According to Engadget it may be true, along with the Curve 3 (probably 9300) and possibly BB tablet.
    Verizon leaks another Droid 2, getting BlackBerry Storm 3, Curve 3, 10.1-inch tablet later this year? -- Engadget
    07-19-10 02:45 AM
    I Don't think endgaget has given us more details than a date of release. Atleast we know that it still in pipeline. I am still waiting to understand what we have in store as specs and OS for Storm3. I am holding on my upgrade till I get more details about storm3 and it very hard
    07-19-10 11:00 AM
    07-19-10 02:27 PM
    i was about to post that same link...i had an upgrade too. ..glad i used it on the droidX..
    07-19-10 02:39 PM
    To be fair, there is no date on that training slide, and at least some of the insider voices here have pointed to a larger refresh of hardware (I don't think anyone expected a huge change to the overall form factor).

That said, that slide isn't exactly blowing my skirt up, so right now I'm feeling pretty good about using my ne2 upgrade also...but here's hoping the final version will prove otherwise!
    07-19-10 02:59 PM
    If Engadget is right and the RAM is only 512 MB, I give up. After all the OS 6 size and memory requirement are presumably much higher. That would not leave much memory space for apps - again. Has RIM not learned anything from their difficulties with S1 andS2?
    07-19-10 03:30 PM
    This is a "refresh", just like the "refresh" of the 9700 to 9700(a)... I don't believe its the S3.
    07-19-10 03:36 PM
    If Engadget is right and the RAM is only 512 MB, I give up. After all the OS 6 size and memory requirement are presumably much higher. That would not leave much memory space for apps - again. Has RIM not learned anything from their difficulties with S1 andS2?
    Not likely. They have GM-itis. They appear to be moribund and unable to see the world changing around them.

OK, maybe that isn't fair, but they seem to be making the same mistakes time and again, just producing something that is functional today without regard for what will be necessary in two years (the common length of a cell contract here in the US). UGH!

Scott
    07-19-10 04:16 PM
    I disagree, I have the 9650 and have it LOADED with apps. Most of which I do not use on a regular basis that I could do without and I still have 275 mb free for additional applications. Even if OS 6 takes half of that 512 mb, there should be plenty of room for apps. I do not think this will be another storm 1 after the 5.0 upgrade. IMO.
    07-19-10 04:19 PM
    AFAIK RIM rarely does mid year refreshes, and none so far in the Storm series. In that case this would be the S3 for the year........Weak....
    07-19-10 04:23 PM
    I disagree, I have the 9650 and have it LOADED with apps. Most of which I do not use on a regular basis that I could do without and I still have 275 mb free for additional applications. Even if OS 6 takes half of that 512 mb, there should be plenty of room for apps. I do not think this will be another storm 1 after the 5.0 upgrade. IMO.
    Um, what are you disagreeing with? Knowing helps in understanding the context in which you are writing your reply...

Scott
    07-20-10 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD