03-05-10 11:47 AM
81 1234
tools
    Uh oh...Some one may be getting in trouble.
    03-02-10 06:59 PM
    the pic is on bgr and bbleaks
    03-02-10 07:01 PM
    Wow, that was fast. That proves it though, RIM doesn't waste their time hunting down photoshop jobs. That was the real deal.
    03-02-10 07:07 PM
    i thought rim wouldn't stick to this design. its so palm pre esque. well it gives slider folks what they have been wishing for.
    03-02-10 07:09 PM
    I really hope this is a shelved device. This is not the future of BlackBerry
    03-02-10 07:11 PM
    I am not worried about this model, this for those folks that has been asking for BB slider for the longest time. Actually to me this is the Magnum/Dakota/Whatever code name RIM picked off the map- model.
    03-02-10 07:14 PM
    It hasn't even been confirmed that this is an upcoming device....I'm sure RIM has hundreds of BB that never made it out and are sitting around in a vault somewhere.
    03-02-10 07:16 PM
    It does have the screen that surfaced not so long ago.
    03-02-10 07:30 PM
    oooh, I forgot about that screen pic... CX wouldn't have posted that if it was just a scrap heap idea.
    03-02-10 07:37 PM
    Looks like what I've been waiting for before I trade in my 9000. Please oh please be legit - with a touchscreen.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-02-10 07:37 PM
    Portrait slider? I don't know about that. I think a Bold-esque landscape slideout keyboard would be supreme. I'd still prefer the Storm series to remain keyboardless though. Hopefully this series is kept separate from Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 07:44 PM
    Portrait slider? I don't know about that. I think a Bold-esque landscape slideout keyboard would be supreme. I'd still prefer the Storm series to remain keyboardless though. Hopefully this series is kept separate from Storm.

I think this will be separate model line. I think RIM right now is cleaning up it line to make room for this slider.

To me me future models of BB are:

Pearl, Curve, Bold, Storm and this model??.
    03-02-10 07:49 PM

It most likely is a separate series. The Magnum/Dakota is rumored to be coming to GSM only. But i hope they give us the option between a Storm and a slider instead of just a slider.
    03-02-10 07:56 PM
    As a person who has always admired the Palm Pre's form factor but loathed its build quality and and keyboard...I like this prototype a lot. Hopefully we get some more information soon.

According to Sal it's the BlackBerry "Talladega"
    Alejandro Salomon (salomondrin) on Twitter
    Last edited by SoFLO; 03-02-10 at 08:27 PM.
    03-02-10 08:20 PM
    I was given a link to a website called BBLeaks.com that had a picture and details about the device that you're referring to.

After I clicked onto BBLeaks.com, my antivirus program (NOD-32) warned me that it had just quaranteed what appeared to be a Trojan virus.

Bottom line: I don't know whether the photo and story about a possible Storm 3 is correct or not. But I am cautioning you to avoid the BBLeaks.com that has the info.
    03-02-10 08:36 PM
    I was given a link to a website called BBLeaks.com that had a picture and details about the device that you're referring to.

After I clicked onto BBLeaks.com, my antivirus program (NOD-32) warned me that it had just quaranteed what appeared to be a Trojan virus.

Bottom line: I don't know whether the photo and story about a possible Storm 3 is correct or not. But I am cautioning you to avoid the BBLeaks.com that has the info.
    BBLeasks is fine. If you didn't download anything from the site what your virus scan found wasn't from them.
    03-02-10 08:41 PM

Norton did not give me the usual warnings, nor did surefire detect anything.
    03-02-10 09:27 PM

BBLeasks is fine. If you didn't download anything from the site what your virus scan found wasn't from them.
    Norton did not give me the usual warnings, nor did surefire detect anything.
    Actually, there was an iframe hijack on that page with one of the ads or something. I got a block too on my AV product... those of you who didn't... well, you have crappy security.

BTW, bbleaks is an "AD happy place!" WTF is with all the page redirecting ads when you click back from looking at the pics. The page appears clean now, but earlier it definitely had an iframe hijack on it. Below is my log entry of what triggered it....

3/2/2010 8:45:49 PM http://dayautoloans.com/|>{gzip} [L] HTML:Iframe-inf (0)
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-02-10 at 09:48 PM.
    03-02-10 09:40 PM
    Thing looks ugly as sin lol, trackpad really kills it for me.

I love how RIM cant keep **** secret if their lives depended on it. If this happened and it was an Apple product, heads (plural) would roll.
    03-02-10 10:16 PM
    Thing looks ugly as sin lol, trackpad really kills it for me.

I love how RIM cant keep **** secret if their lives depended on it. If this happened and it was an Apple product, heads (plural) would roll.
    lol, RIM uses leaks to attract attention... don't kid youself.
    03-02-10 10:52 PM
    lol, RIM uses leaks to attract attention... don't kid youself.
    Hey, why not? It's almost like viral marketing... Cheaper than real advertising, nonetheless.
    03-02-10 10:53 PM
    Hey, why not? It's almost like viral marketing... Cheaper than real advertising, nonetheless.
    Yep.... why not do it? By the time stuff leaks out, they've already got all the legal paperwork in place to protect it, so it's not like it's some kind of super secret thing that's not secured properly.

BTW, anyone remember the pic of a screen a few weeks ago on CX's Twitter account? I can't remember the dimentions, but was it the size of this one or close to it?
    03-02-10 10:57 PM
    Maybe its just me but it looks like a blackberry/ palm pre....Ugly!

03-02-10 11:00 PM
    Yep.... why not do it? By the time stuff leaks out, they've already got all the legal paperwork in place to protect it, so it's not like it's some kind of super secret thing that's not secured properly.

BTW, anyone remember the pic of a screen a few weeks ago on CX's Twitter account? I can't remember the dimentions, but was it the size of this one or close to it?
    It was posted in this thread.

Hmm... They do look alike, don't they? The screen in the first pic looks just a bit wider to me though...
    Last edited by Masahiro; 03-02-10 at 11:04 PM.
    03-02-10 11:01 PM
    Maybe its just me but it looks like a blackberry/ palm pre....Ugly!

agree with you 100%
    i would def not waste my money on that phone.
    03-02-10 11:07 PM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD