I don't know if I should get the Storm 3 or wait for the Storm 4 lol. Only thing is we have yet to see any pictures or videos of an actual device prototype.

RIM to release BlackBerry Storm 3 this year?
    05-11-10 09:46 PM
    The source of that article is a few days old, here's another thread on it and the original article. Finally some info on the new Storm though, even if it isn't much.

RIM Prepping BlackBerry Tablet, Storm 3 and 4 - Tested

http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/rim...ed-com-466368/
    05-11-10 09:58 PM
    The only thing I can MAYBE gather from this article is that perhaps they are actually gonna finally put a substantial amount of App memory on the Storm to finally compete with the gaming capabilities of the iPhone.
    However, then the problem is that they are labeling the STORM 4, THE STORM 4, as the iPhone killer. Shouldn't the first Storm have been the iPhone killer?? Okay that's asking too much of RIM. However haven't they learned from the first two Storms? Why can't the Storm 3 be the iPhone killer?? I really don't like to use that term but I don't think there will ever be an actual iPhone killer anytime soon, if not at all.
    I'm sorry but this article just IMO reiterates how really behind RIM is in terms of devices. HTC is pushing out devices like the Incredible, Nexus One and EVO and RIM is just pushing reiterations of the same devices with a small upgrade over and over again.(Bold and Pearl 3G@WES) Now I understand RIM has been developing these devices for several years but shouldn't they be pushed with more technology as the market and competitors push out better tech?? What's wrong with this picture??
    RIM is developing a so called iPhone killer for 4Q 2011, which is basically 2012 and the biggest thing they have on it new is a magnetometer. Um it was 2009 and the iPhone 3GS already has a magnetometer if I'm not mistaken. So sorry to say but I don't think that will be killing any iPhones and making people jump to a Blackberry. The new iPhone is gonna have video calling with the front facing camera, a new OS with multi-tasking, and who knows what else. Basically a lot of the gripes people on here have had with the iPhone in general, besides the fact it's on AT&T which I understand is mostly terrible reception, Apple has slowly fixed, while RIM is SLOWLY developing the same devices. What's gonna happen when Apple develops an app like BBM and one ups RIM on that too, cause thats the only thing RIM seems to really be pushing these days to differentiate themselves for the consumer market. Then things will surely be much worse if the iPhone were to come to Verizon.
    Regardless I understand RIM will always have it's place cause of it's email and security. However, can't I get a competitive device that's up to par with market tech TODAY, now. I mean they haven't even released the 2nd Tour yet(Bold) and that is no where near up to par with ground beaking devices that are out now. I mean it was supposed to be released last year.
    Come on, how much longer do we have to wait RIM for you to step your game up??
    05-12-10 05:57 PM
    The only thing I can MAYBE gather from this article is that perhaps they are actually gonna finally put a substantial amount of App memory on the Storm to finally compete with the gaming capabilities of the iPhone.
    However, then the problem is that they are labeling the STORM 4, THE STORM 4, as the iPhone killer. Shouldn't the first Storm have been the iPhone killer?? Okay that's asking too much of RIM. However haven't they learned from the first two Storms? Why can't the Storm 3 be the iPhone killer?? I really don't like to use that term but I don't think there will ever be an actual iPhone killer anytime soon, if not at all.
    I'm sorry but this article just IMO reiterates how really behind RIM is in terms of devices. HTC is pushing out devices like the Incredible, Nexus One and EVO and RIM is just pushing reiterations of the same devices with a small upgrade over and over again.(Bold and Pearl 3G@WES) Now I understand RIM has been developing these devices for several years but shouldn't they be pushed with more technology as the market and competitors push out better tech?? What's wrong with this picture??
    RIM is developing a so called iPhone killer for 4Q 2011, which is basically 2012 and the biggest thing they have on it new is a magnetometer. Um it was 2009 and the iPhone 3GS already has a magnetometer if I'm not mistaken. So sorry to say but I don't think that will be killing any iPhones and making people jump to a Blackberry. The new iPhone is gonna have video calling with the front facing camera, a new OS with multi-tasking, and who knows what else. Basically a lot of the gripes people on here have had with the iPhone in general, besides the fact it's on AT&T which I understand is mostly terrible reception, Apple has slowly fixed, while RIM is SLOWLY developing the same devices. What's gonna happen when Apple develops an app like BBM and one ups RIM on that too, cause thats the only thing RIM seems to really be pushing these days to differentiate themselves for the consumer market. Then things will surely be much worse if the iPhone were to come to Verizon.
    Regardless I understand RIM will always have it's place cause of it's email and security. However, can't I get a competitive device that's up to par with market tech TODAY, now. I mean they haven't even released the 2nd Tour yet(Bold) and that is no where near up to par with ground beaking devices that are out now. I mean it was supposed to be released last year.
    Come on, how much longer do we have to wait RIM for you to step your game up??
    10 char.you are absoulutly right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-10 06:38 PM
    Hope they dont release a new one each year, that'll be bs
    05-12-10 08:03 PM
    Hope they dont release a new one each year, that'll be bs
    why not? innovation is welcomed in my books.
    05-13-10 03:37 AM
    Just want to notify that there is a CAD render of what it may look like, available On Flickr
    05-13-10 11:28 AM
    I'll wait for the Storm4. My S2 is fine for me now. When OS6 comes out for the S2, it's gonna rock.

I just hope that by then, we can get a stock battery that is up to the task of powering the S4. Either that, or I wish Otterbox would make a case specific for extended batteries. Either way, the S4 sounds cool. Hope it has built-in IR.
    05-13-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD