12-10-10 11:24 AM
47 12
tools
    not that i'm looking for this (but I know people are) - I got a Reuters.com newsfeeds saying that they anticipate apple stock shooting up with the release of the iphone/ipad on vzn network due june/july

Verizon to sell Apple iPhone from early 2011: report | Reuters

Verizon to sell Apple's iPad | Reuters

UPDATE 1-Verizon to sell Apple iPhone from early 2011-WSJ | Reuters

there are more, but you get the idea.. anyway.. take it for what its worth..
    10-19-10 12:32 PM
    What new BB has VZ released recently? None. The Tour was how long ago? The 9650 is a Tour refresh. I really hope something drops at VZ for the BB addicts. I always thought the next gen Storm would be a slider... maybe VZ releases some sort of Torch/Storm for Xmas.
    Yep I like the Torch form factor. But with a little higher resolution and with no lag. I would be all over it. I was considering going to att to get torch but decided against it due to the att coverage in our area
    10-19-10 01:34 PM
    10-19-10 02:01 PM
    RIM was stupid. Had they had a decent S2 follow on they should have pre-announ ced. People may have waited. If the specs were good enough, I would have. Now I'm in the DroidX camp with no interest in looking back at a Blackberry.
    11-06-10 08:44 PM
    Yep I like the Torch form factor. But with a little higher resolution and with no lag. I would be all over it. I was considering going to att to get torch but decided against it due to the att coverage in our area
    Ditto on att coverage...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 10:17 PM
    I spoke to a Verizon Rep today and she told me a bb should drop in a few weeks with OS 6
    11-10-10 06:28 PM
    I spoke to a Verizon Rep today and she told me a bb should drop in a few weeks with OS 6
    Yeah the 9330 and 9650.
    11-10-10 06:37 PM
    Yes, correct on specs, but the concept is what most folks are looking for -.
    I agree - if you consider the fact that some people like myself are still running an S1 - the Torch is an improvement. I absolutely LOVE the look, feel and "how it works" of the Torch - I stop and play with the demo every time I pass the phone section at Walmart and then get po'd because it's an ATT&T exclusive and their coverage sucks so I can't switch to them to get the phone I want.
    11-15-10 01:39 AM
    I agree - if you consider the fact that some people like myself are still running an S1 - the Torch is an improvement. I absolutely LOVE the look, feel and "how it works" of the Torch - I stop and play with the demo every time I pass the phone section at Walmart and then get po'd because it's an ATT&T exclusive and their coverage sucks so I can't switch to them to get the phone I want.
    I just switched from a Storm1 to Storm2 and the S2 is a huge improvement so it can only get better...
    11-15-10 07:23 AM
    get a torch and just unlock it.

11-16-10 05:24 AM
    You can't unlock the Torch and use it on VZW, neoflasher.

11-16-10 05:28 AM
    get a torch and just unlock it.

But its GSM only... So will generally be blah on coverage and dropped calls anyway.

11-16-10 05:39 PM
    I just switched from a Storm1 to Storm2 and the S2 is a huge improvement so it can only get better...
    I bought a Storm1 on release day two years ago and after four junk phones VZW gave me a Storm2 as a replacement device. At first I thought it was much improved...but it is now suffering the same crap problems as my S1. The screen click has gotten loud such that I can't use it in a meeting without people turning to see me "clicking" away on my screen. The phone is slow as **** and has the same junk feel to it with the buttons at the bottom being always squishy and loose feeling.

I am so tired of RIM's poor quality. The fact that after two years RIM can't get a phone out that at least reasonably competes with the iPhone and EVO is a joke. RIM is fast becoming the maker of cheap texting phones as they have nothing really that competes with the market leaders HTC and Apple.
    11-16-10 05:54 PM
    I called verizon today about something else and while the woman was taking care of that problem for me, we started talking about bb's and the new droid pro. She also mentioned that I should wait about a month before using my upgrade because they were releasing new bb's. Only reason I believe her is that most of the time their reps try to sell me on some droid and she was the only one that has told me to wait.
    11-17-10 12:56 AM
    I can hold on to my 9550 for now.

If Verizon + RIM release a new touch screen device this holiday season that runs OS6, but still has surepress and still looks somewhat like the S2, I will definitely NOT be getting it.

I feel that the holiday season phones for Verizon actually won't be anything special, because LTE is coming January... unless LTE is pushed to December/holiday season, I feel that most people will hold off on buying a phone.

Just my thoughts

Until the LTE compatible, QNX software Storm3/4 drops, I'm holding on to my S2 (no matter how much i dislike the phone, I still think the Android operating system is worse and the Iphone isn't out for Verizon yet either).

What don't you like about the Storm 2? I stupidly got rid of my Storm 2 for a Droid and missed it woefully.
    12-01-10 11:34 AM
    People love, or hate that surepress, that's for sure. I'm indifferent now, because of the fact I can still type accurately. I think Android 2.2 helped in this regard, really.
    12-01-10 11:40 AM
    any new news?
    12-07-10 12:05 AM
    A possible new Blackberry to be released along side with the Playbook this January (or at least announced at CES).
    News is from member nikosg21 in this thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f228/4-...3/index32.html
    12-07-10 12:22 AM
    Yes, there will certainly be a new Verizon touchscreen device by the end of 2010.

Unfortunately, the OP didn't realize that his homegirl was working from an Islamic calendar, and we are currently at the beginning of the year 1432 AH.
    12-08-10 02:11 PM
    Unfortunately, the OP didn't realize that his homegirl was working from an Islamic calendar, and we are currently at the beginning of the year 1432 AH.
    Very poor attempt at comedy!
    12-10-10 12:15 AM
    I bought a Storm1 on release day two years ago and after four junk phones VZW gave me a Storm2 as a replacement device. At first I thought it was much improved...but it is now suffering the same crap problems as my S1. The screen click has gotten loud such that I can't use it in a meeting without people turning to see me "clicking" away on my screen. The phone is slow as **** and has the same junk feel to it with the buttons at the bottom being always squishy and loose feeling.

I am so tired of RIM's poor quality. The fact that after two years RIM can't get a phone out that at least reasonably competes with the iPhone and EVO is a joke. RIM is fast becoming the maker of cheap texting phones as they have nothing really that competes with the market leaders HTC and Apple.
    What are you talking about, "...same junk feel to it with the buttons at the bottom being always squishy and loose feeling." If you really had an S2, you'd know that the "buttons at the bottom" are not individual buttons at all, but printed on the glass, so how would they be "squishy and loose feeling?"
    12-10-10 07:37 AM
    I called verizon today about something else and while the woman was taking care of that problem for me, we started talking about bb's and the new droid pro. She also mentioned that I should wait about a month before using my upgrade because they were releasing new bb's. Only reason I believe her is that most of the time their reps try to sell me on some droid and she was the only one that has told me to wait.
    A couple of weeks ago, I called my office to discuss the switch to the storm2 as my upgrade. They said ok. The following morning they sent me an email stating that when they spoke with our verizon rep, he said that if possible, wait, because the storm 3 is going to be released in the near future.

So I also believe your statement regarding the selling of a device from the rep.

As of this morning, our rep for verizon had a call in to him BB rep. There has been no new information that I can share.
    12-10-10 11:24 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD