04-03-15 06:42 PM
139 1234 ...
tools
    Yup....this one is said to be a Slider with a pivoting screen. The anticipation is relentless.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-15 12:02 AM
    I can't wait for this one this is innovation at its best March can't come any quicker
    TheQuietRioter and j21jam6 like this.
    02-15-15 05:39 PM
    Surprised no leaks so far, not even on the software side, nothing.
    02-16-15 07:04 AM
    Waiting patiently .

Posted via CB10
    02-16-15 07:11 PM
    My only hope is that they also release an all touch device without the PKB contraption with the same specs and screen. I personally don't want any keyboard buttons as they will wear and/or malfunction eventually. Only way I would accept it is if I could software disable the Keyboard. They should be able to release an all touch device with all the same parts minus the PKB and a slight chassis mod and gain economies of scale too.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and mundo472 like this.
    02-16-15 10:13 PM
    I personally have never had any issues with wear on any of my many QWERTY devices.

I have read stories here of people having trackballs fall out or keys pop off, but I have never had that issue. If anything my old devices are still as strong and reliable as the day I bought them.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-17-15 07:20 AM
    My only hope is that they also release an all touch device without the PKB contraption with the same specs and screen.
    Keep in mind that any device BlackBerry releases is geared towards enterprise. They're in a unique situation in that whatever they release for enterprise spills over to the majority of carriers. They'll release an all touch if it makes sense for business.
    02-17-15 08:05 AM
    I'm really loving all the secrecy it's nice to have a proper surprise from BlackBerry. It always leaks before and everyone knows long in advance.

Come 2nd March. We will have some cool info

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    j21jam6 likes this.
    02-17-15 01:25 PM
    The leaks have usually came in the past from carriers testing the device on their networks pre-release. Considering chen said that the device to be shown at MWC is just a "concept", I'm worried the reason we havn't seen any leaks is because the device is a still a long, long way from production.
    mode_m likes this.
    02-17-15 02:45 PM
    A physical Keyboard designed and made by BlackBerry are solid. They don't just brake apart or wear out. Far from it.
    I've seen BOLD's over 3 years old still working very well no wear and tear on the keys.
    But agree I too want a Full Touch none physical keyboard for a change.

Posted by Q5
    02-17-15 04:19 PM
    Keep in mind that any device BlackBerry releases is geared towards enterprise. They're in a unique situation in that whatever they release for enterprise spills over to the majority of carriers. They'll release an all touch if it makes sense for business.
    Keep in mind that users in the enterprise want all touch just like consumers. PKB niche is shrinking quickly in both consume and Enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:14 PM
    Keep in mind that users in the enterprise want all touch just like consumers. PKB niche is shrinking quickly in both consume and Enterprise.
    If that's the case, BlackBerry would release a decent touchscreen model for its enterprise audience.
    02-17-15 05:18 PM
    A physical Keyboard designed and made by BlackBerry are solid. They don't just brake apart or wear out. Far from it.
    I've seen BOLD's over 3 years old still working very well no wear and tear on the keys.
    But agree I too want a Full Touch none physical keyboard for a change.

Posted by Q5
    Stuttering keys, missing keys, not working keys, have all happened and noted in the forum. I've had stuttering keys on a 9900 and trackpads that wouldn't work outdoors hence why I would never buy a classic. Also I have had removable battery BlackBerry devices that would reboot when. Setting them on the bed 9630, 9900 and Z10). So BlackBerry devices are far from bulletproof. Even my Z30 has the flimsy volume and power buttons.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:20 PM
    I wore off the paint on the high spots of my q10 keyboard within a year, and I wouldn't consider myself a heavy user. Had to replace the keyboard as the light bleed made the alt numbers and symbols hard to read as there appeared to be a lot of back and forward slashes! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:38 PM
    If that's the case, BlackBerry would release a decent touchscreen model for its enterprise audience.
    Here is the issue. BB10 uptake in the Enterprise and Federal space has been slow because BlackBerry was late getting BES10, and now 12 up to snuff. Likely further delayed as the for sale sign made many test alternate platforms. I have seen a rollout start basically the end of this past summer with BBOS to BB10 trade in associated with it. Everyone I see with BB10 device from this is trading in 9900 for Z10 and now Z30 has been added and I've seen those now too. So BlackBerry is likely misreading the lack up uptake as needing a Classic when the real issue was that deployments simply weren't happening. So now you have deployments happening, and nothing new in all touch for those deployments. Classic and Passport are not even being offered yet, likely because no carrier here has them yet. Will have to see if they show up as an option after the 20th, or if the federal space says these phones are cheaper and work fine. However everything I have seen shows that when given the option, the majority of end users prefer all touch to PKB.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-17-15 06:51 PM
    lnichols
    Great points. And you are correct about the late BES10 deployment. But the major issue with BES10 was the fact it did not support BBOS devices. The majority of Enterprise Customers and especially Government take years to perform a full device replacement program. Where BlackBerry went wrong was none existing BBOS support via BES10.
    Had they released BES12 at the time, BB10 would have seen 10x more sales.

And yes the For Sale Sign that caused several Million Z10 returns in a matter of months, that alone hurt BlackBerry's image. Obviously a huge mistake for Management to put the company up for sale, where it did not have to. Instead of rectifying internal management issues and screw up's they decide to dig themselves further in a hole by way of the For Sale Sign.

John Chen is on track, at least 1 full Quarter ahead of schedule. Expect One Concept Device to be shown on Mobile Congress 2015. Expect a new revised Passport to be shown. Expect a possible BB10 Smart Watch and finally a possible BB10 8" concept Tablet, geared for sometime in Q3 2015 by Foxconn.

And expect a unique announcement with regards to a major Smart Phone player that is located in China. This IMO may **** off Samsung providing the rumor is correct. And yes a Grain of Salt People.
    02-17-15 10:10 PM
    Expect One Concept Device to be shown on Mobile Congress 2015. Expect a new revised Passport to be shown. Expect a possible BB10 Smart Watch and finally a possible BB10 8" concept Tablet, geared for sometime in Q3 2015 by Foxconn.

And expect a unique announcement with regards to a major Smart Phone player that is located in China. This IMO may **** off Samsung providing the rumor is correct. And yes a Grain of Salt People.
    Those are some lofty expectations. If you've been following this company for a while, you should expect very little. Lol
    anon1727506 likes this.
    02-17-15 10:26 PM
    Those are some lofty expectations. If you've been following this company for a while, you should expect very little. Lol
    Agreed. I'd love to see all that ATI has stated, plus a high end touch, but unfortunately BlackBerry has made me pretty pessimistic about these type of events. I expect a roadmap that shows nothing coming out soon except maybe the Rio which nobody really wants, and all the dates will be vague and then as a BlackBerry follower we know that the devices won't show up till the very end of that window, or slightly after like 10.3.1. Maybe Chen will surprise us, but I simply don't think BlackBerry can pull off any grand roadmap with all the cuts.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 10:46 PM
    Maybe Chen will surprise us, but I simply don't think BlackBerry can pull off any grand roadmap with all the cuts.
    Plus they're currently in negotiations with Samsung for who knows what. That'll probably put a damper on things. Unless their announcement will involve Samsung.
    02-17-15 11:34 PM
    Plus they're currently in negotiations with Samsung for who knows what. That'll probably put a damper on things. Unless their announcement will involve Samsung.
    It would be great to see an announcement that basically states Samsung will be making the all touch devices and whatever current Galaxy device is out you will have an all touch BB10 with the same specs. Much like the Foxconn deal for low specs, Samsung can be for high end. Also same for tablets.

Posted via CB10
    georg4BB likes this.
    02-17-15 11:47 PM
    It would be great to see an announcement that basically states Samsung will be making the all touch devices and whatever current Galaxy device is out you will have an all touch BB10 with the same specs. Much like the Foxconn deal for low specs, Samsung can be for high end. Also same for tablets.

Posted via CB10
    I don't want Samsung designing my BlackBerry's with any of their flimsy materials and instant shatter screens. Fa'gettaboutit

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:53 AM
    Fa'gettaboutit

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:54 AM
    I don't want Samsung designing my BlackBerry's with any of their flimsy materials and instant shatter screens. Fa'gettaboutit

Posted via CB10
    I don't think they shatter more or less than the Z10 Or Z30. Any screen can and will shatter if it hits the wrong way. My son's SG5 seems built pretty well and so do the Note line. I wasn't thrilled with the build quality of the Z10, but the Z30, minus the volume and power buttons, is a solid device.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 02:49 AM
    Stuttering keys, missing keys, not working keys, have all happened and noted in the forum. I've had stuttering keys on a 9900 and trackpads that wouldn't work outdoors hence why I would never buy a classic. Also I have had removable battery BlackBerry devices that would reboot when. Setting them on the bed 9630, 9900 and Z10). So BlackBerry devices are far from bulletproof. Even my Z30 has the flimsy volume and power buttons.

Posted via CB10
    That's with all smart phones regardless of maker.
    But Bolds last quite long, at least 2 to 3 years. Sure some will eventually brake much sooner.
    How about my Galaxy S4's hardware is cheap, and is already starting to fade just after a few months of use. Go figure. My Q5 seems fine even after 1 year of use, though the screen is scratched. My fault. Lol

Posted by Q5
    02-18-15 06:17 AM
    I don't want Samsung designing my BlackBerry's with any of their flimsy materials and instant shatter screens.
    They've actually taken steps to improve on that poor build quality perception with metal materials in the Galaxy Alpha and Note 4.
    02-18-15 07:09 AM
139 1234 ...