Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-23-10 08:47 AM
    Anyone else have any info? This was on BBMCHAT's twitter today.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-23-10 08:48 AM
    That would be fracking SWEET!! Now if we could just get some specs on it....
    03-23-10 09:12 AM
    Why would this be sweet? Who's going to have LTE rolled out by October 28th? And wtf is this, add 4 days to every Storm release date? Guys, hold the date. November 6th, 2012, the Storm 5 is coming out. It makes waffles.
    03-23-10 09:16 AM
    Nice, I'll need a new waffle maker by then!!

It say LTE COMPATABLE, not strictly LTE!! If you wanna rain on the parade thou you've gotten off on a good foot....
    Last edited by MattyG27; 03-23-10 at 09:27 AM.
    03-23-10 09:23 AM
    Oh sorry. I don't really know much about LTE. I assumed it was like some next-gen technology (ie. like Telus' CDMA - HSPA+ jump), where it wouldn't be reverse compatible with old technologies.

Regardless, I'm not going to get myself too excited until more information comes out. Unless it's HSPA+ compatible so Telus can get it (God forbid it be a CDMA phone again..), I have no hope for seeing another Storm on Telus until they make one SIM card capable.
    03-23-10 09:38 AM
    Your right GlitchZero I don't know much about LTE either. However, it does say compatable so I'm assuming it would be backward compatable with whatever network it's on(Verizon probably). I was just messing with you thou...

Point is, like you said, it would be nice to see some more information in general on LTE. I would like more info on the S3 thou. I'm still on an S1 and although I could upgrade I don't feel its necessary and am trying to be patient for the S3.
    03-23-10 10:23 AM
    This phone is very very far from release, no one will know if it even is LTE compatible or hardly any legit specs at the moment.
    03-23-10 02:50 PM
    Where might you be getting this info from might I ask?
    03-23-10 02:59 PM
    Look up LTE in Wikipedia for more info. It is 4G. VZW will be in 25 to 30 markets by end of 2010. Any 4G device will be backward compatible, just like your 3G device also picked up 1x signal when 3 g drops. Look up Qualcomm LTE chipsets they support just about every other band on earth.

It is far away for S3, but everyone who has claimed inside info has said it would be LTE capable. Only the comments by VZW that they expect LTE handsets in mid 2011 seems to have indicated otherwise. If RIM really gets the first LTE smartphonenout there we'd all be shocked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 07:28 PM
    BBMCHAT usually has reliable info but I'm going to wait and see. I'm waiting for what they announce in April before looking to see what they will release in November.

03-23-10 08:11 PM
    I knew that LTE was 4g technology. What I meant was I wasn't sure of it's backward capabilites with 3g, really I guess I should've figured it was but just wasn't sure.
    Also what I'm a lil confused about is why Sprint's 4g tech doesn't mention anything about LTE? Are they not using the same sort of chip or is it actually a different sort of tech that is utilized for theirs? Maybe I'm just ignorant and just not realizing that it really is LTE.
    While the S3 may be some 8 months or more away I'm still just anxious to hear info about it. Especially with all these other touchscreen phones coming out from HTC, the Nexus One looks nice if it comes to Verizon. The HTC Evo4G for Sprint looks awesome. I would just like more info on the S3 to know if it's actually worth waiting for, since I'm sitting with a weak @$$ S1 still. I obviously have saw the RIM almost consistently underdelivers but maybe things will start to change with OS 6, the new Web Kit and hopefully a few other surprises, maybe not, but you can always dream or should I say hope and pray???
    03-23-10 08:16 PM
    Sprint using Wimax and everyone else will use LTE.

I doubt this though, think about it, LTE has yet to even come out fully, has it been fully developed in Europe? Because if not, I don't see BB supporting it, until that has happened.

ITs like video game makers and console makers. Yeah, you can release an accessory, but until the console maker demonstrates a great game to use the add on with, that idea wont get picked up ASAP. It took BB a long time to get 3G into its GSM phones....
    03-23-10 08:43 PM
    Why would this be sweet? Who's going to have LTE rolled out by October 28th? And wtf is this, add 4 days to every Storm release date? Guys, hold the date. November 6th, 2012, the Storm 5 is coming out. It makes waffles.
    Thank god, I would love a waffle maker.
    03-26-10 09:42 PM
    im currently running a 4G (LTE) usb data stick in the UK, and can confirm that it (im sure hardware/software mix is required) is 100% compatible with 3G, as thats what im running on, it would make sense for the storm3 to have LTE, as some phones (see android) are being announced now with it, i expect to see it as `commonplace` a feature as 3G is now by the end of 2010

also to bolster the LTE claims, vodafone uk (had exclusivity on S1 and S2 but for only 6 months) do have a LTE network, very small at the mo, but being rolled out 2010/11 so as you`d expect them to have the storm3 it kinda all ties in nicely

that said, thats making facts fit theory whereas you need theory to fit the facts
    03-26-10 11:42 PM
    I am not sure how current or relevant they are but are interesting if you know very little about it like I do.
    03-27-10 09:09 AM
    This is all interesting, but yeah I'd suppose the bb LTE handset is more of a 2011 type date, I suppose?

04-01-10 09:26 AM
    i dont know about all of that but i know verizon which is rim baby dont want LTE in there system rite now so thats a next year discussion
    04-01-10 04:47 PM