04-01-10 02:29 AM
92 ... 234
tools
    S3 won't slide, its more like competition for the Droid/iphone lovers, who still need a blackberry to put in work, or for security and such.

The camera will outdo Droid, at 6mp. And 512 mb is a lot for on board storage for a blackberry, BECAUSE rim tells developers, you must perfect your apps.

Iphone apps can be much larger up to about one gig and thus drain more battery life or slow down the phone. BB apps are about 3mb in size. So when you compare it that way, there is no need to have 10G of on board RAM, when half a gig will do what 16 for an iphone will do.

Rim could also allow for apps to boot off the media card.

But at the end of the day, an app or two won't make you leave Blackberry. Its what blackberry does best that is keeping you here
    02-24-10 04:40 AM
    Yes but that's simply the Storm2 9520 which has been available from other carriers for a while. It only has the 2100MHz 3G frequency which only works in Europe and Asia. The 2100MHz band on that phone will not work on T-Mobile US. I've read that the 2100MHz band on T-Mobile US is not the same as the one in Europe/Asia.
    Oh ok.. SO would you perhaps know the bands for the Storm 9550?
    02-25-10 10:35 PM
    Oh ok.. SO would you perhaps know the bands for the Storm 9550?
    I'm not sure if you're trying to be sarcastic because this information is readily available from Blackberry's website. The bands on the Storm2 9550 are the same as the original Storm 9530. Here's the list copied from Blackberry's website.

* Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
    * Single-band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
    * Dual-band: 800/1900/ MHz CDMA/Ev-DO Rev A networks

Here's a link to the specs where this information can be found.

BlackBerry - Storm Specs for 9550 and 9530 - Discover Blackberry Storm Specifications
    02-25-10 10:40 PM
    02-25-10 10:57 PM
    I think the 512mb is OS/app flash memory. whats wrong with that?
    02-27-10 05:05 AM
    Since the Storm2 is what the Storm1 should have been, will the Storm3 be what the Storm2 should have been?
    Storm3 is what the Storm1 should have been.
    02-27-10 11:26 AM
    Storm3 is what the Storm1 should have been.
    And OS6 will be what OS5 should have been.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-10 11:28 AM
    Also, no capacitive touch screen, no care. If wanted to click away on a huge button I'd just stick with a physical Qwerty.
    02-27-10 11:30 AM
    If they don't make the Storm3 a slider, then they need to make the slider as another line or something. With all the users I support, only about 10% want anything to do with a touchscreen-only BB, but I could see 60-70% picking one up with a physical keyboard also.
    until they come out with a slider, i'm sticking with my 8900. i won't switch until then - it's ridiculous they don't have one. that's the ultimate phone (FF) IMO - they need a bigger screen with a real keyboard.
    03-01-10 10:52 AM
    Nobody thinks that's real, dipshtick. There will not be a physical keyboard. SUREPRESS rocks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lol... surepress is about as lame as you can get.
    03-01-10 10:55 AM
    Surepress sucks. Slider or Capacative touch and they'd have a customer here despite my not liking VZW that much.
    03-01-10 02:49 PM
    Surepress does suck as would a slider...yuck! I have fairly big hands and find that its pita to use the storm2. Its like im fighting with the screen when doing simple things like copy and paste. So maybe a capacitive screen would be better.

I think I was stung with the Storm2, too many growing annoyances but the 9700 at the time didnt impress me either...

If it wasnt for BBM, I would have jumped ship at the last go....but when this current contract is up at the end of the year...The next gen iPhone and Nexus WILL be in the line up.

RIM are working too slow for me...
    03-02-10 06:19 AM
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of Surepress. I think the idea has promise but it's implementation as a single rigid piece of plastic does not. That, combined with the inconsistent software behavior drove me batty.

But I don't claim to speak for the majority.
    03-02-10 06:24 AM
    [QUOTE=The Gift;4761819]Surepress does suck as would a slider...yuck!"
    QUOTE]

LOL

a slider...

hmmm...

bigger screen - which i really want. tired of the smaller screen.

real keyboard.

oh ya... yuck... (not)

give me a break. that and a touch screen only where be where a majority of the market ends up - too bad BB is so slow to get there. i envy the storm screen size, and possibilities - but the giant button took me all of 5 minutes to figure out was not for me. pushing down the whole screen for each and every letter... no way. a big step backwards - like the new coke.
    03-02-10 11:41 AM
    Slider keyboards aren't just ugly and unweildly, they are a nexus for physical problems with your phone. Every time you drop your phone, you run the risk of the whole thing shattering. Put a slider on the thing, and your phone now just has far less holding it together. It's the reason I didn't buy a droid.

The way I see it, sliders are a really dumb fad.
    03-08-10 01:46 PM
    I will never get a Storm in it's current form. I would maybe consider *this* one though. I think I'd still prefer my current Curve form though.
    03-15-10 04:09 AM
    Code name Talladega! Being a Bama boy, I like it!
    04-01-10 02:29 AM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD