Does anyone know what network the storm 3 will be released on? Is the storm 3 the slider? Do you think networks will give a free upgrade from the storm 2 like they did for people coming from the original storm to the storm 2?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 11:41 AM
    The Storm has been branded specifically for Verizon. The slider 9800 is not the storm 3 and no.
    05-06-10 11:47 AM
    Do you think networks will give a free upgrade from the storm 2 like they did for people coming from the original storm to the storm 2?

Um...what?!? Did I miss the boat on this one? I certainly did not get a "free upgrade".

What they will do, especially it seems for folks who have been with Verizon for a while, is make special offers to allow people to upgrade at the 2-year contract price (with a contract extension, natch).

It seems I get an email once or twice a year telling me I'm eligible to "upgrade" to certain devices (always the newest, most highly publicized ones) in this manner, even though I may have only had my current device for less than a year.

It's not a bad deal, but I don't remember hearing of too many people getting "free" upgrades. I'd be a bit upset they were handing those out and I missed getting one.
    05-06-10 12:25 PM
    Um...what?!? Did I miss the boat on this one? I certainly did not get a "free upgrade".

What they will do, especially it seems for folks who have been with Verizon for a while, is make special offers to allow people to upgrade at the 2-year contract price (with a contract extension, natch).

It seems I get an email once or twice a year telling me I'm eligible to "upgrade" to certain devices (always the newest, most highly publicized ones) in this manner, even though I may have only had my current device for less than a year.

It's not a bad deal, but I don't remember hearing of too many people getting "free" upgrades. I'd be a bit upset they were handing those out and I missed getting one.
    No, there were no free upgrades for Storm 2 users. There was a weekend discount for the Storm 2, and that's all. However, to be completely honest, I would wait before betting whether RIM is going to release a touchscreen phone that can compare with the upcoming 2010 market - Will the Storm 3 be rushed like its predecessors?
    05-06-10 12:35 PM
    If the storm 3 isn't the slider then what are the pictures of the slider blackberry? And also what is the storm 3 supposed to look like?
    The Storm has been branded specifically for Verizon. The slider 9800 is not the storm 3 and no.
    05-06-10 12:50 PM
    Moving thread to Upcoming Devices Forum
    05-06-10 12:56 PM
    The slider is a 9800 not a storm3 there has not been any leaked pics or anything yet so no one really know except those claming to have handled it. its up to each individual person to decide wether they believe if the people who claimed to have used it really have or not. personally i believe it.
    Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3
    Last edited by Seymour324; 05-06-10 at 01:06 PM. Reason: bad link
    05-06-10 01:05 PM
    6 months and no new info? I can't draw too many conclusions from that. Device scrapped? Jlevy for not see a protype S3 (my sources say flash not working on browser in 2009. ).

05-06-10 01:39 PM
    Try reading the front page of crackberry. Almost all of these questions have been answered in detail in the recent blogs.

05-06-10 02:53 PM
    what is the storm 3 supposed to look like?
    Pretty much like the current Storm/2. It's possible that it could be thinner and/or more streamlined, but outside of internal changes, it won't be a drastic redesigned.
    05-07-10 05:08 PM

Verizon did about a month long promotion only for Storm 1 owners at the end of 2009 (November) that allowed any current 9530 owner to upgrade early without any penalty and at discounted pricing (aka new contract pricing). The VZW reps and staff int he stores were oblivious to this, but the marketing department wasn't... There was a special phone number printed on the email flyer that connected you to VZW marketing... Seemed kind of sketchy to me, but it was legit.

EDIT: The flyer stated that you could upgrade early to the Storm 2 or the Droid
    05-17-10 07:57 PM
    Just in case no one remembers, here ya go:

Seems kinda weird that both phones are still that price with new contracts!
    Last edited by sf18443; 05-17-10 at 08:02 PM. Reason: elaboration
    05-17-10 07:58 PM
    Verizon phone rep moved up my NE2 on Thurs to be available immediately from Oct. She said that new S2 pricing will hit around 5/26. Anyone else hear of this?
    05-17-10 09:54 PM
    Is there ANY truth to this Storm 3 rumor? I'm thinking about upgrading to the Storm 2, but I don't want to if the 3 will be out soon.

07-05-10 03:19 PM
    Is there ANY truth to this Storm 3 rumor? I'm thinking about upgrading to the Storm 2, but I don't want to if the 3 will be out soon.

Storm 3 is coming out regardless if the rumoured specs are true or false. Storm 3 will be better then the the Storm 2 ( This is naturally a given)

So NO, do not upgrade to a storm 2. Storm 3 is coming sometime within the next 6 months. I say wait. As will I
    07-05-10 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD