11-16-18 10:28 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    Next year or the year after would be perfect to bring out this phone. Since the 3 Android button will pretty much be on screen, they could make use of the black bar and add wut us BB faithfuls want and need...the toolbelt. And honestly software wise it wouldn't be hard to do. We wouldn't even really need the BB or back button...just the call, end and the beloved TRACKPAD. How much could they possibly have to change to the software? Put the touch keyboard software into the single trackpad, which will work the same way. Then Call and End, pretty self explanatory and simple.

The question is do they want to and would it be worth it? Time will tell. I just hope somebody @ BlackBerry and / or TCL opens their eyes. Plus the phone could be cheaper since the whole keyboard wouldn't need to be touch capacitive...or keep it the same price if they were able to make it water proof
    It's more possible now since there are 3 hardware buttons. BB button can be mapped to Menu, a "discontinued" android button or the home button. Back arrow is back. End Call is app switcher / home? Call button picks up the phone and opens phone. Easy.

Having a row of physical buttons and row of software buttons doesn't make sense.
    10-30-18 09:27 PM
    This should be launched with 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 3:2 , so that the height of the device could be lesser and handy.
    4:3 is too short... try 3:4!
    10-30-18 09:28 PM
    4:3 is too short... try 3:4!
    Bro that would be wide like BlackBerry Bold .
    I think it is not possible!
    10-30-18 10:44 PM
    Bro that would be wide like BlackBerry Bold .
    I think it is not possible!
    Screen ratio notation standard is horizontal edge:vertical edge. Therefore, 4:3 would be landscape and 3:4 would be portrait.
    10-31-18 08:32 AM
    Screen ratio notation standard is horizontal edge:vertical edge. Therefore, 4:3 would be landscape and 3:4 would be portrait.
    Yeah I want the portrait one !
    Thanks for correcting me bro.
    10-31-18 08:52 AM
    Will we ever see something like this? I really miss the toolbelt...

Attachment 435557
    I'd buy one in a heartbeat, it's gorgeous! Does TCL have this phone in the works?
    11-01-18 12:00 PM
    I'd buy one in a heartbeat, it's gorgeous! Does TCL have this phone in the works?
    No. It’s a fan render.
    11-01-18 04:41 PM
    Will we ever see something like this? I really miss the toolbelt...

Attachment 435557
    my take is BBMo wants a largely stock experience but still a BB look and feel device. They want a Android native to pick it up and be able to use it OOB and they want a BB native to hold it and say it's a Blackberry. There is a balance here and a BB toolbar I think swings to far away from this native feel they are trying to capture. It may embrace the BB old timers but probably alienated itself from everyone else and that's certainly not what they want.
    11-05-18 10:21 AM

Hope not. Screen too tall - the keyboard looks like an after thought.

It would be uncomfortable to type on.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-15-18 12:35 PM
    I hope not. There is no need for the track pad
    PKB of Passport functioned as trackpad after first revision OTA. Priv did so for some apps, KEYᵒⁿᵉ mostly just to scroll and flips homescreens... could do more I think... agree no trackpad needed... toolbelt on Priv disappearing to recapture display real estate... better
    11-16-18 10:28 AM
85 ... 234