09-13-15 04:12 PM
54 123
tools
    But iSheep buying same phone every year, they don't like to standout. how you justifies that.
    iSheep buy iPhones for a combination of two reasons, popularity and simplicity. They don't care about specs, as they buy into Apple's culture. They know that they can buy an iPhone, and it'll seamlessly integrate with their Macbooks, and iPads. One ecosystem for all your devices.

They also never reached 43% marketshare like Blackberry at their peak. Blackberry offered products and services that catered to those who were productivity-minded. Then they went after the consumer market and diluted themselves. Prestige gone.
    djankrik86 likes this.
    09-04-15 12:49 PM
    Fake pics or not, but the slider concept is silly. How long of a phone to you really need? I can't imagine every time, I need to type, I need to extend my device another 2 inches. Is the need for a slider really a lacking today? I know in business we often ask ourselves what problem is this solving? And I ask that of a slider, what problem (or user group) is this solving (catering to)? With the amount of iPhone's and Android's sold, the answer is clear. There is no demand for such device.

If BlackBerry wants to introduce yet another sales flop (Yes, I'm looking at you passport) that is 'different' than the rest, then they will get what they ask for: another device that caters to only few diehard keyboard BlackBerry fanboys.
    Slider is odd looking extended but I think it will do well. Passport should have the tool belt - I like it. Wish it were available CDMA.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 07:51 AM
    iSheep buy iPhones for a combination of two reasons, popularity and simplicity. They don't care about specs, as they buy into Apple's culture. They know that they can buy an iPhone, and it'll seamlessly integrate with their Macbooks, and iPads. One ecosystem for all your devices.

They also never reached 43% marketshare like Blackberry at their peak. Blackberry offered products and services that catered to those who were productivity-minded. Then they went after the consumer market and diluted themselves. Prestige gone.
    To be fair, iPhones are really well-made, with advanced materials, and awesome quality control and customer support. The specs seem weak, and the OS sucks imo, but the in-house A processors are top-of-the-line according to GeekBench.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-15 03:53 PM
    And among young people, iMessage has achieved the kind of status BBM once enjoyed among...some other demographic.

I teach at a university and sometimes chat with my students about phones and tech. This year, do you know how many of my 90 students have iPhones? 90! All of them, and for one main reason: all their friends use iMessage.
    09-13-15 04:12 PM
54 123