Very nice design but I hope they keep:

Trackpad
    Physical buttons. (Touch buttons blow!)

Include:
    Front cam
    Barometer
    Haptic feedback
    2000mah battery
    Last edited by ThePoisonBerry; 12-07-11 at 12:29 PM.
    xXBLACKBERRYXx5 likes this.
    12-07-11 12:16 PM
    What would Haptic feedback be used on, if there's no "Home" keys and such? Everything or? Just curious. I enjoy it too, but I've really only had it on Home, Search, Back keys.

The Article says Trackpads and typical Blackberry keys are gone, so... :/
    12-07-11 12:24 PM
    When I had my SGSII, every time you press something it gave a little vibrate--especially good when using onscreen keyboard.

Also please include:
    LED notification

I hope they get the weight distribution right on this. I can already imagine the hand cramps if it's super top heavy.
    12-07-11 12:28 PM
    I like the look of it. I hope EVERY BB 10 phone comes with all the bells and whistles.

• Front facing camers
    • NFC
    • Magnetometer
    • 4G LTE
    • Crazy hi res screens

This is their chance to finally compete with Android Superphones and this is not the time to make compromises. Go big or go home, no 'entry level' phones on BB 10.
    That's what the OS 7 phones will be in 2012.
    mithrazor and xXBLACKBERRYXx5 like this.
    12-07-11 12:41 PM
    I'm more worried about size than weight. Keyboard looks small compared to screen.

Haptics are nice on all touch screen devices (something the galaxy tab did better than the playnook) but I don't think they are neccesary for a slider.
    12-07-11 12:44 PM
    Quoted from the London article

"as well as the next version of the Torch, which is said be "very thin" with a 3.7-inch display and slide-out keyboard."

BlackBerry London: is this the first RIM phone with the BBX OS? | The Verge

Also, RIM has stated that PB video chat would be included in QNX based phones. Just don't think you can see it or they didn't include in this mock up photo.
    12-07-11 01:01 PM
    I like the lack of a trackpad but they should just use the great Bold 9900 keyboard on it to save money. Most of all they should release it first quarter 2012!
    12-07-11 01:14 PM
    I think 3.7in is perfect. No need for 4.3 pocket-rippers on a slider. I think London is probably 4.3!
    CosmicHeretic likes this.
    12-07-11 01:17 PM
    When I had my SGSII, every time you press something it gave a little vibrate--especially good when using onscreen keyboard.

Also please include:
    LED notification

I hope they get the weight distribution right on this. I can already imagine the hand cramps if it's super top heavy.
    Distribution should be fine, the extended portion of the screen is less than half its length and the heavier portion of the phone is most likely going to with the battery.
    12-07-11 01:19 PM
    This phone is pure sex. very excited for BB10 devices now more than ever and this is just based off the looks. If RIM can show a innovative OS for these handhelds then they are back, no doubt. would love to hear more specs on this phone and the size of the screen. hope its bigger than 3.7". would love it to be 4"
    12-07-11 01:28 PM
    i wouldn't mind a 4" screen myself .. means a big nice keyboard like the 9900 but all the screen i could use as for all the other features i agree
    12-07-11 01:40 PM
    This phone is pure sex. very excited for BB10 devices now more than ever and this is just based off the looks. If RIM can show a innovative OS for these handhelds then they are back, no doubt. would love to hear more specs on this phone and the size of the screen. hope its bigger than 3.7". would love it to be 4"
    The 9800 and 9810 is 3.2" and I know 3.7" doesn't sound like a big leap in size but it is actually is. And that is just the screen that's not counting the bezel for the QNX gestures.

But having said that 4" display would be interesting to see. Especially cause how thin this this phone looks now.
    12-07-11 01:48 PM
    The 9800 and 9810 is 3.2" and I know 3.7" doesn't sound like a big leap in size but it is actually is. And that is just the screen that's not counting the bezel for the QNX gestures.

But having said that 4" display would be interesting to see. Especially cause how thin this this phone looks now.
    oh no doubt, thats why i had to pass on the Torchs....the screen size alone took it out the running as its too small for my tastes. in reality, i would love a 4" screen but a 3.7" will still be nice cause if they put a 720p screen on this bad boy, my god will this have he highest pixel density of any smartphone out there. im just so excited. just need to see the actual OS now
    12-07-11 03:41 PM
    I hope it's atleast 4in. 4in sounds like the perfect size.

I want this phone so bad. Can't wait til CES.
    12-08-11 02:27 AM
    It's like a London but with a sliding keyboard
    12-17-11 05:28 PM
    This design would work even without a slider me-thinks.
    12-23-11 04:54 PM
    I will get this phone when it comes out fo sho
    12-26-11 03:23 PM
    I'm anxious to see how this will compare with the design of the 9800/9810......I for the most part love that design the best. Have been with RIM for over 10 years and that phone is just one that hit almost every mark for me (along with the original bold 9000)
    12-31-11 05:36 PM
    I'm very anxious to see this phone. I love my 9810, and would love to have an even better one.
    04-01-12 10:57 AM
    I would love one of these but I had to give up waiting and upgraded from a 9700 to a 9900. I have no interest in a BB10 without a keyboard and I suspect the keyboard version is still a decent ways off.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 05:46 PM
    I may hold off my upgrade for this if it's half decent, not a fan of the Torch (my father has one) but if it has a bigger screen as I read it said 4.2" and a slide keyboard, that's a win for me otherwise I'll just jump to the 9900 or newer version of the 9900 later on.
    04-09-12 10:10 AM
    Like the overall design. Always loved the look of the torch 9800, 9810. Just hope they bring this to all carriers. I do hope the screen is no larger than 4 in. I'm not on the tablet sized smartphone bandwagon. Besides that what my playbook is for.
    04-09-12 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD