79 62.70%
  • Slider

41 32.54%
  • non touch

6 4.76%
07-11-10 07:59 PM
42 12
tools
    So basically by the time I'm eligible for a device upgrade both the Storm3 and the Slider will be out. Because I'm on a Storm1 there is next to zero possibility that the phone is slower/etc, so the Storm3 would not have ANY of the typing lag that the Storm1 has. so at the moment I'm deciding between the Storm3, which doesn't have a slideout keyboard, and the slider, which does along with a trackball.
    I've found that there are cases when trackball navigation would be more handy, but I'm not sure if the added thickness would make it not worth it.

and of course it can all change depending on which carriers have them and at what prices.
    05-21-10 12:06 PM
    it might be an easy choice considering the storm is an Verizon only phone and its looking more and more everyday that the slider is AT&t.
    05-21-10 12:57 PM
    This poll will get a little skewed because a lot of people never tried the Storm 2. They either had a bad Storm 1 or heard the horror stories and are subject to dismiss it altogether.. I had the original and have part 2 now so I'm sticking with number 3 when it's dropped.
    05-21-10 12:58 PM
    Well.. we have a lot of info about the Slider (pics, specs, etc) ... but we have barely anything on the S3 at all..

I have an S2, and I'll probably stick with the storm line. (but it really depends on how OS 6 is, and what the S3 is like).
    05-21-10 01:31 PM
    fast Eddie I'm on bell, so no matter the technology it will work on my Carrier. The question is exclusivit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 02:11 PM
    Well if that's the case I would have to say storm 3. I love surepress, and i'm sure the storm 3 will be even better. The only reason I would get the slider is because I'm itching to get a new touch BB and take OS 6 for a spin! But then if I did get the slider and they released the storm I would replace the slider with it.
    05-21-10 02:29 PM
    Wasn't the S3 going to have a slide out keypad? I like the look of the 9800, but I am curious about the S3
    05-21-10 03:53 PM
    Don't expect S3 to have a physical keyboard. That was started by people who misunderstood what the 9800 was and threw the Storm label on it because it had a touch screen.

05-21-10 05:26 PM
    Looks like Rogers will be carrying the 9800 as well based on the screen shots from cellguru.

05-21-10 05:27 PM
    Looks like Rogers will be carrying the 9800 as well based on the screen shots from cellguru.

Not necessarily. Putting in a SIM card from another carrier would have the same effect.
    05-21-10 09:06 PM
    Not necessarily. Putting in a SIM card from another carrier would have the same effect.
    That's assuming the phone is unlocked, but don't the unlock codes take a little while to be released?

05-21-10 09:20 PM
    i'd rather have the Slider, but i won't leave VZW so i think i'm going to go from 9630 to S3. i want a better browsing experience.

05-26-10 06:33 PM
    yeah, and thinking about it more the Slidr will have similar dimenions to the S! if not thicker, while the Storm3 will be much thinner. and for the amout of time I spend typing the S3's SurePress will be perfect, and I realized I do not intend to give it up.
    so it's 90% likely that I will get the S3.
    05-27-10 11:33 AM
    Look at this way as well. Slider will be OS6 Beta. By the Time S3 drops I hope a lot of the bugs and performance is much improved.

05-27-10 12:07 PM
    I'll throw in an S3 vote on this one. S2 wasn't bad, could get better.
    05-28-10 05:18 PM
    That's assuming the phone is unlocked, but don't the unlock codes take a little while to be released?
    The leaks come from pre-release hardware, given that they will need to test on many carriers, it would seem highly unlikely that rim sim-locks such hardware.
    05-29-10 07:39 AM
    The Bold slider is appealing.....but knowing the screen resolution is going to be 360x480, that's a deal breaker for me.

Seeing that by this time last year, we had already seen pics of the Storm2 and we have seen absolutely nothing on the Storm3......I believe RIM really is gonna surprise a few people with the device. A higher resolution/bigger screen, better camera, improved surepress tech, more memory and much more. I think it'll actually be a pretty big upgrade rather than these minor updates that RIM loves to do.

Now......if I'm incorrect then I'm probably venturing out to the next palm device or will try something from HTC.....in which case I'll definitely be back in the year 2012 to check out the mythical beast known as the "dakota" lol ha ha. I'm rootin for RIM though
    05-29-10 01:56 PM
    I think you are right about some of the things we will see in storm 3 except for the screen, upgrading the resolution on one device just wouldn't make sense, it is far more likely we would see such a change happen to all the higher end models due out in a 6 month period or so i.e. the slider, the flip, the storm and whatever else is due that we haven't heard of would all be getting a higher rez screen and not just the one single model and since we already know that isn't the case with some of them then such a change is highly unlikely on storm 3 either.
    05-29-10 02:25 PM
    The leaks come from pre-release hardware, given that they will need to test on many carriers, it would seem highly unlikely that rim sim-locks such hardware.
    Good point.

05-29-10 05:18 PM
    9800 all the way.
    05-29-10 05:42 PM
    I think you are right about some of the things we will see in storm 3 except for the screen, upgrading the resolution on one device just wouldn't make sense, it is far more likely we would see such a change happen to all the higher end models due out in a 6 month period or so i.e. the slider, the flip, the storm and whatever else is due that we haven't heard of would all be getting a higher rez screen and not just the one single model and since we already know that isn't the case with some of them then such a change is highly unlikely on storm 3 either.
    I think I have to respectfully disagree. This is RIM we're talkin about here. With this being their 1 touchscreen only device, RIM knows the competition they're up against and they can't keep the screen size/resolution the same as the two Storms before it. It would fail before it even came to the market. People are gonna buy the slider regardless because its the best of both worlds form factor. Its something many people have been waiting on so that's probably why they didn't give it a better screen, but the Storm3 will be competing with devices like the nexus1, droid incredible and others. This device, in my opinion, is the most anticipated BB behind the mythical "dakota". It will be their flagship device of this year
    05-30-10 12:03 PM
    I guess we will see, but I would expect the main priority at this point will be a storm that is more optimal for os6 in the stores before christmas rather than a longer term upgrade with a higher spec.
    05-30-10 12:46 PM
    The main thing Im hoping for on the storm 3 is a better camera, and possibly hd video. If the storm had that then Id be all over it.
    05-30-10 01:26 PM
    I guess we will see, but I would expect the main priority at this point will be a storm that is more optimal for os6 in the stores before christmas rather than a longer term upgrade with a higher spec.
    RIM needs to make sure the Storm3 is working damn near flawlessly when it releases later this year. I remember when people had so much confidence in purchasing BB's, but recently, many of these OS releases have been plagued with bugs. Storm1 was horrendous to me on its launch day and after 3 years I'm hopeful that RIM can perfect the surepress technology (I actually love that it makes it different from its competitors) and deliver a excelent mix of business and pleasure with the Storm3

@Solark*

Yes the Storm3 needs some HD recording capabilities.........I mean, at least something better than what is offered now. Now I'm not an expert on the matter, but I think the video recording capabilities of a phone has something to do with the camera put into it, and I can't see RIM put a 8 or 12 mp camera into the Storm3 so I don't forsee the Storm3 being able to do HD recording.
    05-30-10 02:41 PM
    Not much of a slider fan and Im getting use too the touchscreen
    06-29-10 02:42 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD