04-03-15 06:42 PM
139 123 ...
tools
    I'm gnawing at my fingernails in anticipation of MWC this year. Love my sexy, white Z30, but I'm ready for a change.

I'm really curious about this Victoria device. From what I researched it has a larger screen than the Visa and comes with a 13mp Sony camera...? Is that accurate?
    I know they are just leaked rumors that may be invalid, but if its true, its a thrill to see BlackBerry listening regarding the camera.

I'm a bit lost regarding the function of a pivoting screen, but I could love the idea of a slide out keyboard. I never owned a Torch. That Sure-Press technology sort of threw me off.

I'm missing a physical keyboard. Waiting to see what's officially in the works. If they don't interest me fully, I'm going after a Passport or Classic.

...But, I have a feeling this Victoria will be stellar.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 02:22 AM
    I know they are just leaked rumors that may be invalid, but if its true, its a thrill to see BlackBerry listening regarding the camera.
    Passport has a 13MP camera as well. They listened enough to put in a good camera but they don't listen enough to optimize the OS for said camera lol. I have no issues with it but some do. *shrug*. As for Victoria, well there's still a TON of unknowns there and plenty of room for changes from whatever rumors are floating about now. Getting TOO wrapped up in rumors often leads to disappointment and anger further on down the road lol.
    01-23-15 02:28 AM
    Passport has a 13MP camera as well. They listened enough to put in a good camera but they don't listen enough to optimize the OS for said camera lol. I have no issues with it but some do. *shrug*. As for Victoria, well there's still a TON of unknowns there and plenty of room for changes from whatever rumors are floating about now. Getting TOO wrapped up in rumors often leads to disappointment and anger further on down the road lol.
    But the hope of the high end 16:9 slider keeps us checking this forum... BlackBerry is doing too good of a job keeping stuff under wraps... I remember when the "Windermere" screen only was caught on camera and got everyone talking (and scratching their heads) Its what keeps it exciting around here.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter likes this.
    01-23-15 04:58 AM
    Ahhhh....I forgot about the camera specs on the Passport. Thank you for that. I personally am not a fan of BB's cameras. Truthfully, its my only complaint about their phones. I am always caught in a focus issue no matter what setting I am utilizing. I have to take multiple pics to get one with no blur, or put it in burst mode, but then I'm stuck with all the excess pictures to fiddle with.
    My Z10 did the same thing and I always had camera trouble with my old Bolds and Curves. The least troubling camera was on the 8900. Its still one of my most favorite devices to date for other various resons.

Still trying to dig up info on the purpose of the pivoting screen. It has me intrigued the most.
    So far I am finding the Visa will sport a 5.2" screen and the Victoria a 5.5". Rumors, yes, but exciting for sure.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 and Markus Mohr like this.
    01-23-15 12:30 PM
    Interesting. The only issue with BBRY's camera is the software. They need to rectify this issue. Though 8mp, 13mp, that's good enough. A 13mp with good software is better than a 18mp with ok software.

Posted by Q5
    01-28-15 10:19 AM
    This article mentions the new phones having a Sony camera. If its software or hardware, its not specified.

http://www.meetbb10.com/hybrid-black...may-come-2015/

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:10 AM
    Never heard of the pivoting screen. Suppose to have a pivoting /flip hideaway keyboard though.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and nt300 like this.
    01-28-15 11:17 AM
    Interesting. The only issue with BBRY's camera is the software. They need to rectify this issue. Though 8mp, 13mp, that's good enough. A 13mp with good software is better than a 18mp with ok software.

Posted by Q5
    I do not find the link but BlackBerry posted several weeks ago job positions for software engineers with specialization in photos and pictures software.

Obviously I do not have any inside info on that but I am pretty sure that they are working on it.

It would be nice to read some articles on CB regarding this aspect.

Posted via CB10
    TheQuietRioter and nt300 like this.
    01-28-15 03:10 PM
    I do not find the link but BlackBerry posted several weeks ago job positions for software engineers with specialization in photos and pictures software.

Obviously I do not have any inside info on that but I am pretty sure that they are working on it.

It would be nice to read some articles on CB regarding this aspect.

Posted via CB10

Hec yeah!!!! Thanks for the information. You just made my day.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 05:19 PM
    Hoping to see the Visa/Victoria unveiled during MWC. Innovative keyboard makes me wonder what else BlackBerry has up its sleeve for this device. An upgrade to the camera software would be welcomed to increase focus speed.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    TheQuietRioter, nt300 and eldricho like this.
    01-29-15 10:42 AM
    These are impressive specs. though I think they should make the 5.2" into a 4.7" as a good Z10 replacement. If not, BBRY may lose people that want the Z10 form factor and size.

Visa: 5.2″ 1080p LCD Display (423ppi)
    Victoria: 5.5″ 1440p LCD Display (534ppi)
    ------------------------
    MSM8974 (Quad-Core) Qualcomm Krait 400
    3GB RAM
    32GB User Storage
    -------------------------------------
    Battery: Non-Removable (3450mAh, 3650mAh, 3880mAh)
    Rear Camera: 13MP Sony OIS
    arifbsantoso likes this.
    01-29-15 02:02 PM
    I don't think you're going to see a specific z10 all touch replacement. I think the high end z10 replacement is gonna be the victoria. Use it with the keyboard out like a slider, or never use the keyboard like a slab. It won't be any thicker than a slab phone with the new keyboard mechanism, it'll just have one row of keys on the bottom that you can use for shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:25 PM
    John Chen on one of the interviews hinted that they are doing something interesting with the camera and stopped short of spilling the beans - he kind of said, "give us some time we are working on it."

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:36 PM
    John Chen on one of the interviews hinted that they are doing something interesting with the camera and stopped short of spilling the beans - he kind of said, "give us some time we are working on it."

Posted via CB10
    Do you remember what interview that was?

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:59 PM
    detachable cameras with full removal (for secure areas like where I work) and since removable, maybe even upgradeable?

Then Apple will copy it any be called innovators.
    01-29-15 09:43 PM
    These are impressive specs. though I think they should make the 5.2" into a 4.7" as a good Z10 replacement. If not, BBRY may lose people that want the Z10 form factor and size.

------------------------
    3GB RAM
    32GB User Storage
    Yes I definitely agree withh making the 5.2" a 4.7". Why are there 3 different size batteries though and not 2?

Posted via My Beast Q10
    01-30-15 04:31 AM
    I personally like the bigger screens, but I also have an astigmatism.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 07:59 AM
    I miss my BlackBerry Style.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-15 08:05 AM
    I don't think you're going to see a specific z10 all touch replacement. I think the high end z10 replacement is gonna be the victoria. Use it with the keyboard out like a slider, or never use the keyboard like a slab. It won't be any thicker than a slab phone with the new keyboard mechanism, it'll just have one row of keys on the bottom that you can use for shortcuts.

Posted via CB10
    All I want is one all touch ~5" phone. Z10 is dead and Z30 is slowly selling out. We have Z10 users at work looking to upgrade and all the are offering now is Classic and Passports which are not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-30-15 10:25 AM
    All I want is one all touch ~5" phone. Z10 is dead and Z30 is slowly selling out. We have Z10 users at work looking to upgrade and all the are offering now is Classic and Passports which are not for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Same, many people I know require Z10 and Z30 replacements. Those same people used to be BOLD lovers. But ever since they went Full Touch, they refuse to go back.

I believe the Victoria and Visa full touch will do the trick and offer a nice 16x9 slab upgrade. I don't mind the 1 row of physical keys as short cuts. With a virtual keyboard popping up when the physical section is hidden away.

I understand what John Chen is doing here, let's hope he understands many current BB10 full touch owners are looking for full touch upgrades. You don't want to lose them.

Posted by Q5
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-30-15 10:50 AM

------------------------
    3GB RAM
    32GB User Storage
    I don't see any reason to say z10 owners want to stay with a smaller screen, Samsung owners have had the same S series phones as a five inch for years, and apple just "Just " realized that bigger is better. I do like the specs and the form factors look very interesting.

I'm excited for see if this device is a new flagship, I'm looking forward to replacing my Z10 with a cool five to five point five inch screen.

My fee has increased to a quarter as regards to repeat threads.

Please pray for the Toronto Maple Leafs

Z10
    01-30-15 11:48 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 11:58 PM
    Same, many people I know require Z10 and Z30 replacements. Those same people used to be BOLD lovers. But ever since they went Full Touch, they refuse to go back.

I believe the Victoria and Visa full touch will do the trick and offer a nice 16x9 slab upgrade. I don't mind the 1 row of physical keys as short cuts. With a virtual keyboard popping up when the physical section is hidden away.

I understand what John Chen is doing here, let's hope he understands many current BB10 full touch owners are looking for full touch upgrades. You don't want to lose them.

Posted by Q5
    I don't get the one row slide out thing.
    Isn't there anyway they could make a full slide out keyboard. A luxurious 9900 style of curved keyboard.
    With a nice 16x9 screen. I'd be in heaven.

Z30STA100-5 /10.3.1.2267 / T-Mobile USA
    02-13-15 12:24 AM
    You mean a 2 row slide out thing. They are just edging with unique innovations. To somehow stir up the industry.
    I a sure there will be a full keyboard sider at one point in time, but not right now. Not until BlackBerry rectifies its image.
    Doggerz and j21jam6 like this.
    02-13-15 02:35 PM
    I'm waiting for this one

Posted via CB10
    02-14-15 12:50 PM
139 123 ...