Wasn't BlackBerry working on something that would have been similar in appearance tot eh ASUS Padphone, but different conceptually
    in that the phone was supposed to actually be controlling the dummy tablet or laptop?

Obviously lots has happened in the past few years that could have derailed that concept, but I thought that some device like that was to
    be the eventual replacement for the Playbook.

Has anyone heard any rumors about anything like this?
    10-11-13 10:17 AM
    Wasn't BlackBerry working on something that would have been similar in appearance tot eh ASUS Padphone, but different conceptually
    in that the phone was supposed to actually be controlling the dummy tablet or laptop?

Obviously lots has happened in the past few years that could have derailed that concept, but I thought that some device like that was to
    be the eventual replacement for the Playbook.

Has anyone heard any rumors about anything like this?
    The PlayBook was originally envisioned as an companion device much like this...not sure if a physical dock was planned. But they soon scraped that idea and tried going with a full tablet instead.

It is a interesting concept, and ASUS is able to price it in a reasonable range...

But I see a Tablet as a device you will have a several years, where as a phone you (at least here in the US) replace about every 2 years (contract length) or even less. It's like TV/VCR and later TV/DVD combo devices... very limited market these will appeal to.
    10-11-13 10:28 AM
    Here's an article I found related to what I was describing:

PC-Smartphone Convergence: Impractical Dream or Workable Reality?
    10-11-13 10:30 AM
    I ALMOST transferred this thread to the Android sub forum. LOL But I opted for a title change instead.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    10-11-13 10:49 AM
    Heh. Thanks.
    10-11-13 12:11 PM