08-06-15 04:53 AM
692 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    yeah Blackberry keyboards are that popular they a beating everyone hands down aren't they. Nope Blackberry are known as a dying breed, unfortunately it seems Chen is trying to re-invent the Compact Disk even though 99% of people have gone to mp3.

What you seem to miss is that Blackberry need new customers not just the ones they have now as they can't sustain with the current state, so if they do what you say they'll end up bankrupt. Blackberry without more customers than current is a walking dead company, and it will be a sad, sad day if that happens as I love the BB10 OS and up until this Passport thing I liked the designs. It's too ugly to make anyone other than Blackberry loyalist like it, and it's too big to make it practical to attract the people that might think about it.
    To Begin with you are being simplistic and seem to have no grasp of what migrating OS7 users to BB10 from that pull of
    "the ones they have now as they can't sustain with the current state"
    .... as you put it. The starting point is that if from the 10s of milions using BBOS7 devices, the new phones can attract a great % by giving them a revamped BB10 OS on a "familiar" type of design like the bold, that those users want or are accustomed to, then that means GENERATING REVENUE. Devices are not sold for free. At the same time it means that the customers "they can't sustain" will be a renewed and sustainable customer base.

BB has loyal customers on OS7 that if not given what they want they may port to other OSs. Many of those people want keyboard and trackpad with a BB10 carrying over some of the BBos7 functions, integrated in the new OS - look at the forums of the most hard-core BBOS7 users in here for a glimpse). So it is always easier to re-activate existing customer base than acquire new customers. This is a consolidation 101 practice. Also, as I said, this will generate revenue which is much needed, plus it will give time to BB in retaining those customers for the next couple of years, in which they can come back with additional added value propositions in their services for those clients. If you are not able to understand this, then I am sorry but you most probably lack basic business experience, which is not bad, but on the other hand, makes your supposed argument completely ill-informed and inaccurate. I say this without any intention to offend, rather with the best of intentions in mind.

Uninformed, all the most sold phones are touchscreen, followed by more touchscreen phones, facts are facts

Such a shame BlackBerry and the loyalist are mostly stuck with the mindset (I only say most as I'm one but I can see this isn't going to work)Posted via CB10

Fact is that most sold phones are touchscreen. This is true. But you interpret the fact that this is what people want... in 2007 all phones had keyboard and as for touch I remember the Treo and iPaq... that was a fact back then. Again, you tend to correlate common tendency as the main driver and factor in order to decide in business strategy. This is not how it works. BlackBerry decided to go at this stage for the people that do want a qwerty keyboard on their phone. It may seem a niche to you but I would definetely like to have aprox 50-60 milion clients any day if that meant I have to produce phones with keyboard and a toothbrush attached to it... if this is what they asked for I would make the toothbrush work as an attachment give it to them and then sell toothpaste with it ... perspective...

Also, I will say that again to you, the fact that you do not like keyboard does not mean nobody does. Also, we are talking about the first capacitative keyboard ever to launch, so I believe that you are missing the point in that they are quite innovative at the moment and that such keyboard could have uses that go way beyond mobile phones. There are many fields of action where equipment NEEDS a keyboard (and these are military, industry, transportation, space engineering, naval commerce etc). These fields are potential client pools that might need some testing of such keyboard for instance. This is just a guess, but only serves to ilustrate that behind decisions on production there is potentially much more than "what does the crowd using mobile phones want the most?".

Business works that way and BB is targeting enterprise and the sectors mentioned above, because it is their best shot with the most possible ROI and the fastest possible way in climbing up again and saving the ship.

Again, I get your point, but it is your personal preference; the more you insist on people accepting your personal (or mine for what matters) preference as a "bible" for BB or any company to make decisions on, the less perspective awareness you show when it comes to understanding business decisions; and in the case of BB in this forum many of us have a quite informed opinion due to being following closely the company these past years and have some relevant access to information in these forums.

All the best.
    06-24-14 04:52 AM
    I'm not sure about this but didn't BlackBerry sell more Z10/Z30 than Q10/Q5?

Posted via CB10
    They did because people like me, who had keyboard devices prior, wanted to give full touch screens a serious try. I did. I like the Z10 very much, and have been using it since launch day. But miss my keyboard too. So now I'm looking to go back. I'm guessing this time around, keyboard devices will make a pretty good comeback.
    06-24-14 05:35 AM
    To Begin with you are being simplistic and seem to have no grasp of what migrating OS7 users to BB10 from that pull of
    .... as you put it. The starting point is that if from the 10s of milions using BBOS7 devices, the new phones can attract a great % by giving them a revamped BB10 OS on a "familiar" type of design like the bold, that those users want or are accustomed to, then that means GENERATING REVENUE. Devices are not sold for free. At the same time it means that the customers "they can't sustain" will be a renewed and sustainable customer base.

BB has loyal customers on OS7 that if not given what they want they may port to other OSs. Many of those people want keyboard and trackpad with a BB10 carrying over some of the BBos7 functions, integrated in the new OS - look at the forums of the most hard-core BBOS7 users in here for a glimpse). So it is always easier to re-activate existing customer base than acquire new customers. This is a consolidation 101 practice. Also, as I said, this will generate revenue which is much needed, plus it will give time to BB in retaining those customers for the next couple of years, in which they can come back with additional added value propositions in their services for those clients. If you are not able to understand this, then I am sorry but you most probably lack basic business experience, which is not bad, but on the other hand, makes your supposed argument completely ill-informed and inaccurate. I say this without any intention to offend, rather with the best of intentions in mind.
    So ignore the far bigger market and concentrate on the smallest market, good business sense that.

Also, I will say that again to you, the fact that you do not like keyboard does not mean nobody does. Also, we are talking about the first capacitative keyboard ever to launch, so I believe that you are missing the point in that they are quite innovative at the moment and that such keyboard could have uses that go way beyond mobile phones. There are many fields of action where equipment NEEDS a keyboard (and these are military, industry, transportation, space engineering, naval commerce etc). These fields are potential client pools that might need some testing of such keyboard for instance. This is just a guess, but only serves to ilustrate that behind decisions on production there is potentially much more than "what does the crowd using mobile phones want the most?".
    Just because something hasn't been invented yet doesn't always mean everyone else has been over looking, sometimes things didn't need to be invented.

Last thing if you've read my previous posts you would have seen I am not complaining about the Classic, John Chen wants to bring OS7 users to BB10 that's fine that is the device to do it, there is just no need to bring out another phone with a PKB. The Passport is just over engineered.
    06-24-14 05:46 AM
    So ignore the far bigger market and concentrate on the smallest market, good business sense that.

Just because something hasn't been invented yet doesn't always mean everyone else has been over looking, sometimes things didn't need to be invented.

Last thing if you've read my previous posts you would have seen I am not complaining about the Classic, John Chen wants to bring OS7 users to BB10 that's fine that is the device to do it, there is just no need to bring out another phone with a PKB. The Passport is just over engineered.
    Obviously they tried the bigger market and it did not work, so they now have a clear strategic goal after past november, which included concentrating on the "prosumer" market. That is where they are heading. So yes it is good business sense, since the general retail market is a fearse competition where BB got flak from all over the media and lets be honest, could not compete without changing completely their branding and direction and that would most probably mean to both not be very successful in the general market (it is a hard and highly "dominated" market to begin with) and at the same time most probably lose all those faithful clients that saw a peculiar added value on BB. These people are milions, so they finally centered on that as consolidation initial phase.

As per the Classic, it is the one to bring the high migration ratio to bb10 that BB is being after as primary goal since the launch of BB10; agreed. So on top of that, they bring out the Passport which is launching a new kind of keyboard. It certainly has a demographic and a strategic target (eg testing a capacitative keyboard and new input tech) that might be useful to get information on, while at the same time it will be directed to a certain audience that would see added value in it. I cannot see how this is bad in any way. My point was that you and I may like or not like the Passport but Chen has proven to be a real hands on and pragmatic business man and he does have LOTS of experience. His accomplishments in such a few time in re-organising the company are but one of the indications that prove that.

So, I am prone to believe they have some clear and informed reason in going with the passport. that is all. And at the end of the day, as a consumer, I like seing some innovation, which a capacitative qwerty "hybrid" keyboard can certainly classify as one.

All in all, I see no reason of such a fierce polemic against a single device when we really do not know what the reasoning behind it is. We tend to (and I admit I still have that tendency some times) judge the current BB team, based on the general perception of the company from 2011-12 and partly 13. This is imo a mistake, since they have proven with actions that they are now much more hands on, practical, concentrated and efficient. I do not know if they will make it to the final line but imo they are a quite strong and centered team and it seems that what they do is working. So I say, I believe Chen IS thinking and he seems to know very well his business judging from the come around steps made.

As per your statement
    "sometimes things didn't need to be invented"
    I am sorry but again, if you claim to know why such keyboard does not need to be given a try, apart from your personal perception and likings, then please do share your knowledge; and know that there are companies that would pay you huge buck for that... you my friend in this statement are over-acting and allow me to say, are on the limit of prepotence, if you think you hold the divine absolute truth, based on your perception. Maybe it is just the way you expressed that, if it is the case, then I apologise, but if you really consciously mean that phrase, you are being an absolutist based on partial personal perception. Again, that keyboard may not work out commercially, but hell... this does not mean it should not be tried out... you d be amazed how many people have made declarations like that. I ll give you one example:

Already a communications giant with its telegraph monopoly, Western Union felt little need to take risks they deemed as unnecessary in 1876. Sticking to his guns, company president William Orton turned down Gardiner Greene Hubbard's offer to sell the patent to the telephone for a mere $100,000. According to Orton, the invention lacked "commercial possibilities" and resembled an "electrical toy." In the end, he missed out, and AT&T became America's telecommunications giant. - See more at: http://www.businessinsurance.org/10-....ij91t1T6.dpuf

As a concluding remark from the thread title: we may not know exactly what Chen and his team are "thinking" but I believe they are thinking and they have proven that some months in the company. Even if the Passport does not work, the mere keyboard innovation is certainly an asset if it works out, so it can be used on other devices maybe.
    Last edited by currentodysseys; 06-24-14 at 06:35 AM.
    06-24-14 06:19 AM

Obviously they tried the bigger market and it did not work, so they now have a clear strategic goal after past november, which included concentrating on the "prosumer" market. That is where they are heading. So yes it is good business sense, since the general retail market is a fearse competition where BB got flak from all over the media and lets be honest, could not compete without changing completely their branding and direction and that would most probably mean to both not be very successful in the general market (it is a hard and highly "dominated" market to begin with) and at the same time most probably lose all those faithful clients that saw a peculiar added value on BB. These people are milions, so they finally centered on that as consolidation initial phase.
    Getting Flak from all over the place, have you not read what people are saying about it other than on this site? they have not been kind.

As a concluding remark from the thread title: we may not know exactly what Chen and his team are "thinking" but I believe they are thinking and they have proven that some months in the company. Even if the Passport does not work, the mere keyboard innovation is certainly an asset if it works out, so it can be used on other devices maybe.
    John Chen is obviously a highly intelligent man but even they make mistakes and the Passport is a mistake, you say that if the Passport doesn't work the keyboard will be an asset, if the Passport fails it will be down to the keyboard. Off this site people are just commenting on the looks and sadly that's what will be the case they will look at the Passport see it's ugly and won't listen to what specs it has.
    06-24-14 06:35 AM
    I am bewildered to see people able to hit the forum with such peremptory statement "the Passport is a mistake" just because they find it "ugly".
    If i were skeptical (obviously i am not and will buy one asap) i would at least wait to have it in my hands before jumping to any conclusions.
    We don't even now how it works!
    But when people are disappointed to see Blackberry focused on physical keyboards (nothing new here) because they were waiting for another Z30, i guess it's all we can expect, there's nothing logical when it comes to that kind of frustration.
    Can't wait to buy one, i find it spectacularly original and need that extra screen+physical keyboard!
    Whatever Chen is thinking just works for me as long as the Passport is not priced like a Porsche Design...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 06:51 AM
    To begin with, thank you for the conversation!

Getting Flak from all over the place, have you not read what people are saying about it other than on this site? they have not been kind.
    I have read it of course. My reference to flak was in BB addressing the "bigger market" as you put it. So they are not addressing it any more; this is a clearly declared position directly from their strategic positioning statement last year and I did not see that change from last November. That said, the passport is addressed to a certain audience and not directly to the general market. Of course there will be controversy all over tech sites on it, but again, this might be something BB could be able or aiming to capitalize on (just guessing to illustrate that there are always underlayers in any move of the kind, which is my point from the very start). Be it what it may, many people have told me (and this is perception, thus not the "absolute fact") that the only thing they like about BB are keyboards... if the capacitative keyboard makes it as something useful and innovative, I still think it will be an asset to favour BB.

John Chen is obviously a highly intelligent man but even they make mistakes and the Passport is a mistake, you say that if the Passport doesn't work the keyboard will be an asset, if the Passport fails it will be down to the keyboard. Off this site people are just commenting on the looks and sadly that's what will be the case they will look at the Passport see it's ugly and won't listen to what specs it has.
    If passport fails it will not be down to the keyboard, because that would imply that a passport all touch would drive the consumer market to high adoption rates... ? I believe it is not the case. BB has a different focus and your analysis is under another prism, which makes for incompatible cause-effect conclusions in your reasoning in my opinion.

And to add to all this, if they want to try out the new keyboard, I think it is very wise that they do that by producing a totaly different phone and not include this on one like the classic, which has a very specific mission of migration ratio increase in the BBOS7 user base to BB10 devices. To me it seems as a tidy and well thought placement. At the end of the day, we cannot know what BB would qualify as a success for the Passport. It depends on what is the target and purpose of producing it and it most probably (educated guess) it is not intended to sweep i-phone users off their feet and make them change to BB.
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    06-24-14 06:54 AM
    A lot of thoughts in this thread indeed.

Now I'm not sure the "issue" in all of this is the strategy nor orientation Keyboard Vs TouchScreen. For sure I love the touchScreen especially when the virtual keyboard is as smart and efficient as the BB10 one is. Now, I tried the Q10 and figured out it could replace my Z10 as well because of this brilliant OS.

Not more, the problem is not the devices. The problem of the BB10 devices sales failure at first sight is probably not the devices themselves (except for the battery Z10 and Q10 are quite high quality material, good ergonomics and so on good specs if not excellent...)
    The problem, to my mind, was essentially the communication and marketing.

The key point in BB10 is not the device (even if devices are quite good indeed), it is the OS.
    Advertising on the OS was pretty poor. The only demos and pictures were showing the hub hiding behind the main screen and some option menus... What? It was showing something looking complex and difficult to understand. It was showing a lot of text in small space, something quite strict, with non-inventive design...
    If the accent had been made on the gestures and some of the usual - but anyway good - features (timeshift, BBM chats and videos...) it would have sold, I'm sure.

I wouldn't have thrown any deeper look if I stucked with what was advertising at the time. Now, I gave it a chance in a store because I wanted something else than IOS, Android, WP, and was impressed by the ergonomics and gestures. And now, I'm finding other OS so "old school"...
    And that's the second point.
    Trying it in store? I don't know in Canada or US but in France, ... IMPOSSIBLE. No device in any store. 1 year ago, you could barely find some Q10 or Z10 in some telecom stores. No more since at least 6 months. The Z30? Unknwown device here.
    That's quite useless working on devices and making the OS as good as possible if you don't tell anybody and don't let anybody see it.

To my understanding, the only real problem for Blackberry is that one: lack of communication. Even some of my friends who are OS7 long time adopters don't see the point getting a BB10 device because they think the OS is the same and then won't make any sense moving with a touchscreen (or partially touch screen) device.

Put money in advertising. Distribute the products in store. Give some percentage on sales for the distributors; whatever it is a Classic, a Passport (well, this one might be more difficult), a Z30, even a Z10 or Q10. I'm pretty sure they will sale.

Whenever I compare my old Z10 to an iphone 5S or newer Galaxy S5, I will not lie, I find some cool features on the 2 others but I still prefer my Z10 because of the OS, simply the OS.
    06-24-14 06:56 AM
    ....We don't even now how it works!...
    Those are a few magical words right there...! that alone deserves a "Wait..." sign be put up.

BaffTech and Shadowyugi like this.
    06-24-14 06:57 AM
    Well...that was an entertaining read.

What I've ascertained: The OP is somewhat deluded and has some sort of superiority complex where he thinks he speaks for "everybody".

I'm pretty much just going to play Switzerland for now (Yes, I know the analogy isn't entirely accurate, but I wanted to say it nonetheless). I'm going to wait for it to come out in September (which happens to be when my contract is up for renewal! Yay!) and give it a shot - if I like it, I will get it. Otherwise, I will wait for another all-touch - which I'm quite sure is coming.

I actually like the look of it. The photos weren't that appealing until I saw the photos of it in use. It is rather nice-looking. I realise that this is my opinion and some might not share this opinion.

However, if you take a look at GSMArena - the interest in the Passport is much higher than the interest in the Classic. It is also just below the interest in the iPhone 5S. This shows that people are looking at it...people are interested. Head-turning is important.
    06-24-14 07:39 AM
    Well...that was an entertaining read...

...'m pretty much just going to play Switzerland for now (Yes, I know the analogy isn't entirely accurate, but I wanted to say it nonetheless)....

...I actually like the look of it. The photos weren't that appealing until I saw the photos of it in use. It is rather nice-looking. I realise that this is my opinion and some might not share this opinion....

...However, if you take a look at GSMArena - the interest in the Passport is much higher than the interest in the Classic. It is also just below the interest in the iPhone 5S. This shows that people are looking at it...people are interested. Head-turning is important.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 07:43 AM
    Uninformed, all the most sold phones are touchscreen, followed by more touchscreen phones, facts are facts
    I assume you were responding to my post (though you didn't included who you were responding to)....but once again you respond by completely changing the subject to something different than the context of the originating post. My comment a response about the possible success of those phones that you thought were ugly, not about which phones are the most sold. Apparently to you, all decisions, all issues, boil down to one issue which is that lots of people are using (full) touchscreen phones and thus......even though BB owns the entire segment of physical keyboard phones....they should just abandon it because it's not what "most" people buy.

Imagine if Lear (Jet) and Bentley took your advice. Or Cartier. Or Waldolf Astoria. Or whole foods. Or........

So just because people are talking about BlackBerry it's a good, so people using words like dying breed, ugly, stupidly big, trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist, why would anyone buy that. So that's a good thing is it? It isn't in my book surely people saying nothing is better than that

Posted via CB10
    Those "people" are you. So....your logic is that because you have that opinion that means BB is doomed?
    06-24-14 07:44 AM

So, multiple people have tried to explain this to you now. I will try again. Not every approach to market has to be in selling the "most popular" version of whatever it is you attempt to compete with. ESPECIALLY if that market is heavily over saturated already.

You theory is......if applied to other products.....

that Mercedes should ONLY be introducing a car to compete with the Chevy Cobalt or Toyota Camry, since that's what most people buy.

That Disney should only make movies with live action.........since that what most movies are.

That LG and Samsung should only makes LCD based TVs and not Plasma........since that's what most TV are.

That local TV stations should not air re-runs of Seinfeld during the typical time slots of local news.....since that's what most TV stations are airing at that time.

That Apple should only make PC's since that's what most people buy!!!!

See, there is a concept known as the "undeserved market". And it's not always the largest segment of the market. It doesn't mean you can't compete there and make money, it just means that you won't be making some fools errand of trying to unseat the much more well equipped competitors in some other segment. You go with your strengths.

Uh, WHAT? What does this have to do with -
    A- the quote you responded to, OR
    B- BlackBerry?

So, in the course of 3 sentences you said you're "not complaining about the classic", then proceeded to complain about the Classic.
    06-24-14 08:05 AM
    I just don't buy the marketing excuse.

When the z10 was released it was everywhere. It was front and center in the best buy. It was available in many carrier stores.

Most people do not know about new smartphone releases until after the fact. You go into a store and see what's available.

What BlackBerry loyalists fail to realize is that the z10 just did not offer any compelling reason for users to buy in. I went and checked one out. I wasn't impressed.

So now they want to take on the note 4 with a 4.5 inch 1:1 PKB device.

Good luck with that.
    One of the many reason was the half bake OS. There's not enough to compel non BB uses to switch. BB was caught in now or never situation. The failure of not getting the BB10 out into the market was going to do more damage than launching a half baked phone. BB was caught between a rock and a hard place.
    currentodysseys likes this.
    06-24-14 08:46 AM
    There's a rumor that the BlackBerry Manitoba is going to be an all-touch device that will be released around March of next year.

Updated: 64-Bit BlackBerry All Touch Manitoba Specifications -

BlackBerry desperately needs to get the BB7 users converted to newer devices, but obviously they understand that many people also want large, touch screen phones.

06-24-14 08:51 AM
    Honestly the motorola Q is still my favorite physical keyboard device lol

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:51 AM
    One of the many reason was the half bake OS. There's not enough to compel non BB uses to switch. BB was caught in now or never situation. The failure of not getting the BB10 out into the market was going to do more damage than launching a half baked phone. BB was caught between a rock and a hard place.
    I don't think they are looking for people to switch right this second, do you realize how many sales they would have if they could just get most of the BB07 users to switch to bb10 phones

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 08:54 AM
    There's a rumor that the BlackBerry Manitoba is going to be an all-touch device that will be released around March of next year.

Updated: 64-Bit BlackBerry All Touch Manitoba Specifications -

BlackBerry desperately needs to get the BB7 users converted to newer devices, but obviously they understand that many people also want large, touch screen phones.
    As a user BBOS (among others), I can say that part of what's holding us up is the fact that they took away SO many basic BB features from BBOS when they went to BB10....besides just the tool belt. To make an analogy... As soon as they put the power windows and locks back into their new model, I'll trade in my older car. Until then, I can live without the backup camera.
    06-24-14 09:25 AM
    ... unfortunately it seems Chen is trying to re-invent the Compact Disk even though 99% of people have gone to mp3.
    I love this statement as it's already outdated as people are moving away from MP3's and onto Streaming, so as an analogy to BlackBerry do we assume that they're even more behind the times !? (I say yes, the Classic and Passport are moribund homage's to the past, not a bright new future).
    06-24-14 09:33 AM
    What is he playing at with the Passport, He is not a stupid man he is surely a highly intelligent man. But this new device will be the device that finally kills Blackberry. In technology you HAVE to keep moving forward if you stand still and you will be left behind. But if you do what Blackberry are doing and go backwards you go down a route you will not return from. Physical keyboard are a thing of the past there is a reason why the likes of Samsung and Apple don't use them, you won't see them bringing out a physical keyboard phone as there is only a very small amount of people want them hence why Blackberry has fallen so far behind them. It's easy the Z30 is an awesome phone all they need to do is bring out a updated version of it with the specs that can compete.

It's a sad day as I love using my Z30 and it seems as if it's going to be my last Blackberry I own as when it eventually dies of old age I will be forced to by an Android phone it's a real shame really Blackberry had a really good platform to build on with the Z30 but have decided to turn the complete wrong way. Sometimes different isn't always a good thing, Sometimes things like the Passport haven't been done because there isn't a market for them. If this was brought out when Blackberry first went to do touchscreens then it might have worked as it would be a progression towards touchscreen but to do it now is illogical and a daft thing to do.

R.I.P Blackberry :-(

Stuart
    I'm Sorry, You're the CEO of which multi million dollar multi national company?
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    06-24-14 09:49 AM
    Didn't you hear there will a high end touch phone? Basically, you still have choice here, just give it sometime. If you drive a Luxus that doesn't mean everyone else needs the same, the choice Is very clear for somes, they can't get much choice with other brand except All touch. So if you want a dedicated Keyboard would you quit BlackBerry? Yes, i am in all touch, but realized there is a good benefit of the kb.
    06-24-14 09:50 AM
    I love this statement as it's already outdated as people are moving away from MP3's and onto Streaming, so as an analogy to BlackBerry do we assume that they're even more behind the times !? (I say yes, the Classic and Passport are moribund homage's to the past, not a bright new future).
    Right, because giving people more options is such a bad move, especially when people are telling you directly that they would like options.
    06-24-14 10:01 AM
    I've added some punctuation so that people can understand the good points that you are trying to make.

I totally agree with you. I don't think BlackBerry should drop the keyboard phone, but I think that one is more than enough in the BlackBerry line up. They should only have 3 phones total; two touch screen and one keyboard

Posted using my Z10 via CB10

you are not force to buy this new thing and mr, chen will never listen to your comment ever he has his own disposition thats why he is the CEO and you are not...so buy the malware thing...
    06-24-14 10:07 AM
    You have no idea how many (high profile) people with Bolds and Curves were waiting for the new BB10 keyboard phones. When the Q10 came out the distate for it was evident. No belt = no sales. I can't tell you how many times I turned on BNN or the like and heard one of the hosts say they couldn't wait for the new keyboard Blackberries to come out. The passport may turn out to be a niche device, but the classic will sell. Keyboard + belt + BB10 + apps from Amazon = success. The free advertising alone from TV personalities gushing over their new modern blackberries will be priceless.
    Very true.I too awaited patiently.

However in comparison to 2.8 inch screen of 9900 it felt as an upgrade to 3.1,but I realized its still small and always hoped a bit more screen real estate.

I would say it's the screen size which made q10 less popular. Else it's a powerful device which performs better than z10.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Tim Heard and Bbnivende like this.
    06-24-14 10:23 AM
    Very true.I too awaited patiently.

However in comparison to 2.8 inch screen of 9900 it felt as an upgrade to 3.1,but I realized its still small and always hoped a bit more screen real estate.

I would say it's the screen size which made q10 less popular. Else it's a powerful device which performs better than z10.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Yes the Q10 should have been 3.5 inches all along. In fact I would like to see a 4 inch version but with a Bold keyboard and no toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-14 12:17 PM
692 ... 1011121314 ...