12-23-09 01:51 AM
47 12
tools
    Id love for RIM to stick a Tegra chip in this thing. From the few videos that i saw from the conference, it looked like all the new fancy pants UI stuff that was being made was demo-ed on the Storm2, but it ran atrociously slow

RIM really need to come out with something brilliant with this seen as this is going to be their one range which has direct competition with the new phones coming out - I want to be amazed when I jump from Storm1 to Storm3!
    11-30-09 07:38 PM
    Let me add multichannel sound support. I am sick of media player or slacker getting jacked when an alert sounds. If they can't do that then at least put some options in the OS to handle that better. Like go to vibrate when playing music, or pause music when alerts fire etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 05:11 PM
    Next storm hspa for telus new network

12-12-09 11:47 AM
    lol wow... this kind of stuff already?
    I agree all phones all carriers I would love to be able to get the bold 9700 for verizon

12-12-09 03:35 PM
    Verizon can keep the craptacular Storm series. GSM carriers can take on the Talladega and Dakota.
    12-12-09 07:56 PM
    Verizon can keep the craptacular Storm series. GSM carriers can take on the Talladega and Dakota.
    What's a Talladega?
    12-15-09 03:00 PM
    What's a Talladega?

It's the Blackberry Touchscreen slider ( Mr.T )
    12-16-09 08:58 AM
    Here is a image of what it may look like
    12-17-09 09:28 AM
    sign me up looks good to me i wonder how storm 4 would look
    12-17-09 10:11 AM
    I though RIM has indicated it is more like the Palm Pre where the Keyboard slides out in Portrait and not in Landscape.

Also I don't think this is the Storm 3. I believe they also said the Slider is a different device from the Storm 3.
    12-17-09 12:55 PM
    For those of you saying it is too soon...it is in development.

A few folks accepted to be "In the Know" have confirmed this as well as that it will be LTE. If RIM sticks to the Annual release pace they have already established with S1 to S2, and that Apple laid out with I Phone, 3G, and 3 GS we can expect this late in 2010, early in 2011. VZW plans to be LTE in all their major markets by end of 2010, so it would have to be LTE otherwise it would be like when Original Iphone came out without 3 G.

Aside from that I think it is hard to say. RIM has the decide if they are "All in" or not with the Storm Line up. So I say if they are serious the device will have:

1. Screen - OLED or High Res Screen. At least same as Droid
    2. Chip Set - Fastest available Chip set (I have no idea what LTE brings in as far as Chips go)
    3. Memory - New Architecture that allows App memory similar to I Phone. They could either increase the flash memory 10 fold, or they could allow apps to run off internal Memory and just make that high speed memory for better performance. So either like 16 GB of flash, or 256 Flash memory for OS, and 16 GB of Internal Memory that Apps or Media can run from.
    4. Software/OS - OS has to take advantage of Graphics Acceleration so that Eye candy Features do not drain the performance. There has to be dedicated "Desktop" for Widgets, and RIM has to develop several Widgets as part of the OS, like Social Media, Weather, News, etc. OS would be a factor in ability to use Memory differently allowing the Apps to live outside the flash memory

If they are not "All in" we are looking at minor screen updates (maybe 8 piezio disks or whatever), 512 flash memory, 4 GB Internal, up to 32 GB SD card. VZW will probably throw a 16 GB or 32 GB card in. The OS will be same basic java app with the updated browser we know is coming but no real push to integrate Widgets and Graphic acceleration into the OS.

In reality I bet we get something in between the 2 pictures I am painting. The big x factor is how RIM will deal with App Memory. I mean if they can update OS and allow Apps to install to Internal memory then the Storm 1 is a whole other animal with 128 just for the OS and 1 GB for apps. I think that also opens the Dorri for Open GL Support. But as I understand it the memory used for the internal mem on S and S2 is not high speed and would not perform well.

Wow I typed a lot. Feel Free to flame away. LOL
    If RIM can stick with the high-end specs (faster proc, more flash mem, better input, etc), I'd definitely dig this. I currently use a BB Tour (which I love), but I'd pay full retail for next-gen Storm that had a speedier proc, more flash mem for apps, and a much improved touch screen and input.
    12-17-09 07:10 PM
    True. It will be interesting to see what S3 is. Considering RIMs financial reports it seems that they are doing well, so I am not expecting major innovation. Seems to me they try a convert us S1 users to a minor revision of the S2. I truly hope not, and looking at the HTC road map and what Android devices look like and the supposed I phone 4, it would be a crime if they bump up the S3 specs a bit and send it on its way.

12-17-09 08:10 PM
    it needs to come in a straight from the carrier GSM version, we want some touch screen blackberry also
    12-17-09 09:32 PM
    While non of the Storms have impressed me, I think it really comes down to OS, this thing needs a major revamp. I'm not saying to get widgets and all this other stuff but just make the damn thing work smoothly. Leaked memory is ***** and battery pulls being a standard thing is BS.
    12-20-09 08:53 PM
    What's a Talladega?
    It's the same as the Storm2 except faster and it makes left turns only...

12-21-09 01:15 AM
    I think the Storm should stay on verizon..just like the Bold stays on AT&T. I personally think then when the Storm 3 comes out it will probably be another mark setter. Especially if the iPhone comes to verizon then the Storm 3 needs to blow that away. I think all the problems and wishes people have for the Storm series will come true whenever this one comes out.
    12-21-09 03:21 AM
    I though RIM has indicated it is more like the Palm Pre where the Keyboard slides out in Portrait and not in Landscape.

Also I don't think this is the Storm 3. I believe they also said the Slider is a different device from the Storm 3.

Salomondrin said Landscape !!
    12-21-09 11:24 AM
    The patten application RIM filed showed a landscape keyboard design. But who knows?
    12-21-09 02:27 PM
    I also think it might run on a 4G netwok by the time it comes out, since carriers have been talking about that.
    12-22-09 02:34 AM
    LOL. See how little we know. We need someone to sneak out a photo of this thing! Or a spec sheet.

12-22-09 07:35 AM
    We want BIGGER screen resolution !!!
    12-23-09 12:03 AM
    Not a physical keyboard on it at all. Keep the Storm line keyboard free. If they want to make some other new hybrid phone, feel free, but continue to make an entire touchscreen one.

Refine SurePress, make it even better then S2.

Honestly, Id be happy with a larger S2 (due to larger improved screen, with a higher res) that was packin beefier specs under the hood. More memory, faster processor, improved graphics processing, improve the camera, stronger battery, etc. The technology is already there, RIM has no reason to not use it.

I wont get into the OS, as I dont feel that should be an S3-only thing. But I would like to see an OS option to turn off the click for the core applications/functions. Like say you want to click for the homescreen navigation, but prefer just touch for typing.

But please, dont even stick a keyboard on it.
    12-23-09 01:51 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD