive the first two flops you've described.....it's only the next flop they really care about. Gotcha.

NewsFlash: The majority of people have already ignored all attempt to "get BlackBerry back", whatever that means.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 06:20 PM
    Soooooooo...............they will forgive the first two flops you've described.....it's only the next flop they really care about. Gotcha.

NewsFlash: The majority of people have already ignored all attempt to "get BlackBerry back", whatever that means.
    What tends to happen one or two attempts can be forgiven and people can be open to be won back but if it happens again then that's it the end. For example Aston Villa appointed 2 managers who failed but then created a buzz about the 3rd one, the fans gave him a chance but it hasn't worked and now the owners credibility is shot so he has now put the club up for sale.

Anyway I've just watched a webcast from N4BB (I'm not trying to advertise other places and I'm not cheating on Crackberry I promise lol) it has given me more hope.
    06-24-14 06:28 PM
    What tends to happen one or two attempts can be forgiven and people can be open to be won back but if it happens again then that's it the end.
    And..........you're basing this on what evidence or scientific theory?

Are you saying that consumers....Iphone users, Android users, etc.....have forgiven BlackBerry? That many are just holding out for that last chance attempt from BlackBerry (coming soon), after which they've already made up their mind they won't look at them again?

For example Aston Villa appointed 2 managers who failed but then created a buzz about the 3rd one, the fans gave him a chance but it hasn't worked and now the owners credibility is shot so he has now put the club up for sale.
    Oh, OK, you're comparing a soccer (football) team's coach to a smartphone. Gotcha.

I can't even begin to count the problems with that comparison, beyond the fact that BB has put out more than 3 phones on BB10 already!

Anyway I've just watched a webcast from N4BB (I'm not trying to advertise other places and I'm not cheating on Crackberry I promise lol) it has given me more hope.
    The suspense is killing me. What happened on N4BB that gives you more hope?
    06-24-14 06:48 PM
    Simple really Physical Keyboards are backwards thinking. Successful makers aren't creating them, there is only one that is and that one has the biggest debt and the smallest market share, surely that is a sign.
    It is my experience that once a person has made up his mind on an issue based on lack of knowledge and ignorance, it is likely that regardless of the facts, he will hold the line against all valid facts and will zero in on the same misunderstood fact over and over again in a cyclical manner. The old saying that describes this concept is "Don't confuse me with the facts. My mind is already made up."

In other words, once a ******, always a ******.

You sir, are that person. Thanks for your opinions though. Unfortunately, they are not really worth considering and most definitely not worthy of a response. It's a shame I had to give in and actually respond. That was five minutes I'll never get back and knowing that you will cycle back on the same argument makes it all so worthwhile.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 06:58 PM
    It is my experience that once a person has made up his mind on an issue based on lack of knowledge and ignorance, it is likely that regardless of the facts, he will hold the line against all valid facts and will zero in on the same misunderstood fact over and over again in a cyclical manner. The old saying that describes this concept is "Don't confuse me with the facts. My mind is already made up."

In other words, once a ******, always a ******.

You sir, are that person. Thanks for your opinions though. Unfortunately, they are not really worth considering and most definitely not worthy of a response. It's a shame I had to give in and actually respond. That was five minutes I'll never get back and knowing that you will cycle back on the same argument makes it all so worthwhile.

Posted via CB10
    Lets just see how well the Passport sell, I think deep down we all know it will fail.

N4BBs live webcast basically went into detail about how this Manitoba is high end, I was concerned that it might just have been the LTE version of the Z3 but it seems it isn't. Don't know why but when you can hear people talk about it there's more confidence in it then on a forum.

The soccer team example I know there is a difference between them but the principals are similar.
    06-24-14 07:09 PM
    Lets just see how well the Passport sell, I think deep down we all I know it will fail.
    Fixed it for ya.

The soccer team example I know there is a difference between them but the principals are similar.
    What principle? You didn't identify any other than apparently you only get 3 chances at something....which is odd since BB10 is already on it's 5th phone with 6 and 7 just announced.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 07:17 PM
692 ... 1112131415 ...