I'm on Sprint, so I had pretty much decided to wait to see what was being released down the line before replacing my Tour. I don't know as much about all of these rumored devices as many of you and had really only been checking up from time to time on the slider or the clamshell. I don't know if I'd like either until I'd be able to play with one, but I thought I'd keep my options open.

I wasn't ready to swap my Tour out for the 9650 because Wi-Fi, while nice, wasn't a big deal to me. I'd like a trackpad, but I wasn't about to waste my upgrade simply for that. Now, though, hearing about the memory bump, all three of those things really have me considering it now.

With the background out of the way, I was wondering if, given my circumstances, anyone would expect this slider or clamshell to be out in less than 9 or 10 months. If so, I'd probably hold out. If not, I'd go ahead and use my upgrade. I've seen the individual threads on projected release dates but started this one because I was more interested in both devices and your opinions. I've seen a wide variety of guesses on when they're going to be released and even on whether or not either would be CDMA or not.

Before it was a no brainer because the the 9650 was essentially the same phone, but the memory upgrade is really nice, I think. So, I'd appreciate the input.
    Last edited by hornakapopolis; 04-28-10 at 08:15 AM.
    04-28-10 08:07 AM
    I realize I was a bit all over the place with my point trying to explain where I was coming from.

Basically, keeping in mind the above and not wanting to "waste" an upgrade, time-wise is it worth holding out to see what this clamshell or slider might be like before getting a 9650.

For those of you that have been around BBs a little longer, does the information leaking out now make you think either of these devices is anywhere near being released? Six months? Nine months? A year?
    04-29-10 07:06 PM
    at WES, they said OS6 will be out this year (most likely Q3) and it will be out for their new phones coming out then, the slider and clamshell (most likely). Rumor is older phones like the 9700, 9650, 9100, and 9550 will also get it.
    05-01-10 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD