I can't wrap my head around this one. I understand the concept, sure, but it just sounds strange and un-BB like. A Storm form with slide-out QWERTY I can see easier than a Bold form with a fixed keypad and a touchscreen. Anyone else with me on this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 12:38 AM
    I am definitely with you. In my opinion it would seem better to have a Storm like device with a slide out QWERTY keyboard. It's what I'd prefer anyway.
    01-21-10 12:54 AM
    I also wonder about RIM's SureClick; it would feel a bit weird with a QWERTY pad, especially in a Bold form factor.

01-21-10 02:45 AM
    I hear what you are saying, but I personally hate slide out keyboards. I love the idea of taking the bold and adding a touch screen to it. To me, that is the PERFECT phone.
    01-21-10 08:23 AM
    Adding a touch screen to the bold will make browsing much easier
    01-21-10 09:28 AM
    As much as I want to hear as much info on this badboy, can we stop making new threads for the same topic? I think there are already 3 or 4 threads talking about a QWERTY/touchscreen combo. Thanks.
    01-21-10 01:26 PM
    I wasn't trying to beat the subject to death, just expressing how it would seem strange especially on a Bold form factor. How useful would touchscreen be on such a small screen? I can't see using the touch feature that much.

01-21-10 09:11 PM
    It would be superb for logmein too.

I will never go to the storm with just touchscreen, I find them too gimmicky.
    Now touchscreen with slide-out keyboard.... Now you're talking
    02-10-10 03:57 PM
    I hear what you are saying, but I personally hate slide out keyboards. I love the idea of taking the bold and adding a touch screen to it. To me, that is the PERFECT phone.

a touch screen with qwerty and the look of a bold 9000 and that would definantly be the best BB ever.
    02-11-10 01:31 AM
    I'd prefer the slide-out keyboard...It's called a HTC Touch Pro. Lol
    02-11-10 01:35 AM
    a touch screen with qwerty and the look of a bold 9000 and that would definantly be the best BB ever.
    That's the idea behind the Dakota.
    02-12-10 07:11 PM
    I also don't get this. To me with a trackpad you don't have to remove your hands from the keyboard to maneuver your cursor. But with a touch screen you would constantly have to move your hands away from the keyboard for navigation. So it does not seem ergonomic. Also on a bold the screen is too small to really make touch screen browsing worth it. As it is the storm screen is just there, size wise.

This dakota concept has always eluded me.

02-13-10 08:00 AM
    a like-droid device with a trackpad instead of the q pad droid have
    02-14-10 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD