According to the only blurbs I can find about CES, there is no LTE BB phone to be announced for Verizon. Verizon and Verizon rumors have been saying they will announce 4 new phones during CES. It does NOT appear to include Blackberry.

"The carrier is expected to announce new devices from Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and LG"
    Verizon expected to announce 4G smartphones, tablet this week

I love these last minute rantings about what RIM will do at CES - but, I would like to hear more positive rumors!
    01-03-11 08:53 AM
    I read: at least one 4G phone

And new devices from ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 09:10 AM
    According to the only blurbs I can find about CES, there is no LTE BB phone to be announced for Verizon. Verizon and Verizon rumors have been saying they will announce 4 new phones during CES. It does NOT appear to include Blackberry.

"The carrier is expected to announce new devices from Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and LG"

I love these last minute rantings about what RIM will do at CES - but, I would like to hear more positive rumors!

There just HAS to be a new VZW BB announced. Maybe the announcement is bigger than we think? Gheeze ... I hope they are not abandoning RIM, because a BB on ATT is as useless as a bucket under a bull.

Come On S3!
    01-03-11 12:11 PM
    there does not have to be anything announced. we have seen no concrete evidence of a RIM phone being ready to announce for VZW LTE yet. We all want someone to be announce but most reports indicate not much of a chance
    01-03-11 12:23 PM
    Has RIM ever announced a product at CES?
    01-03-11 12:45 PM
    I am not aware of any phone by RIM being announced at CES. Most of the phones RIM has ever announced or released have been in the fall. 9000, 9700, Storm 1 & 2
    01-03-11 03:17 PM
    come on RIM STOP waiting for fall to announce phones change it up and suprise us with early news!!!!!
    01-03-11 04:42 PM
    come on RIM STOP waiting for fall to announce phones change it up and suprise us with early news!!!!!
    Early news? They are late. If they were coming out with a new storm it should have came out this fall. I feel bad for RIM. Android is eating their lunch.
    01-03-11 05:12 PM
    and it gets worse...

4G BlackBerry delayed? -- Ubergizmo

Edit: Contract is up in July and it looks like I will take my talents to android land, goodbye storm 2....
    01-03-11 05:43 PM
    The CDMA Torch for Sprint sounds like its going to happen. Wont be 4G and still wont work for VZW though. RIM and VZW are on not on best terms i guess which is no surprise really either.
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-03-11 at 08:18 PM.
    01-03-11 06:41 PM
    I agree with this thread. There have been rumors of a Sprint and Verizon Torch or Torch like device being announced at CES. It is not going to happen. With absolutely no evidence, no spy shots, no inventory lists nothing. Major FAIL for RIM and US CDMA carriers. The only thing keeping AT&T afloat is devices.
    01-03-11 07:09 PM
    Why would RIM need to announce a 4G BlackBerry? According to the RIM braintrust, they're killing with 2G devices. 4G is just a passing fad.

01-03-11 07:38 PM
    Has RIM ever announced a product at CES?
    I think this is the more important question really....

Doing some searching, I found the following...

RIM @ CES 2010 = Showing off lots of apps, a couple current devices (with new colors [Bold 9000 white]) and some accessories...

RIM @ CES 2009 = Showing off lots of apps, a couple current devices and some accessories...

RIM @ CES 2008 = Showing off lots of apps, a couple current devices (with new colors [Curve 8130]) and some accessories...

So.... for the past 3 years (and possibly more) RIM has not announced devices at CES, usually the devices have launched before hand around Oct/Nov/Dec and are then shown off at CES. If that's the case, does that mean that this CES is just going to be the BB Torch being shown off?? I most definitely hope not.... I personally think it's time they break the habit...
    Last edited by BerryGuy25; 01-03-11 at 07:55 PM.
    01-03-11 07:52 PM
    Why would RIM need to announce a 4G BlackBerry? According to the RIM braintrust, they're killing with 2G devices. 4G is just a passing fad.
    LMAO, but according to RIM's braintrust, you may not be far off the mark!
    01-03-11 09:20 PM
    The first 4G phone for verizon will probably be the LG star sometime in late feb. With the rumors about the january verizon iphone which may or may not happen I would be surprised to hear about anything Rim on big red at CES.
    01-03-11 09:27 PM
    no, first VZW 4G phone is the incredible HD/thunderbolt actually
    01-03-11 09:54 PM
    rimm likes to be the underdog. it likes to come from behind.
    01-04-11 10:32 AM
    01-07-11 03:20 PM
    Isn't that for the iPhone?

01-07-11 03:32 PM
    Isn't that for the iPhone?

Nobody knows, and when was the last time Steve Jobs had someone else or a different company announce an new Apple product?

01-07-11 04:19 PM
    Nobody knows, and when was the last time Steve Jobs had someone else or a different company announce an new Apple product?

steve might be the guest speaker lol.

I dont know what its for but if apple did schedule a press event it would be the worst kept secret so i guess this could be a way to kinda keep it a surprise
    01-07-11 04:34 PM
    Assuming they aren't going to be altering the basic look of the current iphone then Apple might be happy enough to let somebody else announce a product that is going to be out of date as far as looks once the next one comes out in a few months time early in the summer.
    01-08-11 05:08 AM
    I'm fed up with VZW. In reality, these major cell phone providers keep customers locked in with "new" products or the older models "free" with 2 yr contracts.

Just an example - Verizon Jest $69.99 at super store retailer includes $10 of airtime. Same phone under contract "free", but if you leave early $250!!!

Now, I purchased a BB at full retail to go with Virgin Mobile's Beyond Talk plan. $35 a month gives me unlimited data and text with 300 talk minutes all all the BB essentials. It's more than enough for me. I could upgrade for more minutes if I needed too. $60 gives you unlimited everything, the same deal with Sprint, $80 -- and they run on the same network. Someone who does not have $150 - $250 up front for the phone would choose Sprint for the reduced phone cost, but you pay either way.

Straight Talk is the best deal around for non-smart phone users, period. Followed by Cricket. Just my opinion.

If it were up to me, I'd ditch our Verizon Family plan. But my dear hubby has to have his Droid, the original. And we pay out the nose for it. I have a basic phone on our family plan, it cost less for me to have the Virgin Mobile for Smart phone needs than to get one through Verizon!

Now if VZW came out with a better BB... I'd switch. But only because I don't see the bill every month.
    01-08-11 08:40 PM
    @Electra375 -Not sure what your post has to do with topic, but...I don't blame Verizon for charging a high fee to leave early - these smartphones are expensive, why should customer get a promotional discounted price and then be allowed to leave and stiff them for the amount of the phone? Customer's trying to cheat them is what caused the big early out fees. Sure, Cricket and some of the others are cheaper, but look at their coverage - you get what you pay for and unless you live and stay in a bigger city, you won't have coverage.
    01-08-11 09:05 PM
    I hope to hear about this phone this spring and I hope for a July 1st release date.
    01-13-11 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD