08-22-15 04:33 PM
167 12345 ...
tools
    How? Most people are not interested in running PKB devices if you hadn't noticed. So just because all of a sudden there is a slider running android everyone is going to jump on it?
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    an thousand times this! I just picked out my new device after my Z30....
    it's an HTC ......
    such a sin there is nothing for the loyal Z10 and Z30 users coming.
    lift, mathking606 and rwcrwfrd like this.
    07-26-15 08:42 AM
    Carry both! Honestly, the Passport is my favorite device of all time but it isn't the best "phone," in my opinion, because of the size. I carry it around instead of my laptop and it is a super functional mini-computer. I'm going to get a data-only Sim so I don't keep draining my Zed's battery with the wifi-hotspot though... I love the fact that I can carry two devices and I don't need my phone to do everything. That's a mentality that people need to wipe from their minds. When you have a device that can do EVERYTHING, it means that it is also making several sacrifices in the quality of many of those things.
    For instance, the Slider will be an amazing device, but it still won't match the quality of PKB that the Passport has. It's just like the old Torch, it will have to be small enough to tuck away which means from a design point, they are limited. Not sure where I'm going with all of this... you can't have it all?
    People who have an iphone or a note 4 have it all. Why can't we?
    why should i have to carry multiple devices just because they are BlackBerry devices? its about time they made one THAT IS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kbz1960, lift, mathking606 and 3 others like this.
    07-26-15 08:44 AM
    People who have an iphone or a note 4 have it all. Why can't we?
    why should i have to carry multiple devices just because they are BlackBerry devices? its about time they made one THAT IS IT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Why can't we?" It's simply because there aren't enough of 'we' out there to justify making yet another BB10 full touch screen device. Actually, there's not enough of 'us' BB10 users out there to justify committing to any more BB10 devices that require significant effort (i.e. Not badge engineering rehashes like the Porsche line or the Dallas).

So, honestly your move to HTC for an all touch device is probably exactly what BlackBerry is planning for, hoping to meet you on the other side with some software.

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 and gokulesh like this.
    07-26-15 09:02 AM
    "Why can't we?" It's simply because there aren't enough of 'we' out there to justify making yet another BB10 full touch screen device. Actually, there's not enough of 'us' BB10 users out there to justify committing to any more BB10 devices that require significant effort (i.e. Not badge engineering rehashes like the Porsche line or the Dallas).

So, honestly your move to HTC for an all touch device is probably exactly what BlackBerry is planning for, hoping to meet you on the other side with some software.

Posted via CB10

Talked to someone who played with the new slider-eh-beneran-ada-l.jpg

For Jaydee..

http://www.muthofon.com/phonespecifi...mo-d5-3633.php

BlackBerry -Secured to the Core | CB MOD
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-26-15 09:20 AM
    Whelp, Blackberry is going Android after all. I don't know about launch, but once the other manufacturers take notice Blackberry will be caught in the Android Rat race and the shock will kill them.
    07-26-15 09:30 AM
    Hmmm...Ok because relations between Fido and BlackBerry are super strong.

Posted via CB10
    what does the Fido guy personally knowing someone from BlackBerry have to do with the two companies relations? o.O
    07-26-15 01:45 PM
    Whelp, Blackberry is going Android after all. I don't know about launch...
    you don't know about BlackBerry going android either.
    07-26-15 01:47 PM
    you don't know about BlackBerry going android either.
    Neither is everyone posting all this ****. Can we PLEASE have mods delete this **** (or move it to it's own forum)? It's repetitive and depressing, and only serves to drown out any discussion or rumours NOT about Android. I know so many ******* people want this to be true for their own self-gratifying reasons, but you only have to look at the current Android manufacturers to see how that's a bad idea. And BB10 is still an amazing os, so constantly begging for this suicidal move is a slap in the face for those who actually like their BB10 phones and want to continue using them.
    lift, phuoc, bigjman and 2 others like this.
    07-26-15 05:17 PM
    Neither is everyone posting all this ****. Can we PLEASE have mods delete this **** (or move it to it's own forum)? It's repetitive and depressing, and only serves to drown out any discussion or rumours NOT about Android. I know so many ******* people want this to be true for their own self-gratifying reasons, but you only have to look at the current Android manufacturers to see how that's a bad idea. And BB10 is still an amazing os, so constantly begging for this suicidal move is a slap in the face for those who actually like their BB10 phones and want to continue using them.
    Perfectly written. BB10 is great and that is why I use BlackBerry devices. All this drooling about the prospect of BlackBerry is as you wrote "for their own self-gratifying reasons" and "so constantly begging for this suicidal move is a slap in the face for those who actually like their BB10 phones and want to continue using them".
    07-26-15 10:37 PM
    But I think the writing is on the wall! If BlackBerry doesnt have a droidberry, then they will be gone anyways! Not enough BlackBerry users to justify staying in the hardware business

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-26-15 11:28 PM
    what does the Fido guy personally knowing someone from BlackBerry have to do with the two companies relations? o.O
    After posting the comment is when I realized my argument was weak.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-15 11:56 PM
    Perfectly written. BB10 is great and that is why I use BlackBerry devices. All this drooling about the prospect of BlackBerry is as you wrote "for their own self-gratifying reasons" and "so constantly begging for this suicidal move is a slap in the face for those who actually like their BB10 phones and want to continue using them".
    It is the marketplace that decides what has value and what does not. BB10 has no ecosystem and that is not going to change based on our current knowledge. There was a slim chance in 2013 but that passed.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 12:12 AM
    But I think the writing is on the wall! If BlackBerry doesnt have a droidberry, then they will be gone anyways! Not enough BlackBerry users to justify staying in the hardware business

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    An Android Blackberry is DOA. If Blackberry cannot sell BB10 devices, then it is far better for them to simply drop out of the handset business. They can still function from their software side and QNX deals, and work with Android manufacturers (or possibly Google directly) to integrate BES and Blackberry directly into Android devices (meaning you get Blackberry Samsungs, Blackberry HTCs, Blackberry Motorolas, etc which is far better than an Android Blackberry trying to compete with them all). Blackberry has a choice, they can choose to change the rules instead of joining the rat race.
    lift and acovey like this.
    07-27-15 09:35 AM
    It is the marketplace that decides what has value and what does not. BB10 has no ecosystem and that is not going to change based on our current knowledge. There was a slim chance in 2013 but that passed.

Posted via CB10
    The Marketplace has decided. iPhone is the winner, with Samsung having the hard-fought scraps.
    CTU2fan likes this.
    07-27-15 09:37 AM
    Hmmm...Ok because relations between Fido and BlackBerry are super strong.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 10:05 AM
    An Android Blackberry is DOA. If Blackberry cannot sell BB10 devices, then it is far better for them to simply drop out of the handset business. They can still function from their software side and QNX deals, and work with Android manufacturers (or possibly Google directly) to integrate BES and Blackberry directly into Android devices (meaning you get Blackberry Samsungs, Blackberry HTCs, Blackberry Motorolas, etc which is far better than an Android Blackberry trying to compete with them all). Blackberry has a choice, they can choose to change the rules instead of joining the rat race.
    Two issues with this.

1. Saying a BlackBerry Android is DOA is 100% speculation. We won't know that unless/until they release one. And even then the Android people will pull out the excuses (price, advertising) the same way the all-touch crowd does when asked about the failure of the Z30.

2. If they aren't making phones I couldn't care less if BlackBerry goes under, and I suspect most on here feel the same (or should). If they aren't selling BlackBerry devices they're irrelevant to most.

The Marketplace has decided. iPhone is the winner, with Samsung having the hard-fought scraps.
    Pretty sure Android devices outnumber/outsell iOS. Or did last time I looked.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 01:27 PM
    The Android is a winner in numbers and iOS wins in profits per device sold. BlackBerry needs to sell about 8 million Android and 2 million pure (no runtime) BB10 a year to make up their goal. Seems pretty daunting.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 03:56 PM
    The Android is a winner in numbers and iOS wins in profits per device sold. BlackBerry needs to sell about 8 million Android and 2 million pure (no runtime) BB10 a year to make up their goal. Seems pretty daunting.

Posted via CB10
    The price gap between iPhone and Android smartphones widened this past quarter, according to data compiled by ABI Research and The Wall Street Journal. While the average price of an iPhone jumped to $687, the price of Android devices dropped to $254
    Think about that... the average Android device is selling for $254.....

I too think that a BlackBerry Android device is DOA when it comes to the consumer market.... But if it's a BES enabled device out of the box and is sold as a Secure Phone like the BlackPhone... well that is a different market.
    tanzarian likes this.
    07-27-15 04:34 PM
    After posting the comment is when I realized my argument was weak.

Posted via CB10
    Lmao!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-27-15 04:52 PM
    Winner of what? This is not about money! BlackBerry wins the moral highground!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-27-15 04:54 PM
    I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:17 PM
    Think about that... the average Android device is selling for $254.....

I too think that a BlackBerry Android device is DOA when it comes to the consumer market.... But if it's a BES enabled device out of the box and is sold as a Secure Phone like the BlackPhone... well that is a different market.
    A very, very small different market.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-15 07:29 PM
    A very, very small different market.

Posted via CB10
    Very small. How many Blackphones have been sold? And considering there's no access to Google Play and it's locked down, you might as well be running a different OS.
    It would be far better to partner with Google directly and have Blackberry tech on ALL Android phones.
    07-27-15 09:30 PM
    My two cents:

After the revelation of the latest Android vulnerability, it reminds me again why I have a Blackberry and what Blackberry will face when/if they release a DroidBerry. Will such discoveries harm BB's reputation for security? It just makes me wonder if that risk is worth it as I do not recall any BB vulnerabilities in the last few years or system issues other than of BB's own doing ( I think that last big one a few years ago really cost them a lot of customers and did far more harm to them than they will ever admit.)
    dbq10 and tanzarian like this.
    07-27-15 10:17 PM
    My two cents:

After the revelation of the latest Android vulnerability, it reminds me again why I have a Blackberry and what Blackberry will face when/if they release a DroidBerry. Will such discoveries harm BB's reputation for security? It just makes me wonder if that risk is worth it as I do not recall any BB vulnerabilities in the last few years or system issues other than of BB's own doing ( I think that last big one a few years ago really cost them a lot of customers and did far more harm to them than they will ever admit.)
    Think you are right... wan't too long after the outage that customers like US DoD started looking at being tied to one device manufacture or a an outside network as a "risk". Thus today BES is not the core EMM, and they are testing a number of devices.

But when you add the outage, with switching to a new platform, finical troubles and "we are for sale". I think that was a perfect storm that combined to really damage BlackBerry's position as the dominate smartphone platform for business.

I don't think BlackBerry ever had a shot with the consumer market, but enterprise.... that should have been theirs for the taking. And yet they messed that up and Chen is having a much hard time keeping or gaining customer in EMM.

And if they suddenly "switch" their OS.... I think that will just cause other to question their reliance on a company that is fluctuating so much.
    07-28-15 08:41 AM
167 12345 ...