04-23-15 05:45 AM
69 123
tools
    It'll be all-touchscreen, then you slide it out, and it's another touch screen! lol

Or, it'll be a keyboard, then you slide it out, and it's another keyboard! ;-)
    Im sold!
    03-11-15 12:29 AM
    It'll be all-touchscreen, then you slide it out, and it's another touch screen! lol

Hahahaha!!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    03-11-15 02:33 AM
    Any dates for the new slider? My Z10 is already on extra time and I'm looking at the passport, but this slider is a great alternative too.
    RadioRaiders likes this.
    03-11-15 03:31 PM
    I'm really hoping for some information regarding this slider, soon. I'm using a Lumia 920 for 2+ years now and don't see the WP platform gaining momentum and am sick of waiting... but cant stand iOS or Android. I loved my Playbook, so I've been starting to look at the Passport.... but this slider, now has me wondering
    03-11-15 03:59 PM

Yo dawg!

We heard you like to type while you type, so we put a keyboard on your keyboard!!

Nice son!!!

Posted via CB10
    coaltowking and RadioRaiders like this.
    03-11-15 07:54 PM
    A slider that has the keyboard "slide off" would be pretty innovative and interesting.

Even more interesting... the "slide off" keyboard could be a Bluetooth keyboard!

Posted via CB10
    That kind of reminds me of those keyboard cases you can buy for all-touch phones (I know they make them for Galaxy). I've never used one but my understanding from reviews and people who have used them is they're crap. But the idea of a quality PKB case made by BlackBerry for their all-touch devices intrigues me. If they chose to release the Z50 or whatever the new all touch would've been, and a keyboard case for it, I may have given it a try.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:05 PM
    Why BlackBerry is even revisiting the slider is beyond me. The 43 people on CrackBerry who loved them do not out weigh the thousands of users that despised the devices. Sliders were the beginning of the demise of RIM. I had 10 of them in the office and each one was a nightmare.
    Many of my users want a full touch. I may allow them to use other devices in the future if BlackBerry neglects this segment.
    The simple fact of the matter is that a normal full touch will not stand out from the vast crowd of android flagships so BB have to try and produce things like the passport and this slider to get any attention and to stand any chance of getting people to change from ios/android.

People use terms like many or lots of when talking about existing bb10 users wanting to upgrade, but unfortunately even if many or lots were actually true, that is still a subset of an amount that is too small to make a standard high-end model viable.
    03-19-15 09:09 AM
    What would be the purpose of a slider without a keyboard?
    Hey! Try not to point out the obvious! : )

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-19-15 09:16 AM
    Hey! Try not to point out the obvious! : )

I don't understand how people are continuing to fail to grasp that a slider without a slider is just a full touch. I feel like I made it fairly clear in the original post.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-19-15 10:00 AM
    Well if the Passport can make a profit so could a high end all touch. The mistake that BlackBerry makes is in assuming that Enterprise users are different than the marketplace as a whole.

What BlackBerry should do is let Foxconn design, make all their VKB BlackBerry 10 phones. Foxconn already makes a higher end all touch for their in house brand.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 03-19-15 at 11:30 AM.
    03-19-15 11:02 AM
    I don't understand how people are continuing to fail to grasp that a slider without a slider is just a full touch. I feel like I made it fairly clear in the original post.

Posted via CB10
    And I continue to fail to grasp just what the hell is sliding.
    03-19-15 07:43 PM
    And I continue to fail to grasp just what the hell is sliding.
    Does this help at all?

03-19-15 07:54 PM
    I think he's talking form factor rather than slide function. I.e. One that slides and one which doesn't, an all touch device with the same shape and probably thinner.

Red Passport SQW100-1 - 10.3.1.2576
    03-20-15 05:47 PM
    I think he's talking form factor rather than slide function. I.e. One that slides and one which doesn't, an all touch device with the same shape and probably thinner.

100%, exactly, right on the nose, bullseye, hole in one, a million points

Posted via CB10
    raxamillion likes this.
    03-20-15 09:51 PM
    A curved glass display slider and it's fraternal twin without slider would be a nice line up.

From what I understand bb wants to do 4 devices and one of those highly innovated.

1. Leap
    2. Slider
    3. ?
    4. ?

It would be nice to see passport 2 and your idea of a similar looking device to the slider just without the PKB. Where does victoria and visa fit it? Are they two devices or just one? Maybe the slider is one of these. Also where does the Porsche design fit it? Doesn't seem to be enough room for all our dreams to fit and bb's agenda.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 06:45 AM
    I had no issues with the thickness of a 9810 phone. I would run in naked with a leather or soft pouch though.

Posted from a Z30. Get one!
    03-23-15 02:50 PM
    A curved glass display slider and it's fraternal twin without slider would be a nice line up.

From what I understand bb wants to do 4 devices and one of those highly innovated.

1. Leap
    2. Slider
    3. ?
    4. ?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's correct, BlackBerry have Planned 4 devices,

The first is the Leap, the second will be a combo release (1 month apart) This will be the "Slider" & "P'9984"

Later in the year there should be a "Qwerty Device" This could be absolutely anything. A Q5 upgrade a Q10 upgrade or a Passport 2

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    lsf222 likes this.
    03-24-15 10:34 AM
    It wouldn't. I think he's saying like the Torch, where 9800/9810 were sliders while 9850/9860 were full touch.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly! Bring it!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 05:46 AM
    It wouldn't. I think he's saying like the Torch, where 9800/9810 were sliders while 9850/9860 were full touch.

Posted via CB10
    Bear in mind that the Torch was a moderate success, but the 9850/60 was an unmitigated failure.

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    03-31-15 02:16 PM
    Bear in mind that the Torch was a moderate success, but the 9850/60 was an unmitigated failure.

I'll take a moderate success at this point in time.

03-31-15 04:22 PM

That is because it was never set up for success. Among other things it wasn't carried many places (in the US at least), and it was trying to look like an iPhone with the same bbos everyone had come to realize was very lacking compared to other os's of the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 06:54 AM
    It was actually one of the best . Very solid. "Liquid graphics" made it look great. Good screen. Nice subtle ergonomics (with tapered ends, mimicked by the z10). Really enjoyed mine until the one of the buttons stopped working.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-15 05:01 PM
    Yes that's correct, BlackBerry have Planned 4 devices,

The first is the Leap, the second will be a combo release (1 month apart) This will be the "Slider" & "P'9984"

Later in the year there should be a "Qwerty Device" This could be absolutely anything. A Q5 upgrade a Q10 upgrade or a Passport 2

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    I'm ready for a phone upgrade soon, and would really like to get the new BB slider (Victoria?) in the next 2-3 months. The Leap is out already, so the Porsche and slider are next? Where did you hear this from? At MWC BlackBerry only said "this year", but I haven't heard any official (or unofficial) date on the slider.
    04-05-15 06:40 AM
    I'm ready for a phone upgrade soon, and would really like to get the new BB slider (Victoria?) in the next 2-3 months. The Leap is out already, so the Porsche and slider are next? Where did you hear this from? At MWC BlackBerry only said "this year", but I haven't heard any official (or unofficial) date on the slider.
    Have a look at 2014....

Middle - Blackberry Launched the Z3
    Middle End - Blackbery Launched P'9983 & Passport
    End Of Year - Blackberry Lanuched Classic

my prediction for 2015...

Early Middle - Blackberry Launches the Leap
    Middle End - Blackberry Launches P'9984 & Slider
    End Of Year - Blackberry "qwerty Device"

Its basically just a pattern i have picked up. I may be completely wrong.
    RadioRaiders likes this.
    04-05-15 09:58 AM
    I don't think the slider is the rumored "Victoria", which had a Passport-style keyboard that pivoted out the bottom. This was actually a simpler design that would have easily allowed a sister full-touch device to be released simultaneously.

There's still that last model that we've had no details on yet. Who knows?

04-05-15 06:49 PM
69 123