04-03-15 06:42 PM
139 ... 456
tools
    The Passport Touch with rounded corners...it's seems to be the most logical reasoning.

Switch from a LCD screen to a super AMOLED screen to get even more battery life. Have a virtual Passport keyboard . Obviously the screen would be larger.

This would appease those who would want a high end touchscreen device.

Furthermore this would eliminate the need for a tablet.

Posted via CB10
    The Passport has a square screen. If you depart from a square screen you end up with a rectangular screen. For an all touch phone the only rectangular that is common and cheap to supply is your standard 5 inch display. Probably going with a higher PP!. If BlackBerry was to depart from a square screen for their PKB phones I would be looking for a 4:3 screen. They do not seem to want to depart from their current screen sizes. So basically, no one ... and I mean no one would buy an all touch phone with a 4.5 inch square screen.
    03-10-15 02:18 PM
    Why not get Samsung to help out with the camera software?

Posted via CB10
    Because they have gotten Sony.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 01:46 AM
    If u are cemra needer
    Then buy orignal cemraa
    Mobile 200px cant beat real 5mp cemra
    Ok

posted via Q10
    03-22-15 10:49 AM
    Yeah, but when networking like through Facebook or LinkedIn, Twitter etc.....its a lot easier to snap photos from a phone and upload.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-15 05:08 PM
    Keep in mind that any device BlackBerry releases is geared towards enterprise. They're in a unique situation in that whatever they release for enterprise spills over to the majority of carriers. They'll release an all touch if it makes sense for business.
    That may be somewhat of a downfall to BlackBerry, because many have Z10's and Z30's that are looking for upgrades. Not to mention the majority of iOS and Android users (If they wanted to try out BB10) would most likely want Full Touch.
    The majority do not want keyboard based devices, hence the reason why they went full touch in the first place. Now I know the majority will not leave the BB10 platform, but they will lose a sizable amount of people if they do not refresh there full touch line. Or at least have one mid/high end device with better specs than what is currently out. Now that inventory is not an issue, I don't see why John Chen wouldn't release such a device. A Z50 for example would make worlds of sense to me and I am sure to you too.
    Based no a few Enterprise contacts I speak to once in a while, people (The workers) want full touch phones, they no longer want BOLDS and physical keyboard phones. I suppose this is what the Leap is for. We shall see soon enough if and when John Chen executes on his plans & predictions.

Ever since he took over the company, I find it will successfully recover, perhaps not as fast as some would like, but nevertheless, it will. May not be a monster of a company, but "Worst Case", they will cater to a niche consumer.

By the way BlackBerry is not for sale, and will not be for sale, not now and not in the foreseeable future. In 6-8 years from today, talk to me, until then, ain't happening.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    03-22-15 10:04 PM
    By the way BlackBerry is not for sale, and will not be for sale, not now and not in the foreseeable future. In 6-8 years from today, talk to me, until then, ain't happening.
    The Canadian government will not allow BlackBerry to be sold. They could shed some divisions though.
    03-23-15 08:32 PM
    The Canadian government will not allow BlackBerry to be sold. They could shed some divisions though.
    If whom ever buys it agrees to keep HQ and jobs in Canada vs going bankrupt or leaving Canada, then welcome to Canada!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 01:21 AM
    People thought the same with Nortel. They will prevent it from being sold to a Chinese or other company that would be a threat to national security by obtaining the technology. Other than that I think they would let the company be sold.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 02:09 PM
    I think he gave that interview on CNBC. The question was posed close toward the end of that interview.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 07:48 PM
    If whom ever buys it agrees to keep HQ and jobs in Canada vs going bankrupt or leaving Canada, then welcome to Canada!
    If a Chinese company were able to buy BlackBerry on those conditions, it may have happened already.
    04-03-15 04:41 AM
    If a Chinese company were able to buy BlackBerry on those conditions, it may have happened already.
    Just the Chinese - Harper and the Chinese government are not friends.
    04-03-15 02:32 PM
    The Passport has a square screen. If you depart from a square screen you end up with a rectangular screen. For an all touch phone the only rectangular that is common and cheap to supply is your standard 5 inch display. Probably going with a higher PP!. If BlackBerry was to depart from a square screen for their PKB phones I would be looking for a 4:3 screen. They do not seem to want to depart from their current screen sizes. So basically, no one ... and I mean no one would buy an all touch phone with a 4.5 inch square screen.
    How large would the screen be if BlackBerry made a full touchscreen device the size of the Passport including the keyboard in the dimensions?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 03:34 PM
    How large would the screen be if BlackBerry made a full touchscreen device the size of the Passport including the keyboard in the dimensions?

Posted via CB10
    I think you are approaching the design issue backwards. The Passport was designed around a 4.5 inch square screen (diagonal).

If the all touch Passport screen conformed to 4:3 format but had the same width then the screen would be 5.3 inches (diagonal).

What you really should want is the Passport's high PPI screen in a standard 16:9 format. The Passport is rather W I D E.
    04-03-15 05:45 PM
    I've actually gotten very comfortable with the dimensions of the Passport. Love reading emails and articles via the browser with the extra width of the screen. Having it all touch would really provide that extra real estate to see more of a page and especially on those occasions when you want even more horizontal space by turning the phone on its side. I came from a Z10 and was very comfortable with the virtual keyboard. I find the width of an iPhone 6 to be to small and the length of the iPhone 6+ too tall. An all touch Passport would be perfect in my view... Although, I suspect that it may cause issues with apps that aren't formatted for such dimensions...
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    04-03-15 06:42 PM
139 ... 456