I am new to blackberry. and i was wonderin what new blackberry devices other than the storm 2 are coming to verizon? And when is their release date?
    09-07-09 01:25 PM
    We know you are new. Search instead of post.
    09-07-09 03:25 PM
    Great advice. I've seen half a dozen posts like this from you in the last 2 days.
    Maybe you could give them some tips on searching effectively, rather than just venting about your pet peeve.

That would be far more helpful than just saying "Do a search".

I understand duplicate threads are annoying and give us more crap to sort through while looking for something good.

If you really want to make a dent in this issue, start a help thread on searches for noobys. Everytime I find someone who needs the help, I'll send them to you. Eventually they will help others.
    Long term benefit: better site for all of us.

Posting "Do a search" won't change anything, except create more grumpy, unhappy members, which lowers the enjoyment level of the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-09 05:07 PM
    And what's interesting is that doing a search leads me to a thread telling me to do a search.
    09-08-09 05:31 PM
    And what's interesting is that doing a search leads me to a thread telling me to do a search.
    Ya gotta love irony.

09-08-09 06:07 PM
    I am new to blackberry. and i was wonderin what new blackberry devices other than the storm 2 are coming to verizon? And when is their release date?
    The device you are asking about is known by the codename ESSEX. Search 'Essex', and you will find it.

09-08-09 06:25 PM
    There are only two BBs coming to Verizon (any Google search would show them ). There is the Storm 2 and the Tour just came out.
    09-08-09 07:52 PM
    as for Verizon, the only other Blackberry coming out this year is the storm 2.

next year will be Tour 2, as known as the Essex. The Essex will be like the Tour, but have wifi and have a trackpad instead of a trackball.

Rims trying to get of the trackballs on all there phones and replace them with trackpads on the newer Blackberrys.
    09-08-09 09:09 PM
    ... who has never been new to anything,perhaps this site could do better with a "welcome to CB ,etc. Or better yet - u

09-09-09 11:49 AM
    Yes there is a your rumored to be coming out that has wifi I forget what's its called I think essex could be wrong but

Its definitly going to be a good phone and one that is much needed for cdma ppl cuz of the wifi

09-09-09 12:17 PM
    All I have to say is by God!!! ...If Sprint brings a new Tour WITH wifi after all the effort the in-store salesmen spent selling first Tour, I might just hurt somebody. Personally I think it's rediculous to market a product knowing ****** well that its going to be replaced in less than 6 months.

Equip protection plan: Check
    Tour meets Pavement: Check
    Tell sprint they're giving me real Tour or ESSEX, my road is Essex - weird: Check

Anyone gives me any problems, I'm slappin them in the face.

Don't get me wrong, I understand that both Sprint and RIM need profit so they can continue the development of our beloved BB products, but really this is not cool.

And perhaps the Tour was released without Wifi b/c they couldn't get all the kinks worked out prior to release, well maybe they could have added the hardware and done an OTA update when they figured it out.

AHHH, I'm steaming irritated!!!! This is why I continue to buy new devices, everyone develops but leaves sufficient room to make their device obsolete at the very moment they decide.
    09-09-09 10:48 PM
    True indeed... but as long as all of us have a crackberry addiction RIM (the dealer) will continue to sling out new models although with incremental upgrades but never the less new models. Love it or hate it RIM is a business a very profitable one at that, and their goal is profit, simple as that.
    09-10-09 07:49 AM
    Thank you for telling me how to find out about the Tour having wi-fi. I am also a "newbie" trying to search. How the heck are we supposed to guess Essex? And you get irratated with us? Good god, and I am thinking of switching from my Samsung SCH-i760.....the one I have now dies everything the Tour does, just slower, but I have wi[fi. Unfortunately, my phone is 2 years old, and I am worried it might crash. I need to know what to get next as it is antique now. Samsung has nothing I like out now, and I think I am really going to miss the touch screen.
    09-10-09 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD