I know Research-In-Motion reads these forums so I'm hoping they see this thread. When BBX rolls around, while it will run Android apps I highly doubt it'd run the swype .apk to change the onscreen keyboard. A native swype app for a full-touchscreen Blackberry would be a good selling point. I can swype faster than type on an onscreen keyboard.

Perhaps Swype would make a good RIM investment or purchase.
    Last edited by CatlinFD; 11-05-11 at 06:06 AM.
    tharrison4815 and happyhardik like this.
    11-05-11 06:03 AM
    Nobody knows what is going to happen to Swype now that Nuance has bought them. That would have been a great 100 million buy for Rim with so many touchscreen devices in their future.
    11-05-11 07:22 PM
    I had a Samsung Galaxy Tab while in the holding pattern waiting for the PlayBook to come out I really loved using the Swype input method. Now I'm hearing RIM could have snatched up the company that created the program?!? A definite faux pax on RIM's part.
    11-06-11 09:43 AM
    Ohh cmon. By the time we see a bbx phone they'll have brain texting. Won't even have to use the screen lol

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    11-06-11 10:51 AM
    For what it's worth, I have a friend who swears by Android who I have been trying to get to move over to BB for a long time. His latest position: if the new BBX phones have the Android emulator and Swype, he's in. Can't overstate the importance of Swype for some people. As the leading keyboard phone manufacturer, RIM should really be leading in the area of touchscreen virtual keyboards. It is a natural brand extension and is at the core of what I would have expewcted from RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 09:21 AM
    Some like it some don't. Just like anything.
    11-13-11 09:45 AM
    I would ONLY use an all touch screen virtual keyboard if it had swype and only if swype was fully integrated and not an additional app you would have to add on. Probably a lot to ask but I am a physical keyboard type of girl.
    11-14-11 02:10 PM
    swype is the only way to text on a touch only device- i still find it buggy, at least with the verson that is on the atrix 4G (1st) i have seen on the galaxy sII it is better, i dont like that one can not upgrade versons of swype as it is not an app you can get from the app store in android market- so once bbx drops i will have to look at reviews as i would with any device i am looking to buy- i do hope that RIM puts out a product that i want to spend the money for with bbx as i feel that android is lacking in areas that RIM can make better, lets just see if they do...
    11-14-11 02:24 PM
    So I test nearly every Blackberry that at&t releases as well as most android devices and I will agree that BBX on a full touchscreen device MUST have Swype.

I carry two devices with me all the time, whatever Berry I am testing and whatever Android device I am testing. I would love to carry only one.

PG
    11-21-11 09:59 PM
    They should buy this instead as it looks better than Swype. TouchPal
    phonegeek#AC likes this.
    12-23-11 03:11 PM
    They should buy this instead as it looks better than Swype. TouchPal
    Just saw this and downloaded it on the current Android phone I am testing and I like it...

Works a lot like swype but seems a little better to me...

Thanks for the info!

PG
    01-01-12 05:01 PM
    there are already a SWIPE and BB10 thread. please search before posting....MODs you know what to do
    01-27-12 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD