Take this for what it's worth, but I talked to a T-Mobile rep today who said she had spoken with their BlackBerry rep a few weeks ago and was told there is a brand new BlackBerry coming "this quarter". I asked if it was a T-Mobile version of the Torch or the touch Bold and she said it was a "totally new" touch device, "perhaps Torch-like with a different name." Thought it was interesting...
    01-19-11 03:42 PM
    I was talking with this bum outside the liquor store yesterday (gave him a beer from the 6 pack I just bought). Was talking to him about bacon and he mentioned that he met a farmer the other day that was saying that soon he will have a special breed of flying pigs. Take it for what it's worth, I thought it was interesting...
    yanobean likes this.
    01-19-11 03:52 PM
    I was talking with this bum outside the liquor store yesterday (gave him a beer from the 6 pack I just bought). Was talking to him about bacon and he mentioned that he met a farmer the other day that was saying that soon he will have a special breed of flying pigs. Take it for what it's worth, I thought it was interesting...
    Ummmmmhhhhh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 05:26 PM
    rough day today?
    01-19-11 05:30 PM
    rough day today?
    I'd say! Taking advice and/or believing what some random person who has no clue what they're talking about, then posting that rumored jibberish on the internet for others to speculate on does constitute as a day where the brain isn't really functioning correctly...

Ummmmmhhhhh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Great first post! Welcome to Crackberry...
    01-19-11 05:38 PM
    Why would she make up a conversation that she claimed to have with a BlackBerry rep?
    01-19-11 06:09 PM
    Because she's bored.
    Because she wants to have a laugh at your expense.
    Because she doesn't want you to switch carriers and lose another customer.
    Because she wants to seem like an important, in the know, person to you.
    Because she likes talking BlackBerry, and noticed that you want to listen.
    Because she likes spreading rumors about something she heard through the grapevine.
    Because she's a pathological liar.
    Because she wanted your number, the legal way, without looking at your account.

Should I keep on going? Or have I made my point?

I have no problem with you, or anyone, believing what she said, but without any concrete information it's all non-sense. My story about the bum is just as believable as your story isn't it? Same hearsay, same BS, same no information to back it up...
    Last edited by ridesno159; 01-19-11 at 06:32 PM.
    Pearl9100 likes this.
    01-19-11 06:29 PM
    Because she's bored.
    Because she likes spreading rumors about something she heard through the grapevine.

I have no problem with you, or anyone, believing what she said, but without any concrete information it's all non-sense. My story about the bum is just as believable as your story isn't it? Same hearsay, same BS, same no information to back it up...
    I do get your point bro, but you seem to forget this is the rumors forum... this is where things that should be taken with a grain of salt go. Just thought I'd share something interesting/promising (finally) that I heard with fellow T-Mobilers considering we've basically gotten the shaft from RIM lately!
    01-19-11 11:52 PM
    First of all, I'm not your bro...

Secondly, if you look at this forum almost every single thread is asking a question about upcoming devices. Or discussing a phone that has an article and/or pictures to go along with it. Your post has none of those, and with the questions you asked her it seems like you just about put the words in her mouth.

Thirdly, there is nothing "promising" when you get all your information and BlackBerry news from a low-level Tmobile rep, interesting, yes, but far from promising...

Lastly, Tmobile has the newest BlackBerry available right now (9780), no other carrier in the US has it. Yea it's pretty much just an upgraded 9700, but just because the device isn't a Torch doesn't mean Tmobile customers are getting the shaft.

You can believe whatever you want, just don't hold your breath. I was told by multiple reps, managers too, (all of them heard it from RIM reps) at Verizon who were 100% positive that there would be a Storm 3 on Verizon by the end of the year (2010), and that the iPhone is definitely not coming to Verizon anytime in the near future. We know how that worked out... It's just this forum would be blown up and out of control if we posted everything that carrier reps told us.

I guess there is two more months left in this quarter though, your rep could still be right. But don't you think we would have heard something about a "totally new, touch device, perhaps Torch-like with a different name" by now?

I mean we just heard about the Torch 2 last week for Att Exclusive: BlackBerry Torch 2 gets detailed | BGR | Boy Genius Report and that's not slated to release for quite some time.

The only thing I find interesting about your discussion with the Tmobile rep is that you were gullible enough to believe it and then to post it up here. Maybe others will believe you though...
    howarmat likes this.
    01-20-11 11:49 AM
    Because she's bored.

this is the funniest thing ive read today. and yah, i would also take it with a huge grain of salt.
    01-22-11 03:09 AM
    First of all, I'm not your bro...

Secondly, if you look at this forum almost every single thread is asking a question about upcoming devices. Or discussing a phone that has an article and/or pictures to go along with it. Your post has none of those, and with the questions you asked her it seems like you just about put the words in her mouth.

Thirdly, there is nothing "promising" when you get all your information and BlackBerry news from a low-level Tmobile rep, interesting, yes, but far from promising...

Lastly, Tmobile has the newest BlackBerry available right now (9780), no other carrier in the US has it. Yea it's pretty much just an upgraded 9700, but just because the device isn't a Torch doesn't mean Tmobile customers are getting the shaft.

You can believe whatever you want, just don't hold your breath. I was told by multiple reps, managers too, (all of them heard it from RIM reps) at Verizon who were 100% positive that there would be a Storm 3 on Verizon by the end of the year (2010), and that the iPhone is definitely not coming to Verizon anytime in the near future. We know how that worked out... It's just this forum would be blown up and out of control if we posted everything that carrier reps told us.

I guess there is two more months left in this quarter though, your rep could still be right. But don't you think we would have heard something about a "totally new, touch device, perhaps Torch-like with a different name" by now?

I mean we just heard about the Torch 2 last week for Att Exclusive: BlackBerry Torch 2 gets detailed | BGR | Boy Genius Report and that's not slated to release for quite some time.

The only thing I find interesting about your discussion with the Tmobile rep is that you were gullible enough to believe it and then to post it up here. Maybe others will believe you though...
    Wow bro,
    I am impressed by internet toughness
    sick em tiger
    02-02-11 09:49 PM
    Wow bro,
    I am impressed by internet toughness
    sick em tiger
    Why thank you miss!

Common sense seems to be hard to come by these days, especially on the internet... I'm impressed by your insightful comments even though you're pretty late to this party...
    02-02-11 10:30 PM
    Hot Damn! Maybe we should rename this rumour section as "Psst-walk as if you are stepping on eggs and don't wanna break them". Too many friggin touchy people who try to define what this section should be about based upon themselves! It's my way or the hiway. Gimme a break. "I'm not your bro". What a friggin ***** ! Moron. Everyone has their opinion and are entitled to them so they don't need someone to jump down their necks if they inavertently say the wrong thing!
    02-14-11 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD