01-25-11 01:25 PM
57 123
tools
    I read the other day that Verizon is doing away wih its NE2 program; how this will effect current users, I am not sure. Mine is up 6/2011 so I am interested as well.

Not sure that was true, I was just on their site and they are offering the IPhone for 199 on a NE2, and the faq's say it eligible as an upgrade for current ne2 customers
    01-11-11 03:40 PM
    What i have read was the VZW is doing away with the early upgrades. Now it stands that someone can upgrade after 18 months. They are supposed to be changing that to where you now have to wait the full 24 months.

Not sure that was true, I was just on their site and they are offering the IPhone for 199 on a NE2, and the faq's say it eligible as an upgrade for current ne2 customers
    01-11-11 05:21 PM
    What i have read was the VZW is doing away with the early upgrades. Now it stands that someone can upgrade after 18 months. They are supposed to be changing that to where you now have to wait the full 24 months.
    What the heck are they thinking? Do they really expect to retain customers that are basically forced to stay with broken/outdated phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 05:23 PM
    you can all sign 1 year contract and upgrade after 10 months. Also everyone should be grandfathered in if you sign before Jan 16 but the next contract you sign will change and you will no longer have the NE2 discount
    01-11-11 06:46 PM
    Well, from CES so far, no phone announcements at all...it's been all PlayBook!
    I agree wholeheartedly man. I almost flipped at the rep. I actually have had the storm2 and storm1 before it... Now I'm also rocking the Torch and Storm2. When i walked into Verizon yesterday, the rep literally said the following when i showed the Torch and what it can do, and what I want. "The droids are the best thing out there. Plus there's all the talk about the iPhone coming at the end of the month". Then she hands me her Droid X as if I haven't seen that thing before.. I almost snapped it in half...

Verizon has lost all interest in BlackBerry and doesn't give a damn about OS6 updates, Storm refreshes, Storm3. They just don't care nor will they until QNX comes out with high powered hardware. As a result of that, I'm debating just going on further with the Torch and AT&T.
    01-11-11 08:57 PM
    I agree wholeheartedly man. I almost flipped at the rep. I actually have had the storm2 and storm1 before it... Now I'm also rocking the Torch and Storm2. When i walked into Verizon yesterday, the rep literally said the following when i showed the Torch and what it can do, and what I want. "The droids are the best thing out there. Plus there's all the talk about the iPhone coming at the end of the month". Then she hands me her Droid X as if I haven't seen that thing before.. I almost snapped it in half...

Verizon has lost all interest in BlackBerry and doesn't give a damn about OS6 updates, Storm refreshes, Storm3. They just don't care nor will they until QNX comes out with high powered hardware. As a result of that, I'm debating just going on further with the Torch and AT&T.
    I, For once, agree with verizon. They are abandoning a company that has confirmed they aren't interested in the retail market or 4g. I might jump ship too when the iphone arrives. As much as I love my blackberry, I'm not going to sit around for another year until rim decides they want to be competitive.

01-11-11 09:06 PM
    If you don't mind me asking; What kind of BlackBerry do you have? I ask becuase OS6 is highly underrated. The phone doesn't necessarily need to have the most powerful processor. It does need to have one that gets the job done very efficiently. This Torch is great. The apps are limited and severely lacking- yes, but the developers have the means to port their apps over now. RIM already offered them the way to convert any app they make so it can run on the BlackBerry phones.

Once flash comes along on OS6, the games should be there waiting. Will this processor and lower end battery be sufficient for flash? That's a more pressing concern to me.

01-11-11 09:50 PM
    If you don't mind me asking; What kind of BlackBerry do you have? I ask becuase OS6 is highly underrated. The phone doesn't necessarily need to have the most powerful processor. It does need to have one that gets the job done very efficiently. This Torch is great. The apps are limited and severely lacking- yes, but the developers have the means to port their apps over now. RIM already offered them the way to convert any app they make so it can run on the BlackBerry phones.

Once flash comes along on OS6, the games should be there waiting. Will this processor and lower end battery be sufficient for flash? That's a more pressing concern to me.

you arent going to have flash on OS6 nor will it run well on the phones. You will get flash with QNX
    01-11-11 10:03 PM
    Has this been stated or even hinted anywhere? Because I've not seen that.

01-11-11 10:34 PM
    I, For once, agree with verizon. They are abandoning a company that has confirmed they aren't interested in the retail market or 4g. I might jump ship too when the iphone arrives. As much as I love my blackberry, I'm not going to sit around for another year until rim decides they want to be competitive.

you might want to wait cause VZW IPhone is 3g...
    01-12-11 03:45 PM
    you might want to wait cause VZW IPhone is 3g...
    True... Droid? Samsung? What's the best 4g VZ phone out right now?

01-12-11 03:57 PM
    I am hoping this phone has
    5 or 8 MP camera
    QNX OS
    Wi-Fi
    4G a plus but not mandatory
    a freakin battery that lasts all day
    01-12-11 04:26 PM
    I've pretty much lost all hope...besides, I've managed to find all the apps to do what I liked about my Storm 2 except for making playlists, which I'm sure there'll be a reputable apply out soon.

Don't get me wrong...I really wanted the Storm 3, but as more 4G phones come out and my company prepares to support both Droid and iPhones, my S3 interest is quickly fading...
    01-12-11 06:07 PM
    Just popped up at berryreview.com more chatter in the pipeline, take it with a grain of salt.

BlackBerry Storm 3 Rumors Rise Again €“ Headed to Production? - BerryReview

After we leaked a picture of one of the BlackBerry Storm 3 prototypes the rumors about the device started getting confusing. Now the team at N4BB have heard from one of their tipsters that the Storm 3 may be finally headed to production. It is still codenamed the BlackBerry Monaco and rumor has it that SurePress is gone for good. The 1Ghz processor is still rumored to be included but it might sport a horizontal keyboard instead of the vertical one on the Torch. This would round out the leaks we have been hearing about all the other device lines other than the Pearl getting a refresh and add yet another form factor for RIM.

This is definitely turning out to be an interesting week for RIM leaks. I know Verizon users really need a new BlackBerry so hopefully they will be getting a new Storm along with other devices soon.
    Last edited by espresso1967; 01-14-11 at 05:19 AM.
    01-14-11 04:56 AM
    The Monaco (Storm3) is not supposed to have a slider. If it does, and they remove thh SurePress, then it isn't a Storm anymore. It's a totally different animal at that point. It would just be a Torch....

The 9570 was the model associated with what we knew as the Storm2.5 or Odin Refresh. The masses were just adamant in calling it the Storm3. 2.5 wouldn't have gone well with the crowd. Anyway, that version was canceled. So the next version that was being made was recognized as a Storm4 by the masses, when in fact it was supposed to be the 3. Ugh, my head is hurting.

The point is, the Storm should always be a full touch screen without a slider. It should always have the option for SurePress, and just keep improving the overall specs. I would've gladly welcomed the refresh over my weak 9550. I was essentially forced to AT&T by Verizon's lack of OS6 supported devices. If the Storm3 follows me there, I'll be one happy camper. Until then, Torch2 is coming and I'm diving for that phone.

01-14-11 07:13 AM
    Eight hours later this pops up.

Exclusive: BlackBerry Storm 3 shows up, tells all | BGR | Boy Genius Report

You thought we were done revealing RIM’s 2011 BlackBerry lineup? Not quite yet. In addition to the new BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve, and BlackBerry Torch 2, we have received photos and information about the BlackBerry Storm 3. The specifications on the Storm 3 are pretty impressive and will definitely position this Storm sequel nicely among other top-of-market handsets. It also will feature the highest resolution display to ever ship on a BlackBerry smartphone — a 800 x 480-pixel display and yes, it will have an optical trackpad (though we’re not sure why). Here is the thing, it’s entirely possible RIM will change the Storm branding on the device — codenames are Monaca and Monza for the global devices — we’ll have to wait and see. We have all the specs after the break!
    •1.2GHz processor
    •3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    •Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    •Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    •5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    •8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    •microSD slot
    •Magnetometer
    •Proximity sensor
    •Accelerometer
    •Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    •2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    •3G Mobile hotspot
    •Optical trackpad
    •1230 mAh battery
    •BlackBerry OS 6.1
    •OpenGL ES 2.0
    The BlackBerry Storm 3 looks good for a release around September of this year, and from what we have been told, the Storm 3 will launch in two or possibly three versions globally.
    01-14-11 10:11 AM

You thought we were done revealing RIMs 2011 BlackBerry lineup? Not quite yet. In addition to the new BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve, and BlackBerry Torch 2, we have received photos and information about the BlackBerry Storm 3. The specifications on the Storm 3 are pretty impressive and will definitely position this Storm sequel nicely among other top-of-market handsets. It also will feature the highest resolution display to ever ship on a BlackBerry smartphone a 800 x 480-pixel display and yes, it will have an optical trackpad (though were not sure why). Here is the thing, its entirely possible RIM will change the Storm branding on the device codenames are Monaca and Monza for the global devices well have to wait and see. We have all the specs after the break!
    1.2GHz processor
    3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    microSD slot
    Magnetometer
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    3G Mobile hotspot
    Optical trackpad
    1230 mAh battery
    BlackBerry OS 6.1
    OpenGL ES 2.0
    The BlackBerry Storm 3 looks good for a release around September of this year, and from what we have been told, the Storm 3 will launch in two or possibly three versions globally.
    Not QNX, but DAMN that sounds sweet

01-14-11 10:44 AM
    that battery is so frakking small its not even funny
    01-14-11 11:58 AM
    True... Droid? Samsung? What's the best 4g VZ phone out right now?

Phones won't utilize 4g till 2012, at least.
    01-14-11 09:43 PM
    Phones won't utilize 4g till 2012, at least.
    Actually Q1/Q2 2011. HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid Bionic, and the Samsung SCH-i520.
    01-15-11 02:32 PM
    Actually Q1/Q2 2011. HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, Motorola Droid Bionic, and the Samsung SCH-i520.
    Umm, I said utilize. 4g will not be truly impactful until late 2011/2012. There, I budged a little.
    01-15-11 07:15 PM
    Umm, I said utilize. 4g will not be truly impactful until late 2011/2012. There, I budged a little.
    True, it may not truly impact the nation, but it will impact the millions that buy the LTE phones that are coming out in the next couple months. 2011 should be an exciting year for LTE as more and more phones come out.
    01-15-11 09:15 PM
    I think the point about LTE is not matter if the person has it available in their coverage area right now, but if that person signs a 2 year (read 20 month) contract, chances are that LTE will certainly become available to them within that time frame.
    01-15-11 09:42 PM

You thought we were done revealing RIMs 2011 BlackBerry lineup? Not quite yet. In addition to the new BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve, and BlackBerry Torch 2, we have received photos and information about the BlackBerry Storm 3. The specifications on the Storm 3 are pretty impressive and will definitely position this Storm sequel nicely among other top-of-market handsets. It also will feature the highest resolution display to ever ship on a BlackBerry smartphone a 800 x 480-pixel display and yes, it will have an optical trackpad (though were not sure why). Here is the thing, its entirely possible RIM will change the Storm branding on the device codenames are Monaca and Monza for the global devices well have to wait and see. We have all the specs after the break!
    1.2GHz processor
    3.7-inch 800 x 480 capacitive display
    Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
    Tri-band UMTS/HSPA
    5-megapixel camera with 720p video recording
    8GB eMMC (storage for apps and data), 512MB of RAM
    microSD slot
    Magnetometer
    Proximity sensor
    Accelerometer
    Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
    2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz a/n Wi-Fi + UMA
    3G Mobile hotspot
    Optical trackpad
    1230 mAh battery
    BlackBerry OS 6.1
    OpenGL ES 2.0

Oh, I so want there to be another Storm. I love my SurePress screen!
    01-19-11 10:48 AM
    it wont have surepress
    01-19-11 10:53 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD