04-18-18 07:41 AM
42 12
tools
    I wish we could get this. Too bad people are ignorant and don't understand how great a trackpad is for text editing and how nice having a physical call button is.

Pure touch is so inefficient and why I've never gotten a keyone.
    Too bad people don't understand we don't need every phone the size of kitchen cutting boards.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-13-18 05:10 PM
    Deleted
    04-13-18 05:11 PM
    oooh man this is killer! I would grab this so damn fast! I LOVED the trackpad. using that on the 9900 and classic I had was awesome, I used the touch screen for some task, and then the trackpad for exact clicking (webpages) or scrolling (when reading something and not wanting to have thumb in the way). I know the passport, priv and keyone all have the capacitive keyboard, but in my opinion its not even close to the same, its not near as exact, or even consistent in my experience.

I would love this phone!
    DWonder and Uglyindian like this.
    04-13-18 07:34 PM
    In my Blankman voice: "I'm in love". That is one gorgeous lookin phone. If the toolbelt (mainly trackpad ) worked properly on Android I would easily pay $1000 for this phone. I hope BlackBerry Mobile sees this and makes it :-)
    LOL! I wouldn't think I would see a reference to Blankman anyhwere in my life!
    DWonder likes this.
    04-14-18 12:36 PM
    OMG, world has gone crazy. Looking at my Q10, looking at this...sword...almost vomited.

Thousands of extra large phones and no descent compact phones. Shame on all of you that dislike variety!!!

Posted via CB10
    Nobody dislikes variety. It's quite the opposite actually. There are people who want a slider, people who want a Passport sized phone, people who want a Bold 9900 form factor etc.
    The problem is, BlackBerry/BBM do not enjoy a position like Apple everything with its name will sell in huge numbers. BBM can't afford that kind of risk. So it makes much more sense as of now to stick to a single form factor which quite a few majority are willing to buy. Even though BBM would like to offer you all kinds of variety,they simply can't and wouldn't make economic sense to do so either at this point.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    hunnyraheja likes this.
    04-14-18 01:02 PM
    I get your points. You don't seem get mine or even try to fully get into the problem to make some as-objective-as-possible summary.

There were once so many great things which were great. Toolbelt was nice. It would not, however, be so usable on Android.

-Apps wouldn't be optimised for that (noone is going to make extra support for one super-niche smartphone model).
    -Android requires those three buttons like K1 has
    -people would get confused and thought that there is still some pseudo OS running on that phone (they don't want any other OS apart Android/iOS)
    -it would be quite a extra costs
    -many other points
    Once again, u missed the main point I made when I first quoted u. I said
    "And the $1000 was assuming the toolbelt / trackpad worked properly on Android. Of course we wouldn't buy it if it didn't, lol

And wut sarcasm? It was a serious question cuz I would pay that much for a new BlackBerry with a toolbelt without even thinkin about it, provided it functions how it's supposed to"

I skipped all the reasons why it might not happen that u listed cuz I am already aware of them all cuz this same conversation comes up anytime the trackpad / tool belt comes up. Therefore I said...assuming the tool belt functions properly. So thanks for taking the fun out of the dream I am desperately holdin on to, lol
    04-14-18 02:15 PM
    LOL! I wouldn't think I would see a reference to Blankman anyhwere in my life!
    Finally somebody who has seen Blankman, lol. And really? There's so many lines from that movie that I use on a regular basis.

In this scenario I could also go to the offices of TCL and say "BlackBerry Mobile...make me a phone with a toolbelt...now" and then get face palmed out the building. LMBO.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-14-18 02:22 PM
    I agree I'd like a more compact model, make those capacitive keys on-screen, shrink the screen to 4:3 to make it more compact, and round those corners at the top and you have a perfect KEYtwo
    04-14-18 06:06 PM
    Finally somebody who has seen Blankman, lol. And really? There's so many lines from that movie that I use on a regular basis.

In this scenario I could also go to the offices of TCL and say "BlackBerry Mobile...make me a phone with a toolbelt...now" and then get face palmed out the building. LMBO.
    LOLOL.
    And you would be crying like he did at the funeral when you're the one who gets facepalmed out the building!
    DWonder likes this.
    04-15-18 01:10 AM
    I agree I'd like a more compact model, make those capacitive keys on-screen, shrink the screen to 4:3 to make it more compact, and round those corners at the top and you have a perfect KEYtwo
    Top Corners, matte sculpted keys and we call it a keytwo
    the_boon likes this.
    04-15-18 09:58 AM
    LOLOL.
    And you would be crying like he did at the funeral when you're the one who gets facepalmed out the building!
    Trust me, I'm cryin like that on the inside everyday that I don't have the trackpad (currently using a KEYone). But I'm not lickin my snot like he was, lol.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-15-18 10:34 AM
    Trust me, I'm cryin like that on the inside everyday that I don't have the trackpad (currently using a KEYone). But I'm not lickin my snot like he was, lol.
    LOL oh my goodness!

But yeah, I wish I had a trackpad each and every time I'm browsing. The Classic was just the best.
    Well, I'm gonna try to install pointer mode soon to at least to take away the sting.
    04-15-18 12:45 PM
    Some might not "NEED" a trackpad but how many really "NEED" a phone? Lol. Trackpad adds irreplaceable usefulness that only the "closed minded" refuse to see. Imo. Usefulness that just might catch on? With a potentially significant niche seeking to optimize daily efficiency?? Differentiation might, or might not, be the path to dominance but frequently assists survival... Especially when that differentiation affords genuine usability while satisfying your most loyal enthusiasts.

Q10's lack of trackpad stranded migration of TOO many millions of loyal enthusiasts. No small part of BB10's failure, imo. Fwiw.

USB mouse works impressively well on K1. If a mouse can work with Android, why can't a trackpad?
    04-16-18 08:00 AM
    There most definitely is a use for the trackpad and the whole tool belt.
    Just a personal choice and how people use it.
    I'd like to be able to pick up and end calls without having to look at my phone.
    I'd love having the precision and one handed comfort of the trackpad.
    Not to mention text editing with a trackpad is unparalleled.
    I am most definitely hoping BBM bring back the trackpad someday.

Can't you already do a lot of these with the KEYone? Answer a call by double pressing the space, turn on the option to hang up with power button.

You can use the keyboard on the KEYone for precision text editing right now as well. If you can put your thumb on the trackpad can't you move it slightly up to the screen for navagation?

Just my thoughts.
    04-16-18 08:50 PM
    Can't you already do a lot of these with the KEYone? Answer a call by double pressing the space, turn on the option to hang up with power button.

You can use the keyboard on the KEYone for precision text editing right now as well. If you can put your thumb on the trackpad can't you move it slightly up to the screen for navagation?

Just my thoughts.
    Yes you can to some extent but none of them is as efficient as a trackpad. Though much better than having no such functionality at all.
    For example pressing the power button to end a call is rather awkward for me because of the placement of the power button and the size of the phone. Difficult to do without absolutely looking at the phone.
    Trackpad navigation only works in some apps and further you can't use to select anything on the screen.

IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-16-18 09:47 PM
    I would pay $2000 for the toolbelt with trackpad and NO touchscreen. with the trackpad it wouldn't matter if the phone was sort of big. without the trackpad I am finding the K1 a bit tall. Can hardly do anything one handed, can't touch small things as accurately. You can even zoom quickly one handed with the trackpad.
    04-18-18 07:27 AM
    I would pay $2000 for the toolbelt with trackpad and NO touchscreen. with the trackpad it wouldn't matter if the phone was sort of big. without the trackpad I am finding the K1 a bit tall. Can hardly do anything one handed, can't touch small things as accurately. You can even zoom quickly one handed with the trackpad.
    I don't believe it was possible on BBOS or BB10 to zoom quickly "one handed" with the trackpad.

04-18-18 07:41 AM
42 12