79 62.70%
  • Slider

41 32.54%
  • non touch

6 4.76%
07-11-10 06:59 PM
42 12
tools
    For those of you that have a Storm 9530 from the start maybe this will make sense.

Remember back in early 2009 when the Tour was getting leaked and people were raving about it like crazy and "jumping ship" from the Storm to the Tour because they couldn't stand the Storm?
    Well we had little information about the Storm2 at that time, and sure enough. Thanks to Salomondrin and all, the Storm2 turned out to be a great improvement than the 9530. Some of the new Tour owners started having buyers remorse because they quit on the 9530 early on just to get a new "stable" device.
    Then when the Storm2 started coming along which got everyone excited and if they would have waited just a little bit then they could have bought the Storm2 instead of the Tour.

The way that I see it, the Slider will be like the Tour (not talking about specs) in the sense that when the Storm3 gets announced it will have even better specs and according to Sal's rumors, an OS designed specifically for it. I would advise you to wait.
    06-29-10 03:41 PM

Yes the Storm3 needs some HD recording capabilities.........I mean, at least something better than what is offered now. Now I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think the video recording capabilities of a phone has something to do with the camera put into it, and I can't see RIM put a 8 or 12 mp camera into the Storm3 so I don't forsee the Storm3 being able to do HD recording.
    Well Iphone4 has a 5 MP camera and records at 720p. So it is possible RIM could follow the same path. If we had &@)p on the storm3 I would be very happy with that.
    06-29-10 05:50 PM
    storm3 will likely be lte and slider will likely not be (AT&T) so id have to say storm3 all the way
    06-30-10 03:46 PM
    Well, I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a while anyhoo...
    06-30-10 04:11 PM
    the slider has a trackpad not trackball
    Excellent deduction, Sherlock Holmes.

Being on a touchscreen device, the difference is negligible as the interaction is nearly identical.
    06-30-10 05:16 PM
    s3 will be much better
    07-02-10 01:33 PM
    I am anxious for a Storm 3, but I'm hoping it has an antenna design similar to the iPhone 4 so I can learn to hold it properly.
    07-02-10 01:37 PM
    Look at this way as well. Slider will be OS6 Beta. By the Time S3 drops I hope a lot of the bugs and performance is much improved.
    Ya, that's what Storm 1 and Storm2 owners are still waiting for! Other than the browsing speed, I doubt that OS6 should have any more bugs than OS5, after all, it really looks very similiar.
    07-03-10 06:23 AM
    ......I believe RIM really is gonna surprise a few people with the device. A higher resolution/bigger screen, better camera, improved surepress tech, more memory and much more. I think it'll actually be a pretty big upgrade rather than these minor updates that RIM loves to do.
    Man, do I hope you are correct; the DroidX coming out with that HUGE screen really makes me hungry for a Storm2 screen that can compete. My NE2 isn't up for a year, so I will impatiently wait for the Storm3 to come out and read the reviews; but I, like you, will be looking to an Android if RIM doesn't deliver. The Storm2 was obsolete/behind when it came out compared to other phones with respect to memory, processor speed, camera, screen, etc., and I don't think RIM can afford to do a repeat. But, from what I have seen of OS6, it really doesn't look that different from OS5...BORING! When is RIM ever going to "jazz up" their icons, offer pictures with the contacts, a large picture with the dialer, etc? Maybe the Storm3 only OS we heard about will correct some of those short comings (IMHO). Dont' get me wrong, I am in LOVE with my Storm2 (have had no issues from 10/29), but that doesn't mean I don't want MORE!
    07-03-10 06:39 AM
    Just looking at the STORM 3 proposed specs makes me wish ATT would up the SLIDER specs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 08:58 PM
    Arguing Storm3 versus Slider is like arguing werewolves vs. vampires.

Both are imaginary beasts, at least at this point. Until somebody can actually put one of each in a cage match, this thread is epic fail.

07-05-10 01:02 PM
    Current preference: Storm 3

Will I stick to this preference when both devices are out? I dont know.
    07-11-10 04:00 AM
    I am truly torn. I love the slider and the fact that it's gonna have a touch screen AND a keyboard, but hearing the possible specs of the Storm3 HAS intrigued me, especially the LTE part. If the Storm3 was gonna have a slide down keyboard too, it would be a no brainer. Perhaps the S4.
    07-11-10 08:56 AM
    The slider is looking very nice but no phone is worth switching to AT&T for IMO.
    07-11-10 03:02 PM
    I am truly torn. I love the slider and the fact that it's gonna have a touch screen AND a keyboard, but hearing the possible specs of the Storm3 HAS intrigued me, especially the LTE part. If the Storm3 was gonna have a slide down keyboard too, it would be a no brainer. Perhaps the S4.
    BITE YOUR TONGUE! Must ALL BlackBerries have a physical keyboard? Please leave something for us touchscreen purebreds! HA!
    07-11-10 05:53 PM

Both are imaginary beasts, at least at this point. Until somebody can actually put one of each in a cage match, this thread is epic fail.

Must everything be so black & white? If it weren't for the dreamers, this world would be pretty boring, IMHO! Allow us to speculate; after all the Storm2 speculations, MOST "rumors" turned out to be true!
    07-11-10 05:55 PM
    Your post makes zero sense, ZERO. We know there have been sightings of the Slider and videos of it to boot, so how is that "imaginary?" Yes, as far as I know, the 3 has not yet been spotted but unless RIM proposes dropping a pure touchscreen device entirely, than I find it hard to believe they'd discontinue the Storm line, nor could I believe that they're not developing the Storm 2 successor.

I will add that I take rumors with a HUGE grain of salt, but your post is about as believable as...well..........as your claims about the future devices. Nice graphic, though, too bad you used it in the wrong place.

07-11-10 06:59 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD