1. hopl
    Hi there!
    i'm new on this forum and find it really interesting.
    I'm not a Blackberry user, i had a Curve 8900 but i'm an iphone user since 2007.
    I tried a bold 9930 and i must confess i miss the physical keyboard!
    In another hand i find BB's screen really tiny, so i'd like to know if your community heard about an hypothetical device that would fit these 2 specs:
    a 3-3.5" screen with the great 9900 keyboard.
    I saw some London device pics and i really don't like the Android/iphone look, i'd definitely buy a BB with a bigger screen and what is RIM's signature: its great keyboard
    (i don't care about the BB store, most of the important apps are already there and the arrival of true tactile devices -with a bigger screen will certainly renew developpers' interest in Blackberry)
    Just to precise my thought (i used Gimp and as you can see i'm not an expert...but at least i got the real dimensions: 3.43" screen, 1180 mm x 685mm)
    i tried to visualize what an evoluted Bold X could look like:

Thanks for your advice and sorry again for the poor attempt,
    cheers!
    04-28-12 06:12 AM
    04-28-12 09:07 AM
  3. hopl
    yes i saw this one
    nice but i think optical pad is a must have when you have a physical keyboard. (when you're writing it's more instinctive to scroll with this pad than go clicking on the screen, maybe it's just me after all...)
    Another thing, i know there's a competition about the slimest smartphone ever, but i'd prefere a thicker one (not too much though ) with 2-3 days of normal activity autonomy than a 80mm running out of battery after 6 hours.
    04-28-12 11:21 AM
    Yeah a normal sized touch screen candybar with buttons is what we all want. That's why we sticking to blackberrys, our final hope.
    04-28-12 11:22 AM
    Yeah a normal sized touch screen candybar with buttons is what we all want. That's why we sticking to blackberrys, our final hope.
    they have something similar in the motorola droid pro
    04-29-12 07:30 PM
  6. hopl
    i think this one as some candybars' android based devices (like Huawei and its no brand cellphones sold by some carriers, at least here in Europe) is not tall and large enough.
    The bold i'd like to buy would be at least 11.5 cm x 6.7 cm (to fit both confortable screen and keyboard)
    04-30-12 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD