06-01-10 08:04 AM
35 12
tools
    BBLEAKS twitter the other day mentioned that they dont think the storm3 will be seeing the light of day this year but nothing else is mentioned and noone is saying anything..

Does anybody know anymore about this issue? was looking forward to this phone
    04-13-10 12:48 PM
    Since there is no reliable information published about the phone, let alone any eyewitness accounts of it I would be very surprised to see it on sale before next year.

I'd like to see the next step beyond the Storm 2 also, my NE2 comes up in the fall but I'll hang on to my Storm 1 until there is something more advanced than the 2 out.
    04-13-10 01:04 PM
    Well that would really suck, as I'm in the same boat with my S1. Althou the HTC Incredible looks really sweet, I'd rather stick with BB but I'm not sure how long I can hold out here. As my NE2 will be up in Oct, 2 years after the first Storm came out.

It seems like there are a few people here and there that have saw or know info on the S3 but are either not willing to post here about it, are respecting NDA's tightly, or maybe just don't wanna leak any info. Which had really sucked for these forums.
    BBMChat has maybe saw the phone, as they have Tweeted about it. The post by JLevy back in Dec of last year says they are going to unveil it this month at WES, so I've been patiently waiting for that to come and hope they are right.
    Could you post what BBLEAKS Tweeted about the phone here??
    04-13-10 02:52 PM
    Just because there hasn't been any solid information on it yet does not mean it isn't coming this year. Going by previous release schedule, I'm almost positive we will see it end of October, beginning of November. That is just a guess. I highly doubt it will wait until next year though.
    04-13-10 02:57 PM
    isn't there a official list of new blackberry releases in 2010 or 2011?
    04-13-10 05:05 PM
    isn't there a official list of new blackberry releases in 2010 or 2011?
    The only official list of blackberry releases are what carriers have officially announced.
    04-13-10 05:08 PM
    I just dont get why bbleaks posted that, but put nothing else with it. Its like telling me my dog died but not how it did.

I respect bbleaks as they get their hands on alot of software but i dont understand their stance on the storm3 unless its backed up with some thought or info
    04-13-10 07:59 PM
    Let's wait and see what happens at the RIM convention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 08:08 PM
    My upgrade is early next year so would be awesome if the new bb storm would drop. Better be the best bb ever doubt it though
    04-13-10 08:10 PM
    I just dont get why bbleaks posted that, but put nothing else with it. Its like telling me my dog died but not how it did.

I respect bbleaks as they get their hands on alot of software but i dont understand their stance on the storm3 unless its backed up with some thought or info
    I replied to that Tweet but got no reply back...I think it's more of speculation on their part.
    The first live Storm2 shots we saw last year were leaked in may.. so we'll see.
    04-14-10 07:40 PM
    Just because there hasn't been any solid information on it yet does not mean it isn't coming this year. Going by previous release schedule, I'm almost positive we will see it end of October, beginning of November. That is just a guess. I highly doubt it will wait until next year though.
    Agree but by this time last year we had photos and videos of the S2. Right now we have a post of one person saying thet had hands on the S3. No pics no more hands on, nothing.
    04-15-10 08:54 PM
    Maybe the slider will just be branded the Storm Slider. That way they can release a Storm3 next year. Kinda makes sense right? 1 Storm a year? lol, maybe that's just wishful thinking.
    04-16-10 09:37 AM
    I actually mentioned this quickly in my new thread I posted "$1,000,000 question for us CDMA folk" regarding the Storm 3. I would think that if we were going to see the Storm 3 this year that we would have had some type of tangible information and maybe some prototype videos or photos show up at this point in time.

All we have on the Storm 3 are very general/surface level rumors and vapor.
    04-17-10 10:05 PM
    I have a the BB9530 and my contract with verizon is up in 3 weeks, I was thinking I was just going to upgrade to the BB9550 since I really like Blackberry and the Storm1, but now VZW has this driod incredible coming out which blows the Storm2 out of the water, so I am thinking why get a phone that is outdated before I even get it, but then I like the storm1 and the storm2 is just a better S1, so this is the struggle I am having inside
    04-25-10 01:08 PM
    I have a the BB9530 and my contract with verizon is up in 3 weeks, I was thinking I was just going to upgrade to the BB9550 since I really like Blackberry and the Storm1, but now VZW has this driod incredible coming out which blows the Storm2 out of the water, so I am thinking why get a phone that is outdated before I even get it, but then I like the storm1 and the storm2 is just a better S1, so this is the struggle I am having inside
    You say "outdated," I say "long enough on the market to get a lot of bugs worked out"
    04-25-10 01:27 PM
    You say "outdated," I say "long enough on the market to get a lot of bugs worked out"
    Dude, it is just outdated. If you don't live by BB Key features that Android does not offer, then just move on.
    04-25-10 07:59 PM
    We will have a Storm 3 this year for sure, but we won't get to see leaks like before.
    04-25-10 08:42 PM
    We will have a Storm 3 this year for sure, but we won't get to see leaks like before.
    Thanks Sal. Can you elaborate on that?
    04-25-10 10:17 PM
    Okay.................but think about this for a second Sal......................

This is just my opinion so tell me what u think. Anyone for that matter lol.

All the hands on reports are claiming that the Storm3 is LTE ready right? Now as we know, verizon will have LTE in 25-30 markets by the end of the year but they've confirmed that no LTE phones will be out until early 2011. Could they be holding the Storm3 back to make sure they come out with a banging "first LTE" BB?

What ya'll think?
    04-26-10 01:27 AM
    I heard about the Storm 3 at the same time I heard about Talladega (aka slider), so this is not something new. The problem we are facing at this point, is that all the info we heard about long ago is starting to be confirmed and/or happening right now, but we don't know anything about what's gonna happen after all these devices. RIM is putting a stop to all device leaks and info leaks. I mean, look at the freaking flip 5mp berry... Nobody saw it coming! RIM is getting really good at keeping secrets, and although I don't agree with their new policies about it, they are keeping everything very quiet and quite boring to my taste.

RIM, just like apple, is planning on pushing a new storm every year, and that is something I heard off since september of last year, so this year we should see a storm 3 fooo soooo.
    04-26-10 02:41 AM
    I don't see the point in holding back an LTE device that is ready for end of this year. It will just run on 3G until LTE hits your market, which should be in the life of the device, unless you are in bumblefrack nowhere. And I think the quote from VZW was less concrete than people say. He said they expected devices in mid 2011 but that everything is going faster than they expected.

Either way, as I understand it they are having some issues with the 4G to 3G handoff. Nothing showstopping, but they are sweating a bit now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-10 06:29 AM
    Sure would be nice to at least hear something about the S3 in the coming days at WES. Maybe even a demo with OS 6.0 working on it. Something if there's gonna be no leaks anymore cause that news just really went from suck to blow....
    I may be forced to get the 9650 just to hold me over till the S3. And did I hear correctly that the 9650 will be released with the Webkit browser on it? I was confused on kevin's article....?
    04-26-10 10:42 AM
    Ok........I see what ya'll saying. I really hope ya'll right and I kinda do think that whole LTE devices being released in early 2011 being a loose statement. I love my 8900 but I want a touch screen BB real bad and I don't think I can wait past december for a new phone. Lol and no the slider doesn't cut it for me......not with no 360x480 screen.

Yeah Sal it has been VERY stale lately. I've been almost praying to find new news on some of these sites only to be disappointed. Only way this is gonna be acceptable by me is if RIM is planning to really wow us tomorrow. Lol I need some more storm3 info
    04-26-10 11:05 AM
    What will be interesting now is that Since they pulled the 9650 back and upped the memory from 256 to 512, what will the S3 have? Early preprod models reportedly had 512, but will they bump that up? With the HTC incredible sitting on 8 gb of internal memory that Android will soon be able to use for apps, it is surly interesting to see how they proceed.
    04-26-10 11:28 AM
    What will be interesting now is that Since they pulled the 9650 back and upped the memory from 256 to 512, what will the S3 have? Early preprod models reportedly had 512, but will they bump that up? With the HTC incredible sitting on 8 gb of internal memory that Android will soon be able to use for apps, it is surly interesting to see how they proceed.
    Ha man I swear that's what I was just about to ask you. Knowing RIM though.....I'm sure that 512 will be the new standard for all BB's for the next year and a half lol. OS 6 doesn't look a whole lot different (though I'm sure they got some surprises) but honestly, if all they changed was that you can now save apps to the sd card, and cut down that GOD AWFUL rebot time.....lol well that would make me happier than a fat kid with cake ha.

RIM is talking about these new super apps, and with the new games with Open GL RIM knows they gotta give us a lot more room for space when it comes to these apps. It will be interesting to see how things go tomorrow. Damn RIM.....leak us somethin lol
    04-26-10 12:42 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD