04-03-15 07:42 PM
139 ... 23456
tools
    lnichols
    Great points. And you are correct about the late BES10 deployment. But the major issue with BES10 was the fact it did not support BBOS devices. The majority of Enterprise Customers and especially Government take years to perform a full device replacement program. Where BlackBerry went wrong was none existing BBOS support via BES10.
    Had they released BES12 at the time, BB10 would have seen 10x more sales.

And yes the For Sale Sign that caused several Million Z10 returns in a matter of months, that alone hurt BlackBerry's image. Obviously a huge mistake for Management to put the company up for sale, where it did not have to. Instead of rectifying internal management issues and screw up's they decide to dig themselves further in a hole by way of the For Sale Sign.

John Chen is on track, at least 1 full Quarter ahead of schedule. Expect One Concept Device to be shown on Mobile Congress 2015. Expect a new revised Passport to be shown. Expect a possible BB10 Smart Watch and finally a possible BB10 8" concept Tablet, geared for sometime in Q3 2015 by Foxconn.

And expect a unique announcement with regards to a major Smart Phone player that is located in China. This IMO may **** off Samsung providing the rumor is correct. And yes a Grain of Salt People.
    Wait for this wait for that then the end result is the same...no sales
    I cannot believe people still say wait for new phones and we will be back...I have been waiting since the Z10...
    They sold 5.8 million phones in a year...Apple sells 33,000 iphones per hours
    02-26-15 02:37 PM
    My husband uses Galaxy. I haven't seen much improvement with each upgrade he acquires.

They are still weak and not near to being the tank a BlackBerry is.

Posted via CB10
    "they are weak" as you said, still they sell more of them in a day than all blackberry models sell in a year
    02-26-15 02:39 PM
    I'm passed that there is no Z10 replacement but the more I have to wait, the more I realize that I have a want more than a need
    My z10 does have some hardware issues though.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 12:24 AM
    "they are weak" as you said, still they sell more of them in a day than all blackberry models sell in a year
    Its all about Marketing. That's it.
    Samsung heavily markets its phones, BlackBerry does not.
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    02-27-15 08:40 AM
    Its all about Marketing. That's it.
    Samsung heavily markets its phones, BlackBerry does not.
    Ecosystem too. People know Android is about as good app wise as Apple is. BlackBerry is not, even with the Android runtime due to Google Play not being supported. Even if BlackBerry spent tons on marketing, it still wouldn't get the sales numbers Samsung has IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Rello likes this.
    02-27-15 09:17 AM
    That's because the cell providers push them at cheap prices and the average consumer doesn't do their homework. They are the Chevy of smart phones. You get what you pay for.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 03:38 PM
    When will the Visa/Victoria likely come out? I have the Z10, don't want to get a phone as old as the Z30 and have to keep it for 2 years. Would rather hold out for a full touch, with bigger screen, if that is coming anytime soon?
    02-27-15 05:30 PM
    When will the Visa/Victoria likely come out? I have the Z10, don't want to get a phone as old as the Z30 and have to keep it for 2 years. Would rather hold out for a full touch, with bigger screen, if that is coming anytime soon?
    We should all find out early next week at MWC announcement. For the sake of BlackBerry 10's existing all touch customers, I hope they have something exciting to announce, and a wait time of no longer than a few months. If the Leap is it, or the high end comes out late 2015 early 2016, then they may have existing customers leaping to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende and LuvULongTime like this.
    02-27-15 06:38 PM
    The rumor I heard was June with the announcement at WMC in March. We are getting closer!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:49 PM
    It's amazing BlackBerry kept everything sealed for Mobile Congress and it is only a few more days to go. This must be excited!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 09:39 PM
    I hope they'll announce a new phone that Z10 and Z30 users will upgrade to.

 Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 
    nosmartphoneyet likes this.
    02-27-15 10:37 PM
    I don't think they shatter more or less than the Z10 Or Z30. Any screen can and will shatter if it hits the wrong way. My son's SG5 seems built pretty well and so do the Note line. I wasn't thrilled with the build quality of the Z10, but the Z30, minus the volume and power buttons, is a solid device.

Posted via CB10
    I beg to differ. The Z10 has an excellent build quality and a great screen. If it would have had a bit of stainless steel around the edging it would have been even better. I do think that both Z models have good build quality but dubious styling design decisions.

The silver chin on theZ30. They should have had metal on the Z10 similar to the Porsche model. The nicest Z10 was the red developers model. Why didn't they make that phone for consumers? No they had to give it away.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:47 PM
    The Victoria-star-trek-spock1.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 07:17 AM
    I beg to differ. The Z10 has an excellent build quality and a great screen. If it would have had a bit of stainless steel around the edging it would have been even better. I do think that both Z models have good build quality but dubious styling design decisions.

The silver chin on theZ30. They should have had metal on the Z10 similar to the Porsche model. The nicest Z10 was the red developers model. Why didn't they make that phone for consumers? No they had to give it away.

Posted via CB10
    Mine started creaking after a year and a half, the battery cover design was/is garbage. Like all my removable battery BlackBerry devices, it was starting to reboot when setting it down on surfaces too. It is a thick device that makes it seem sturdier than it is IMHO. The Z30 is thinner and feels even sturdier to me, and I think it revolves around the non removable battery allowing them to make the whole package sturdier. I prefer the screen on the Z30 too. I can't detect the PPI loss, but can see the better blacks, and the screen size makes typing and viewing things much better.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-28-15 07:49 AM
    Mine started creaking after a year and a half, the battery cover design was/is garbage. Like all my removable battery BlackBerry devices, it was starting to reboot when setting it down on surfaces too. It is a thick device that makes it seem sturdier than it is IMHO. The Z30 is thinner and feels even sturdier to me, and I think it revolves around the non removable battery allowing them to make the whole package sturdier. I prefer the screen on the Z30 too. I can't detect the PPI loss, but can see the better blacks, and the screen size makes typing and viewing things much better.

Posted via CB10
    Lucky me, no creaks or reboots or battery cover issues or battery issues. Then again, I do not use the phone in business and was not an early adopter. I agree, that the Z30 and devices with a non removable battery are probably more reliable and solid. There were many many threads complaining about the move to the non-removable battery but those complaints have died off lately. I also use a case on my Z10 which adds to a solid feel.

The Z30 screen is just OK. I wear progressive lenses and I am quite sensitive any loss in clarity. The Z30 is actually thicker than the Z10 but both were thicker than the iPhone.

My ideal Z would be to have a body of the size of a 10 but with the bezels of the Z30 - a Z30 mini if you prefer.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-28-15 at 12:14 PM.
    02-28-15 11:40 AM
    Ecosystem too. People know Android is about as good app wise as Apple is. BlackBerry is not, even with the Android runtime due to Google Play not being supported. Even if BlackBerry spent tons on marketing, it still wouldn't get the sales numbers Samsung has IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they can if the price was right. Remember there's approx: 100+M ex BBRY users in the wild.

Posted by Q5
    03-01-15 01:37 AM
    Yes they can if the price was right. Remember there's approx: 100+M ex BBRY users in the wild.

Posted by Q5
    Only if they sold them significantly less than a comparable Android, which they can't do, because your buying a degraded app experience.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:07 AM
    Only if they sold them significantly less than a comparable Android, which they can't do, because your buying a degraded app experience.

Posted via CB10
    And an good portion of those 100 mill former BBRY owners live in Markets where they can not sell lower than the locally made Android product

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:41 AM
    And an good portion of those 100 mill former BBRY owners live in Markets where they can not sell lower than the locally made Android product

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. The Z3 was made for Indonesia, and cheap Android devices can offer a more complete app experience for less. BlackBerry is losing that market.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:27 AM
    Might we hear more about this device tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 11:33 AM
    Might we hear more about this device tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    If it does really exist as a device, tuesday is the day it will be shown! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 01:31 PM
    If it does really exist as a device, tuesday is the day it will be shown! ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully!

 Posted via my BlackBerry Z10 
    03-01-15 07:24 PM
    It'll be today

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 02:02 AM
    Did you see it?? Did you??? The touch slider at WMC??

I saw it!!! It is real!!! *Happy Dance *

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 04:55 AM
    Did you see it?? Did you??? The touch slider at WMC??

I saw it!!! It is real!!! *Happy Dance *

Posted via CB10
    Um no. That was a plain old boring bulky thick slider. No visible one row keyboard, no retractable keyboard, and certainly not a "hybrid"!

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    03-03-15 05:05 AM
139 ... 23456