CNET quoted Heins implying there would be 2 other levels of OS10 devices, each mimicking the size/config of the Z10 and Q10. He also mentioned a "flagship" device. Anyone speculate on this "flagship" device being superior to the Z and Q? I mean, I'm intending to get probably the Q, but my bold works fine; should I wait till year end?

Via Blackberry Bold & Tapatalk
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-21-13 06:11 PM
    should I wait till year end?
    If you can wait until Q1 next year then maybe. My 9900 works just fine and my contract isn't up until October. You have to realise Blackberry is invariably late with its launches, and it's usually a good idea with any new product to wait a few weeks for the first couple of software updates to solve battery life issues etc.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-21-13 06:32 PM
    Yea this is Aristo. I've heard many times that Z10 was not the flagship. This A series phone will have crazy specs and likely some software features that the Z10/Q10 won't be able to do. I can't wait for the leak to this device. I'm very curious if its a phone or a phablet.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-21-13 07:19 PM
    I'm definitely waiting until everything is out before changing out my 9930. I want the best possible, plus a future Blackberry tablet. Oh yes, it will happen eventually.
    BergerKing likes this.
    03-21-13 07:45 PM
    You know; I think I will stay on track with my plan for the Q10. It probably sounds lame, but I really want blackberry to succeed and I want to support them. Besides, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," who knows whether the A series will be that much better or just how long it will take to come out.

Pilchard, Acumenight and Suhailone like this.
    03-21-13 09:28 PM
    03-21-13 09:38 PM
    You know; I think I will stay on track with my plan for the Q10. It probably sounds lame, but I really want blackberry to succeed and I want to support them. Besides, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush," who knows whether the A series will be that much better or just how long it will take to come out.
    You make a lot of sense. If my 9900 was out of contract I would be rocking a Z10 right now. I bought my 9900 in September 2011 when it was not yet announced BB10 would be delayed. My 9000 was on its last legs and the constant hour glass was too much to bear. I'm delighted with my 9900 and will be very happy to wait until my contract is up in September this year. At that point I guess it will make sense for me to wait and see what this new phone is all about, especially as I am so happy with my 9900. My wife just wants keys, so it's Q10 all the way for her in September.
    gdg521 likes this.
    03-22-13 06:06 AM
    So I've been pondering this overnight and here's my two cents. Strictly speaking, as I'm English, that should be two pennies, but that just doesn't sound right.

Because Thor is so excited, this can't just be a sharper screen and faster processor. The Z10 internals apparently resemble the processors in the Galaxy S3, so it makes sense to think future ones will have the processors from the Galaxy S4. But the Z10 isn't laggy, and the screen is pretty good (not quite as bright as the competition but still fine.)

That must mean it's the form factor that he is excited about, and that tells me it's a slider, but a super thin one, one that gives the full touch experience of BB10 (which, after all, is designed as a touch interface) but with a sensational physical keyboard that slides out for when it's needed. That must be it. There are super thin keyboards on the Microsoft Surface. I bet Blackberry could do something with that technology to make an excellent physical keyboard that doesn't add much bulk to the phone.

Not sure where they will put the 3000mAh battery though

Feel free to shoot me down, but he must be excited for a reason. A slightly faster z10 with a sharper screen doesn't excite me, just as annual upgrades of the iPhone doesn't really excite anyone else. It's nice to have, but not exciting.
    MikeyJSydney likes this.
    03-22-13 06:16 AM
    So I've been pondering this overnight and here's my two cents. Strictly speaking, as I'm English, that should be two pennies, but that just doesn't sound right.

Because Thor is so excited, this can't just be a sharper screen and faster processor. The Z10 internals apparently resemble the processors in the Galaxy S3, so it makes sense to think future ones will have the processors from the Galaxy S4. But the Z10 isn't laggy, and the screen is pretty good (not quite as bright as the competition but still fine.)

That must mean it's the form factor that he is excited about, and that tells me it's a slider, but a super thin one, one that gives the full touch experience of BB10 (which, after all, is designed as a touch interface) but with a sensational physical keyboard that slides out for when it's needed. That must be it. There are super thin keyboards on the Microsoft Surface. I bet Blackberry could do something with that technology to make an excellent physical keyboard that doesn't add much bulk to the phone.

Not sure where they will put the 3000mAh battery though

Feel free to shoot me down, but he must be excited for a reason. A slightly faster z10 with a sharper screen doesn't excite me, just as annual upgrades of the iPhone doesn't really excite anyone else. It's nice to have, but not exciting.
    I see what you're saying, but I think even if the device had the same Z10 / touch slate form factor, he'd be obligated to say he's excited about the up-and-coming device. I mean, Samsung was excited about the S4, which is basically the S3 with an upgrade.

I just think the Heins is using the term "excited" to get people excited. Doubt the CEO would say he's "somewhat underwhelmed" by his own products.
    03-22-13 09:42 AM
    I see what you're saying, but I think even if the device had the same Z10 / touch slate form factor, he'd be obligated to say he's excited about the up-and-coming device. I mean, Samsung was excited about the S4, which is basically the S3 with an upgrade.

I just think the Heins is using the term "excited" to get people excited. Doubt the CEO would say he's "somewhat underwhelmed" by his own products.
    That's very true. Though equally, it still doesn't seem right that he would have flagged a standard processor and screen upgrade in this way. He seemed to be itching to tell us about this device but couldn't. One has to say, his demeanour is that of a CEO that genuinely believes Blackberry is on its way back.
    03-22-13 10:19 AM
    That's very true. Though equally, it still doesn't seem right that he would have flagged a standard processor and screen upgrade in this way. He seemed to be itching to tell us about this device but couldn't. One has to say, his demeanour is that of a CEO that genuinely believes Blackberry is on its way back.
    You guys have some good inputs. I think you're right about the phone being more than just a slight upgrade, but there are others on here that follow a lot more closely. I'm enjoying the interchange. It's nice to converse about non-Iphone/android devices with people who don't crap on blackberry out of hand. I can't wait for the Q! But maybe the Z!? Darn. I really like the physical keyboard, I guess the Q. And then I'll have to suck it up when the "A" series comes out. I hate chasing the latest every time. I almost wish the new models weren't out yet, cause I love my 9930. But I can't resist but buy a new model; I have to support RIM.

Pilchard likes this.
    03-22-13 11:44 PM
    When exactly will be the device Q10 be available in gulf market?Am so desperate to own it and i could no where find the time of its release.Please help me out.!
    03-23-13 08:46 PM
    I have to say, if you're right then I will definitely be on cloud 9! I love my Torch to bits and honestly think it's the perfect form factor for a 'Berry! If they find a way to marry the sleekness of the big touchscreen and the physical keyboard in a competitively svelte device, I'd be first in line, in a tent outside the wireless store in the mall!
    03-24-13 01:01 AM
    When exactly will be the device Q10 be available in gulf market?Am so desperate to own it and i could no where find the time of its release.Please help me out.!
    I assume you're referring to the GCC countries? No one knows for sure yet, but worldwide release is rumoured to be in end of April.
    03-24-13 01:03 AM
    That must mean it's the form factor that he is excited about, and that tells me it's a slider, but a super thin one, one that gives the full touch experience of BB10 (which, after all, is designed as a touch interface) but with a sensational physical keyboard that slides out for when it's needed. That must be it.
    I think you are jumping to conclusions that simply aren't supportable based on the info we have right now simply because your own personal biases do not consider a big-screened bb10 device to be something he would get excited about when the reality is that having that larger screen model that would appeal to those who overlooked the brilliance of the z10 just on screen size is something that would excite him.
    03-24-13 06:20 AM
    Maybe I'm overreaching on Thor's overpreaching, but if BB10 were to go to a "whole new level", I'm thinking ultrabook. I can't believe that they would put out another tablet while they're still stinging from the PlayBook. Maybe I'm wrong, I believe that a new BB10 tablet paired with a Z10/Q10 would have amazing new Bridge capabilities, but still, can't see it happening.
    03-24-13 06:52 AM
    It's rumored to be a Phablet. Like the Asus Phonepad. A docking phone/tablet hybrid.
    03-24-13 07:10 AM
    I could be down with this for sure.
    03-24-13 06:12 PM
    Well, I just ordered THREE of the 9310 models. They are on sale right now with one prepaid carrier for $49.99 while another carrier is selling them for $299.99 and yet another carrier for $149.99.............That said, this type of super sale sometimes means a new model will be available in the near future. For me, at that price, my family and I can live with 3G.
    03-24-13 06:59 PM
    I think U10 is new blackberry in 2013.
    04-01-13 08:44 PM
    I defer to disagree. BB needs to stay with only 2 phones max. No more than that because 3 or 4 choices i think its just to much for them being the weakest company these last years...they should've stayed with the z10 and then come with a powerful q10 idk mi just saying so, dont hate.
    04-04-13 06:38 PM
    I defer to disagree. BB needs to stay with only 2 phones max. No more than that because 3 or 4 choices i think its just to much for them being the weakest company these last years...they should've stayed with the z10 and then come with a powerful q10 idk mi just saying so, dont hate.
    Unfortunately your approach would kill them off because of the position they are coming from, unless your name is apple you need to offer products at a wider range of devices at various price points with the lower priced offering being the main thing that will drive volumes and make bb10 a more appealing platform for devs.

The crucial thing for BB is to avoid the pattern they fell into previously where they had devices which did not have the potential to expand their market and would simply be stealing sales from another model, so far from the leaks we know about they do seem to be doing that.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    04-06-13 06:58 AM
    Just talking the USA / Cdn market... Should BB continue to sell the BB 9900 after the Q arrives ? or should they stop selling BB7 devices here ? Personally I think they should stop selling BB7 as they take away from the new phone image and potential for apps. Perhaps once the carriers get rid of their current inventory we will see no more BB7 sales in this market.
    04-08-13 09:42 AM
    If carriers stock the 9320 then I would expect them to continue to sell that one since it is aimed at a very different end of the market but besides that one it seems likely that most bb7 devices will disappear from the shelves.
    04-08-13 11:27 AM
    As far as Thor's excitement safe to say he gets excited about stuff that just makes me shake my head. Look no further that Jan 30th as evidence sure it was great to see the devices but other than that nothing groundbreaking.
    So ill just wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 03:26 PM