hey i currently use a bold 9000 and i love it.

but with all the latest devices i want to shift to a 9900/9930. but looking at the mixed reactions on battery life ... will there be a new thicker version of 9900 .. everything the same and better battery life and autofocus camera included.

more importantly the battery.. a revert back to 1500mah would be awesome.
    actually the battery is the only thing which is stopping me from buying a 9900.
    any idea if RIM will come up with such a device?

and also i would like to know your views on battery life.
    i am an average user. around 15 calls a day. a lot of bbm, a bit of twitter and texts.
    and if add in some music here and there.

thanks!
    10-21-11 07:13 AM
    There is close to no chance that this device would ever be released. Rim has put far too many resources and time into the current OS 7 devices and have too many models as it is. On top of that they are now gearing up to try and get the BBX phones out as soon as possible to be able to properly compete in the current Iphone and high-end android market.
    10-21-11 07:48 AM
    There is zero chance of a thicker model being released, the options are a 3rd party battery and door which could introduce issues with nfc or to simply carry an additional slim standard battery, which has the advantage that you don't make the device bulkier if you don't need the extra.
    10-21-11 11:45 PM
    They're not going to release a new phone with a bigger battery. Now if they could come out with a battery that's the same size, but lasts longer.. That would be genius.

Like others have said, I don't know how the 3rd party batteries with their own doors will work with NFC.

I have a 9930 and really haven't had that much trouble with the battery life, it's fine for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-22-11 04:40 PM
    I also use 9930,with avarege use I think still OK with the battery. Or you use the hybrid OS to have better performance also the battery.
    10-22-11 06:06 PM
    Add the latest OS and subtract all the stupidity and you should be fine with the battery life.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 06:28 PM
    thanks for the replies
    10-28-11 04:31 PM
    Yep
    Buy a spare for emergencies

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 01:28 AM
    yeah battery life isnt great. I dont see RIM releasing the same phone but with better battery life as .... they have NO history doing that whatsoever. Regardless, it's the best BB out there and the app store is getting better. I'd recommend this phone, plus another battery or one of those usb portable batteries to keep it topped off.
    10-29-11 08:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD