I have the Tour and am waiting to upgrade to something besides the Bold, as I feel they are so similar....Is there something worth waiting for?

...not interested in the Storm 3.

Thanks.
    08-01-10 09:56 AM
    Nothing that we know of just yet. (The Bold9650 is an incredible device though!!!)
    I just read a post about VZW getting the 9800, but I would be very very surprised if they did. Supposedly its going to GSM carriers like ATT, but the last leak of its OS was bundled with VZW files as well... We shall see.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...-9800-a-506471

Welcom to Crackberry by the way.
    08-01-10 10:00 AM
    You'll always be waiting for something better.

The two are very similar. If you are hard-up to get a new phone, the 9650 will be your best option and probably won't be replaced with a phone of the same form factor in the next year. If you are looking for a different style, hang on to your Tour for another 6-8 months to see what gets announced. Then decide.
    08-01-10 01:47 PM
    I have had the Tour and then the Curve and now I have the Bold. It may be similar to the TOUR but it is definitely not the same. Trust me. This is an awesome BB. I am very glad I have it. It feels a little heavier than the Tour. The qwerty keypad is more spacious and I had no break in period on typing on it. As I had stated in a review I had posted it is like an old glove ..........it is wonderfully comfortable.
    The camera is great too. My calls are very clear and crisp No dropped calls so far except with my bf in CA when she is driving in a certain area.......always gets dropped.

You would be very happy with the Bold. Co-workers are in awe of it.......they really think it is cool. This is a BB I will be very happy with for a long time. I can't put it down
    08-01-10 02:21 PM
    Oh, and the 9650 will likely get OS6, which is another thing the Tour doesn't have (and probably won't get).
    08-01-10 02:24 PM
    I appreciate the help (and the welcoming )!

I just don't want to get the Bold and hear something new come out...It is true though, that you're always waiting for the next best thing.

I think I'm going to end up getting the bold. Useful info from all..Thank you!
    08-01-10 05:43 PM
    Nothing that we know of just yet. (The Bold9650 is an incredible device though!!!)
    I just read a post about VZW getting the 9800, but I would be very very surprised if they did. Supposedly its going to GSM carriers like ATT, but the last leak of its OS was bundled with VZW files as well... We shall see.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/so...-9800-a-506471

Welcom to Crackberry by the way.
    the lte networks are supposed to be backwards compatible with gsm. i would assume a gsm 9800 could potentially be used on verizon's network.
    08-03-10 03:10 PM
    I don't know what I would do If I was in your situation. I had a Tour and now have the Bold and yeah they are similar, but the Bold is so much better. Night and day between the trackball and trackpad. Wifi, way more memory, even though I'm not using nearly any of it. Nice keyboard. Thats said if I had a Tour still id probably want to wait and see what came out for LTE in November. However theres no guarantee that RIM will get it in gear and have an LTE device ready by November.

I will say In satisfied with my Bold and I think it will be fantastic with OS6. Its plenty of phone to keep my off of upgrading until something really really nice comes out, when ever that is. Honestly once the Browsing is fixed with OS6 I'm not really sure what more I could want in a phone. Needless to say Ill probably have my Bold for a good long time.
    08-05-10 03:26 PM
    If you see something you like/want now, buy it. Waiting for the next best thing will keep you constantly waiting. Waiting for RIM to impress you (with something radically different and awe-inspiring) is an even longer wait.
    08-05-10 03:50 PM
    It's beginning to look a lot like android... I can't see wasting money on Bold and burning an upgrade before LTE devices roll out this fall/winter/spring, even though the full LTE rollout won't be in place for a year or two. It'd be nice to have the option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-10 06:19 PM
    I have had the Tour and then the Curve and now I have the Bold. It may be similar to the TOUR but it is definitely not the same. Trust me. This is an awesome BB. I am very glad I have it. It feels a little heavier than the Tour. The qwerty keypad is more spacious and I had no break in period on typing on it. As I had stated in a review I had posted it is like an old glove ..........it is wonderfully comfortable.
    The camera is great too. My calls are very clear and crisp No dropped calls so far except with my bf in CA when she is driving in a certain area.......always gets dropped.

You would be very happy with the Bold. Co-workers are in awe of it.......they really think it is cool. This is a BB I will be very happy with for a long time. I can't put it down
    Ahh, my first impressions of the Bold 9650 were not as good. When I played with it in the store, and perhaps that makes a difference, I felt like it was cheap piece of plastic. I couldn't see the difference in the keys from the Tour and I thought the trackpad was barely there. Did not like using it. Now granted, I had been in there checking out the Droids, so I may come to a different impression after using it for a while.

I am growing tired of the small screen, but like many Tour users, I am not sure I want to give up the physical keyboard or the BlackBerry platform. The Torch seemed to be best of both worlds. I am sure at some point Verizon will have a new device from RIM, I just hope it's not Summer of 2011 at the earliest. Otherwise, I may have to go deal with Droid not having color notificatons like BerryBuzz offers and accept that as the cost of doing business to get the big screen with a physical keyboard on Verizon.
    08-08-10 03:30 AM
    the lte networks are supposed to be backwards compatible with gsm. i would assume a gsm 9800 could potentially be used on verizon's network.
    Errrrm, I think you have it backwards. I think it's supposed to be that LTE DEVICES are to be backwards compatible, not the network. Verizon is once again making a play for network exclusivity because AT&T and others are not going with LTE for a quite a while yet. AT&T isn't even capable of expanding high speed HSPA outside of major urban areas yet, nevermind having the wherewithal to make a jump to LTE.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Bobcat665; 08-08-10 at 10:15 AM.
    08-08-10 10:07 AM
    Ok, how about this? My Storm 1 (yea i know) got wet over the weekend, and doesn't work like it should (works from startup until screen goes dark, then the screen won't show up again). I'm due for New Every 2 in 2 weeks. I do have insurance as well. I know they are going to try and give me a refurb Storm 1, which I don't want at all. Think I can work it to get a storm 2? Or get whatever they give me, and try to wait it out until something new gets rolled out?

I'm mostly worried about switching from touchscreen, which I've had for 2 years, to physical keyboard (mostly b/c I have rather large fingers), which I have never had before on any phone (went straight from T9 to Storm).
    08-08-10 09:59 PM
    Ok, how about this? My Storm 1 (yea i know) got wet over the weekend, and doesn't work like it should (works from startup until screen goes dark, then the screen won't show up again). I'm due for New Every 2 in 2 weeks. I do have insurance as well. I know they are going to try and give me a refurb Storm 1, which I don't want at all. Think I can work it to get a storm 2? Or get whatever they give me, and try to wait it out until something new gets rolled out?

I'm mostly worried about switching from touchscreen, which I've had for 2 years, to physical keyboard (mostly b/c I have rather large fingers), which I have never had before on any phone (went straight from T9 to Storm).

Get your refurb(likely a S1) and ebay it. Then buy what you want with your NE2.
    08-11-10 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD