01-08-10 04:48 PM
40 12
tools
    I've seen the pre style slider in the wild in the possession of RIM employees....won't say anymore than that for obvious reasons...its bad a$$

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    in conjunction with my previous post, i would even more like to see this style of phone (as opposed to the STUPID landscape slideout keyboard), if RIM REEEEALLY feels that it's necessary to make a 13-16 year old kids demographic slider style phone.

summary: Sliders suck, portrait slider>landscape slider, RIM is pissing me off
    01-06-10 06:14 AM
    non capacitive screen? why
    01-06-10 07:35 AM
    There was a rumored slider but there never gonna do it with the storm though I would love a slider it would prob start beating out the Sidekick(hardly but it would be nice) Storm 3 maybe I will wait for that who knows

01-06-10 08:29 PM
    I'll wait it out til April to see what RIM shows off...If it's not all its hyped to be...I'll be moving on to a VZW N1
    01-07-10 12:05 AM
    a Storm with a keyboard might sway me back...but it would be a hard sell as I don't care for bulky phones
    01-07-10 08:14 AM
    I really hope they dont put a sliding keyboard on the next version of the storm. I will not want it if they do.
    01-07-10 11:40 AM
    I really hope they dont put a sliding keyboard on the next version of the storm. I will not want it if they do.
    I think there will be a slider, but it won't be the S3
    01-07-10 12:09 PM
    The Storm's hallmark is the SurePress screen. Adding a physical keyboard (slider or not) would deviate from the Storm name, and the device would not be a Storm.

Word on the street is that the Storm3 improves the SurePress found in the Storm2 (expected). I wonder what they mean by that? And what does the 5.1 OS user interface look like? Is it anything like the current 4.6-5.0 appearance?
    01-07-10 02:52 PM
    The Storm's hallmark is the SurePress screen. Adding a physical keyboard (slider or not) would deviate from the Storm name, and the device would not be a Storm.

Word on the street is that the Storm3 improves the SurePress found in the Storm2 (expected). I wonder what they mean by that? And what does the 5.1 OS user interface look like? Is it anything like the current 4.6-5.0 appearance?
    Maybe it'll be a completely new device and not be part of the Storm brand
    01-07-10 04:39 PM
    Pfffftttttt
    01-07-10 04:52 PM
    ITA that vertical sliders are the way to go. I love physical keyboards, but I admit I'm jealous of the lovely big screens of the S1 and S2. Especially for Google Maps, which I use all the time.

I'd even take a slightly longer Tour or Bold, with a short physical keyboard at the bottom and a larger screen area!

01-07-10 08:52 PM
    I am extremely interested in this phone can't wait to get more information on it.

01-08-10 09:14 AM
    A better thread about this is here. It won't have a slider keyboard according to this source and review thank goodness! I want all touch no sliders thanks. Though it looks like the slider will be a different phone altogether released this year as well.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/han...rm-3-a-393674/

Also a link to the review which makes me envious and want more

Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3 - MyDroidWorld
    01-08-10 01:26 PM
    I'm waiting on the tour2 & it would be my very 1st BB but I wouldn't mind waiting for this to come out. NAH! lol
    01-08-10 01:39 PM
    RIM should give me one to test, I'd test the mess out of it. Haha.
    01-08-10 04:48 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD