07-28-13 02:06 AM
55 123
tools
    Ok I am hearing a lot of rumours about a lot of device but no sliders. the bb torch 9800 was the best bb I ever had and would love to see a slider on BB10 can some give me some good news as it relates to a BB10 slider. There was talk about the M series but its as if this has gone cold. I need any information that you guys have when it comes to the BB10 slider.
    Yes yes...love my Torch 9800 slider. It was my first Blackberry and took my time researching when I bought it and the strong RIM/Blackberry brand/security.

I have seen the Z10 and played with it...and the Q10 and played with it. I like having the keyboard for text and emails etc and the touch for other tasks when not needing a keyboard. Too often when txting friends on virtual boards they say I type too fast, and they can't keep up.

Many complain about the weight of the Torch, but personally I like the weight. I tried the Z10 and it seems so light and the Q10. I think those of us who like the slider 9800/9810 series need to let our voices be known to Blackberry and not just in the forums. Writing directly to Blackberry and letting them know there is a want and there are those of us who would hop on the bandwagon if they were to bring one out...boom bam.

I'm still holding on my 9800 as contract just ran out. Thought I might go for Z10 but not sure, I tried and just feels odd no keys. Played with the Q10 and honestly even though it has keys I feel the screen is somewhat smaller than my 9800. Hmm...still on fence - hoping holding out for something of a shimmer for a Torch like BB10 on the horizon. I will at some point go BB10 to support and keep Torch as backup/pre-paid account phone.

Although my 9800 does exactly what I need it to do...pound out txts and emals...I don't watch lots of video...so I might go in for the Q10 if /when. We shall see...but for now I'm still satisfied with the 9800 and I didn't get that tile it was a year old. So maybe I can wait a full year for a new BB10 ...or go from AT&T now that contract is over - go to Tmobile and upgrade next year hopefully to a BB slider...

I feel it...yeah let's just send out the energy...BB10 slider....BB10 slider...chant everybody...the crowd goes wiiiiiiild!
    07-27-13 06:35 PM
    Something similar to the BlackBerry Blade Concept for look is perfect. Yes no track or physical front keys on the screen like the Blade has but a sleek looking phone like that would sell. Everyone I have shown it to loves it.

Posted via CB10
    Ooooh yess...the Blade concept! Now I think that would have sold like hotcakes if that were
    first versus the Z10 then introduce the Q10, then later the Z10. That's that's just me and
    3cents!
    07-27-13 06:44 PM
    I agree on the slider design. But, if at all possible, I want the scroll wheel back too since we're doing classic BlackBerry features (though I like the track ball better than the track pad).

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    07-27-13 07:03 PM
    I agree on the slider design. But, if at all possible, I want the scroll wheel back too since we're doing classic BlackBerry features (though I like the track ball better than the track pad).

I used my Z10 to create this CrackBerry madness!
    No balls pads or other physical input devices other than the keyboard are invited.
    07-28-13 12:48 AM
    Oh, a track pad is a must. Only way to make one hand operation possible.

I too like the blade concept. Would fit nicely in a back pocket. But as someone pointed out already, component and battery engineering would be a nightmare on the curved structure.

www.907outdoors.com
    07-28-13 02:06 AM
55 123