Sorry if this bringing up old discussions but will verizon really release another tour but with wif?? seems like this would not happen especially so close to the original release of the tour 9630.
    08-24-09 05:34 PM
    It would be great to have reliable info with a release date....
    08-24-09 05:41 PM
    Stupid I know...
    08-25-09 12:19 AM
    Probably not soon enough, if they launched the 9650 in the next 3 months they will have a lot of 9630s in their warehouses
    08-25-09 12:31 AM
    Agreed, I didn't jump on the tour band wagon because I refuse to buy another BB without wifi and knew the Storm2 and Tour2 (for lack of a better name) were on the way. I agree with other posters that if they do re-release the tour with wifi they will have a lot of disappointed, mad tour owners on their hands. It makes no sense to me to release the original tour at all if one with wifi was in the works. It seems like RIM is only after profits and not thinking about their customers.

forkup
    08-25-09 08:16 AM
    Well in regards to that, it wasnt RIM that decided the tour didnt want WiFi on the Tour, that was Verizon. They blocked WiFi and GPS on all devices at one point and it seems that they have come around.
    08-25-09 08:42 AM
    Well in regards to that, it wasnt RIM that decided the tour didnt want WiFi on the Tour, that was Verizon. They blocked WiFi and GPS on all devices at one point and it seems that they have come around.

Verizon doesn't dedicate what has WiFI and doesn't. Blackberry phones with CDMA didn't come with Wifi....bottom line. That is until recently and is why next year all Blackberry phones (GSM & CDMA) will have WiFi. I would suggest everyone reading your post to search on this topic and the GPS topic to get a better feel for the technology. There are plenty of experts on these topics here on CB who have written up on the subjects.

Oh before someone thinks I'm flaming you, that is not the case. Just asking you to do some research.
    08-25-09 08:53 AM
    oh, I always thought that the carriers had some sort of input on the devices they wanted. Thanks for the info.
    08-25-09 08:55 AM
    There is a 3 page post on the 9650 on this same page. AFAIK, Sprint is getting the 9650 before the end of the year (Nov or Dec), I havent heard anything about verizon....
    08-25-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD