Reasons Why I want a new cell phone!

From having the Iphone being flashed around and Co-Workers taunting me with their video chats sessions in the break room to people on their htc touch this and that phones....Its making me crazy that I am still loyal to the blackberry tour.

I just want to know whats the next best thing I should wait for to come out. Or is their anyphone now that is better than the tour from verizon?
    09-28-10 10:57 AM
    The 9000 sized Full Qwerty with a touch screen next year (CONFIRMED, Good friend works for RIM in the LOO)

Other than that The 9800 is good, the Tour 2 9650 is good as well (some say its a bold, i say its a tour named bold for cdma whiners)

Besides that nothing as of right now

and from what he said the 9570 was axed, and might barely make it to production
    09-28-10 10:59 AM
    the bold 9650 is better in just about every way. It has more memory, wifi, trackpad, and will be getting OS 6.
    09-28-10 12:33 PM
    Better yet, wait for the iPhone, announcement November16th, shipping Jan
    10-05-10 08:47 PM
    The 9000 sized Full Qwerty with a touch screen next year (CONFIRMED, Good friend works for RIM in the LOO)

Other than that The 9800 is good, the Tour 2 9650 is good as well (some say its a bold, i say its a tour named bold for cdma whiners)

Besides that nothing as of right now

and from what he said the 9570 was axed, and might barely make it to production
    So this is like the new phone for AT&T? Any idea when next year it is scheduled to come out? I need a new phone but don't want to upgrade just yet if something is going to come out shortly after the new year. Thanks for the info!!
    10-11-10 08:38 PM
    I have the same "problem" like you...

I really do love my BB (8900), but Im getting bored to see my friends HTC Desire.
    Browser (flash+speed), Maps (incl. GPS), camera, scrolling, processor etc. are awesome on that device!

Even the email-function isnt bad...

I wanna stick with BB, but I don`t see a reason to spend the same (or even more) money for a BB device, that is far behind that...

It`s always a laugh for him to tell me:
    "Hey, open that web page.." or "Show me your GREEAT maps software"

Hope the dakota will be a decent device, which is able to compete...

"Only" BBM and push-mail-function isnt all....

IMO the play book was a great steps forward, but as far, as I know RIM, that device won`t be out before christmas 2014, after Ipad4.
    Last edited by Slash82; 10-12-10 at 06:33 AM.
    10-12-10 06:27 AM
    Same here. I value device with great radio/phone, solid email, fast and "flexible" - which means I can load whatever I like - from whenever I like, it is easy to "modify".
    All people around me already have touch screen, 3G devices - which are better in one area, worse in the other but there are continuous discussions and shows - who can do what and better. Only I feel like an old engineer with pocket protector... can't impress nobody anymore.
    I have 8900 - unlocked in a very good shape, with Hybrid OS - which is doing its job. Calls and messages come flawlessly - have internet access - slow though I don't use it that much. Like BB Torch and iPhones are cool, everybody is jumping on Android. Torch seems like it was pushed to the market with whatever RIM had at the time to defend their image - so I expect some improved and competitive device soon - question how soon? I like 8900 - solid and pleasant to hold - fits my hand and doesn't feel heavy in my pocket. It would be my preference if it was up to date with technology (processor, screen OS etc). iPhone is and Apple device - feels solid but not "pleasant" - like a heavy brick and Apple controls everything.. feels heavy in my pocket and still have reservations to the "fruit company" - they are great in technology but people who own iPhones love them for the things I don't use (multimedia, itunes, etc) and complain for radio/phone and email reliability - cant compromise here..phone is a phone. . So for me is not the one. Androids are hot these days but ATT does not have a good solid device like i.e Verizon's Incredible i.e. - right size and feel. Samsung' s Captivate feels too big to keep in the pocket and feels "plasticky".
    No pressure but slowly coming to the conclusion that it is time to get up to date.... I am open for a new and worth to jump on device - even apple if it works well, right size and feel android is a contender but BB would be preferred.
    So, here is my question - what is there on mobile smartphones radar screens worth to wait for?
    10-19-10 08:06 PM
    On the horizon: Just announced and long known is the 9670 Style on Sprint. Headed soon to either ATT, TMO, or both (we've seen both in vids) is the 9780 which, coming from the 8900, would be a nice upgrade. After that, theory leads us to a possible new Storm in Nov (S3, non LTE) and later the Onyx3/Dakota/Magnum [from Fubaz above, "The 9000 sized Full Qwerty with a touch screen next year (CONFIRMED, Good friend works for RIM in the LOO)"] who knows when. It's possible it will have QNX, although my bet would be that QNX for a phone would launch on a full touch (Triton?) There's also rumor of a horizontal/landscape slider out there (Triton also?). So that's what we know/don't know.

Coming from an 8900 myself on TMO, if the 9780 is HSPA+, I will probably sign a new 2 year. If it's HSPA only, I may wait it out. The 9780 will be a solid upgrade from the 8900, but I'm always one to try to get the most for my $. I'd hate to fork out the $ for the 9780 and have the touch/KB Magnum/Dakota/Onyx3 come out 6 mos later.... *sigh*
    10-19-10 10:19 PM
    the tour is amazing but sadly i cant have it bcs im in att
    10-20-10 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD