03-05-10 12:47 PM
81 1234
tools
    It was posted in this thread.

Hmm... They do look alike, don't they? The screen in the first pic looks just a bit wider to me though...
    Look "alike"?!? Them bitches are IDENTICAL!!! Look at the speaker cutout at the top and the LED hole. Also, look at the bottom of the screen... there's a taper for where it curves at the bottom... look close. Ding! 50,000 points to me.
    03-03-10 12:09 AM
    is that screen smaller than the Storm's? I can't really tell
    03-03-10 12:12 AM
    Yes, it's smaller based on the side by side with the Storm... Who thinks this is worth a new thread altogether now? lol
    03-03-10 12:13 AM
    Look "alike"?!? Them bitches are IDENTICAL!!! Look at the speaker cutout at the top and the LED hole. Also, look at the bottom of the screen... there's a taper for where it curves at the bottom... look close. Ding! 50,000 points to me.
    You're exactly right. But now, what does this mean? Does it confirm this is final hardware? Who knowssss...
    03-03-10 12:13 AM
    Yeah, you're right. I just noticed the tapering at the bottom.
    03-03-10 12:14 AM
    The slider device is obviously NEW tech design. It's using upside down send key and optical trackpad. If this was old stuff getting thrown out, I don't think it would have such newer tech onboard. Nes Pas?
    03-03-10 12:18 AM
    The slider device is obviously NEW tech design. It's using upside down send key and optical trackpad. If this was old stuff getting thrown out, I don't think it would have such newer tech onboard. Nes Pas?
    Agreed. I think it'll end up being what we are seeing when it hits the market. People are jumping the gun about this thing being "ugly". I dont know...I am gonna leave my judgement for when it is in my hand.
    03-03-10 12:20 AM
    Agreed. I think it'll end up being what we are seeing when it hits the market. People are jumping the gun about this thing being "ugly". I dont know...I am gonna leave my judgement for when it is in my hand.
    Its being judged ugly because thats how it looks, not how it works (Pre is ugly **** too, the OS is nice). Slider phones are boof as **** anyways and are always prone to damage simply from being a mechanical part. Hopefully there is something remotely powerful and a OS leaps and bounds over whats out now.

New form factor + same old tired OS =
    03-03-10 12:40 AM
    My cousin works for RIM in Waterloo and confirmed THIS IS IN FACT the BlackBerry slider code named Talladega. This is supposed to launch in early summer with the new OS 6.0 which is in his words revolutionary and awesome. This is exciting
    03-03-10 01:21 AM
    My cousin works for RIM in Waterloo and confirmed THIS IS IN FACT the BlackBerry slider code named Talladega. This is supposed to launch in early summer with the new OS 6.0 which is in his words revolutionary and awesome. This is exciting
    Congratulations. You just got your cousin fired. Nagh, I'm kidding.
    03-03-10 01:40 AM
    This is the last straw for me. Is RIM stuck in time? Really RIM? All this time and that is the best you can do?

Pathetic.
    03-03-10 02:36 AM
    Horizontal with a respectable screen size would have been nice. O well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 02:40 AM
    OS 6 isn't coming out til next year.... strange :P. OS 5.1 is coming out at the END of this year. Let's see what happens, of course I could be wrong! It tends to happen. But I'm just re-reporting the stuff I've seen / read. .

Salut to all
    03-03-10 04:01 AM
    Not sure what to say... I guess the only good sign is that they've removed Surepress yaaay!!!!
    03-03-10 06:50 AM
    Not sure what to say... I guess the only good sign is that they've removed Surepress yaaay!!!!
    RIM has stated numerous times that SurePress is "here to stay", even before the release of the Storm2.
    03-03-10 07:15 AM
    RIM has stated numerous times that SurePress is "here to stay", even before the release of the Storm2.
    Test - replies not working on oM5b2

03-03-10 08:03 AM
    Guess they work now.

03-03-10 08:04 AM
    I thought Talladega (Mr. T) was the code name for the Storm 3?
    Last edited by gafly; 03-03-10 at 09:05 AM.
    03-03-10 08:17 AM
    I think that refers to the Storm series. This isn't a Storm.
    03-03-10 08:50 AM
    I don't think the screen is going to click. It might be touchscreen based on the extra screen circuitry in the standalone pic of the screen (unless someone added the connector to the screen to throw everyone off). My guess is that this is what RIM decided to go with intead of the Magnum design. This way, they could have more screen realestate, give touchscreen users something new to use (those that don't like exposed keyboards) and also move old diehards (those that like physical keyboards) to the newer handset designs. It's their wannabe solution to touchscreen/keyboard problem. The only thing that'll suck is the OS... if it's not changed up and redesigned. I really do hope the new "revolutionary" OS is more then just a revamped theme layout. The guts of the current OS is just as much of a problem as is the physical UI of it.

What if they do something like this? Will it be enough to grab attention from people that currently think the UI is outdated? With the new changes will they also fix HTML rendering shortcomings and also remove download/email attachment/email size limits as well?

03-03-10 10:49 AM
    If they clean up those edges and get rid of some of that chrome it wouldnt look so damn tacky.
    03-03-10 10:54 AM
    the os will make or break this device.

hardware looks ok. i like the idea of the trackpad. looks like surepress will not be on board (a good thing) plus doesn't look like there's room for it anyway.

watching from afar...
    03-03-10 11:18 AM
    With the new changes will they also fix HTML rendering shortcomings and also remove download/email attachment/email size limits as well?
    Don't hold your breath there. Lazaridis rambled on and on and on at MWC about data compression and how there will be a shortage of resources soon. You're crazy if you think RIM will stop truncating emails and breaking HTML formats.
    03-03-10 11:33 AM
    I think it's fug - but no surepress is a mistake.

That's the best thing about the Storm.
    03-03-10 02:05 PM
    I think that refers to the Storm series. This isn't a Storm.
    That's true. Oh well. SurePress will be missed, but at least it has a physical keyboard.
    03-03-10 05:31 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD