Boy Genius Report already told us that, the upcoming line of BB's would use a Single Core 1,2 Ghz CPU

So we already knew this right?

From the UAprof documents that surfaced online we knew it would be Qualcomm chips.

And now we know it will be a Snapdragon MSM8655!

I was browsing the inter webs for more info to affirm my thoughts and now we have it. In A Qualcomm product brief about the newer generation Single core Snapdragon it says it supports Blackberry (they would only write that if they didn't build or start to build Blackberry right?)

Everyone who says blackberry is behind in technology is ignorant, The HP palm Pre 3 is shipping with exactly the same CPU. AND HTC is still launching high end phones with these kind of single core CPU's.

These will be Kick-*** blackberry's!

Oh and did i mention it will use LPDDR2 which is the same memory implemented in the new NvidiaTegra2 And Omap 4 platforms!!!

Here's the Qualcomm document:
    Qualcomm Document Center - Snapdragon MSM8x55 / APQ8055 Product Brief

Here is one of the UAprof documents stating "Qualcomm":
    http://www.blackberry.net/go/mobile/...9850/6.1.0.rdf

And Another UAprof document:
    http://www.blackberry.net/go/mobile/...9810/6.1.0.rdf
    Last edited by Dodger52; 03-21-11 at 05:08 PM.
    grover5 and Gucci33 like this.
    03-21-11 01:57 PM
    yes . .and it will probably be released next spring when the next generation of mobile processors are being released in other devices. This whole playbook BS has started to challenge my faith/patience in RIM
    03-21-11 08:43 PM
    Rim is behind because they are not currently selling a device with any of these specs. As the previous poster explained, by the time rim uses these processors, the other manufacturers will have moved on to the next generation of tech.

It's hard to play catch up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-11 11:43 PM
    A couple things.

We knew that some new bbs are going to have this chip since January. If its this chip for all devices then they are overclocking it since its the same as the one in my thunderbolt.

If they are going to actually be 1.2 ghz then it will be the MSM8660 probably.
    Last edited by howarmat; 03-22-11 at 12:11 AM.
    03-22-11 12:08 AM
    A couple things.

We knew that some new bbs are going to have this chip since January. If its this chip for all devices then they are overclocking it since its the same as the one in my thunderbolt.

No it's not going to be a MSM8660, because that's a dual core chip, and the spec-sheet doesn't say it supports blackberry.

Who Cares if isn't dual core or even quad core, as long as it's fast, and a 1,2 GHz processor coupled to LPDDR2 is going to be fast.

And Running a Dualcore with OS6 would be totally unnecessary.
    03-22-11 03:58 AM

Or maybe for once it is somebody else besides rim who has gone for a cheaper option or a lower clocked option to eke out a bit more battery life rather than the highly unlikely idea that a company would choose to ship a pre-overlcoked processor.
    03-22-11 09:13 AM
    running a dual core chip for OS 6.1 would be unneeded i agree, but that would make them available to run a QNX based OS. Which is what alot of people want. They dont want these devices to be DOA in 5 months when QNX OS comes out.

i got my info straight from spec sheets on the roadmap and pdadb, you can both see for yourself what they have listed for the upcoming blackberries
    2ys4u and Gucci33 like this.
    03-22-11 09:45 AM
    running a dual core chip for OS 6.1 would be unneeded i agree, but that would make them available to run a QNX based OS. Which is what alot of people want. They dont want these devices to be DOA in 5 months when QNX OS comes out.

i got my info straight from spec sheets on the roadmap and pdadb, you can both see for yourself what they have listed for the upcoming blackberries
    I've seen the road-map and the specs of upcoming machines, (as i've said in my first post.)

But the Qualcomm MSM8660 Series is a DUAL CORE CPU!
    http://www.qualcomm.com/documents/fi...duct-brief.pdf
    And there isn't any mentioning of a dual core on the spec-sheet, And Mike Lazardis has specifically said that dual Core CPU's aren't coming in 2011.
    Dual-Core BlackBerry Phone Not Coming For Awhile [RIM CEO Says That Dual-Core Processors In Phones Isn't Ready Yet, But They See It As Perfect For Tablets]

PDADB has been wrong on 2 occasions before regarding RAM-memory on the BOLD and the wrong CPU in the 9800.

So there probably wrong about this.

Although it would be super awesome if they were Dual-Core i wouldn't mind that at all, that being said,
    the single core configuration is going to be more than sufficient and give you a really fast blackberry experience.
    03-22-11 10:19 AM
    I don't think RIM exactly denied working on dual-core smart phones, just that the current generation processors (at the time) were not good enough. I'm pretty sure than since then there has been new processord announced/launched.
    2ys4u likes this.
    03-22-11 12:50 PM
    Who knows maybe that's why the release is taking so long, maybe they decided to move to dual core. Obviously we should keep expectations as humanely low as possible but wouldn't that be a nice little dream. Too bad the odds are ten trillion to 1.
    03-22-11 01:30 PM
    What i'm hoping for is that the QNX phones coming out will have "ultra ber specs", just like the playbook. Something that is on par with the highest top end in the market. That RIM has chosen A Snapdragon chip set running high clock-frequency and Using the "new" LPDDR2 i think shows that they got the message
    2ys4u likes this.
    03-22-11 03:40 PM
    Boy Genius Report already told us that, the upcoming line of BB's would use a Single Core 1,2 Ghz CPU

So we already knew this right?

From the UAprof documents that surfaced online we knew it would be Qualcomm chips.

And now we know it will be a Snapdragon MSM8655!

I was browsing the inter webs for more info to affirm my thoughts and now we have it. In A Qualcomm product brief about the newer generation Single core Snapdragon it says it supports Blackberry (they would only write that if they didn't build or start to build Blackberry right?)

Everyone who says blackberry is behind in technology is ignorant, The HP palm Pre 3 is shipping with exactly the same CPU. AND HTC is still launching high end phones with these kind of single core CPU's.

These will be Kick-*** blackberry's!

Oh and did i mention it will use LPDDR2 which is the same memory implemented in the new NvidiaTegra2 And Omap 4 platforms!!!

Here's the Qualcomm document:
    Qualcomm Document Center - Snapdragon MSM8x55 / APQ8055 Product Brief

Here is one of the UAprof documents stating "Qualcomm":
    http://www.blackberry.net/go/mobile/...9850/6.1.0.rdf

And Another UAprof document:
    http://www.blackberry.net/go/mobile/...9810/6.1.0.rdf
    This whole post is ignorant !!!! The Storm had state of the art hardware that wasn't even used to its full ability so spare us the B.S. Top-end hardware means jack if the software doesn't make use of it. and we know BB OS as it is now stinks in terms of performance.
    03-29-11 02:41 PM
    This whole post is ignorant !!!! The Storm had state of the art hardware that wasn't even used to its full ability so spare us the B.S. Top-end hardware means jack if the software doesn't make use of it. and we know BB OS as it is now stinks in terms of performance.
    OS 6 runs great on my 9700. I guess I didn't get your memo.
    Gucci33 likes this.
    03-29-11 02:52 PM
    That's exactly what they're adressing with OS 6.1.
    03-29-11 03:57 PM
    I just believe the msm8660 which is listed for Bold n Monaco Touch are dual core. Theres no 1.2 single core listed for Qualcomm that anyone has listed. Probably to make the transition from 6.1 to OS7 compatible. The msm8655 is for the Curve Touch n less ' premier' phones. This is gonna be nice!
    04-06-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD