I was wondering have any heard if AT&T is getting the Blackberry Storm 2.
    10-31-09 10:30 AM
    I sure wish that they would.... but I doubt it
    11-01-09 10:06 AM
    all you gotta do is buy an unlocked blackberry storm off of ebay or somewhere and type in blackberry storm at&t in the forum search and theres directions to make a unlocked verizon wireless bb storm work for at&t ... internet and all ...i already did it thus how im using my bb
    11-01-09 10:42 AM
    Being primarily a CDMA device and utilizing the GSM part of the device for roaming purposes, I am pretty sure AT&T will not get the Storm2. As it has been already pointed out, unlocking the Storm/Storm2 is possible for use with any other network than Verizon. If the Storm were only CDMA, you would be out of luck.
    11-01-09 11:00 AM
    If Verizon gets the iPhone I'm sure AT&T would get the Storm2
    11-01-09 11:49 AM
    AT&T and Apple have an agreement, which according to AT&T have exclusive rights to the iPhone till 2010. When the time comes it'll be unclear whether or not Apple will bring a CDMA compatible iPhone to the market. Some rumors say Verizon is hard at work with Apple, others say the opposite.

Bottom line -- just wait and we'll see. Life is full of surprises.
    11-01-09 04:00 PM
    use unlocked... that is what i do
    11-03-09 02:09 PM
    Sure you can get an unlocked storm(2), which you'll pay an arm/leg for arguably. And yea, you'll have the latest/greatest blackberry to brag about,

But honestly, what's the point with the NorthAmerican 3G bands hardware locked? You'll only be running on edge anyway (fine for voice/sms, but your data usage speed is going to suffer)
    11-03-09 02:58 PM
    so, your saying if i unlock a storm2 i can't even use 3G? then what is the point? but it is wireless, so that might make up for the non 3G.
    11-03-09 03:35 PM
    That my friend, is exactly the point. You'll be stuck at EDGE speeds. No 3G for you.

Keep in mind, I doubt you'll have wireless EVERYWHERE you go.. (hence the beauty of 3G coverage),

Now, if you're doing it just to "keep up with the jones' ", be my guest........ It's a lot of money to drop for giving up such a big feature.
    11-04-09 12:19 AM
    If Verizon gets the iPhone I'm sure AT&T would get the Storm2
    I don't see Verizon getting an iPhone before LTE, and I don't see AT&T getting a Storm or like device till then either.
    11-05-09 05:40 PM
    so, your saying if i unlock a storm2 i can't even use 3G? then what is the point? but it is wireless, so that might make up for the non 3G.
    So why go through all the trouble of unlocking one, just switch to Verizon!
    There is a map for that ya know!
    11-05-09 05:41 PM
    Some devices are exclusive to the carrier. Doubt you'll ever see a Storm for AT&T.
    11-10-09 02:01 AM
    Phonearena shows it as an upcomming device for ATT but I don't know how reliable they are....
    11-10-09 01:44 PM
    Phonearena shows it as an upcomming device for ATT but I don't know how reliable they are....
    Wow... if that's the case, I'm going to hold off for a bit until it's verified. thanks for the link, first I saw of it. Now I'll be on there everyday checking for updates!
    11-11-09 10:42 AM
    Wow... if that's the case, I'm going to hold off for a bit until it's verified. thanks for the link, first I saw of it. Now I'll be on there everyday checking for updates!

I know phonearena may not be a very good reliable source. I checked their site today and they took it off as an upcoming device for AT&T. I was a little bummed about that, but you never know what lies ahead next year. If all else fails you can either buy one and unlock it or switch to Verizon.
    12-03-09 08:07 PM
    If that happens than all AT&T needs is the droid and then it will all be down to service but Verizon would still win.
    12-06-09 10:35 PM
    RIM is only making touchscreen devices for CDMA carriers.
    12-07-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD