04-01-10 01:29 AM
92 1234
tools
    Awesome! I skipped on the s2 but if the s3 is what they say I will definitely grab it. Unless Verizon picks up the 9700.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 08:48 AM
    Awesome! I skipped on the s2 but if the s3 is what they say I will definitely grab it. Unless Verizon picks up the 9700.

You'll never see the 9700 on VZW because it is a GSM device. The Tour 2 should be the same as 9700 in most ways and that is due out in the next few weeks.

01-24-10 08:55 AM
    If you can wait, go with a storm 3. Especially since the the storm 1 and 2 are probably going to be "end of life'd" once the 3 comes out.
    S1 has already been end of life'd.
    01-24-10 12:54 PM
    This would be the first touch-screen that I'd get AS LONG AS it has the slide-out keyboard and all the features of like WiFi, GPS, Global abilities, etc. This would be an awesome phone! Probably would skip the Tour2 for this one!
    01-24-10 01:10 PM
    S3 won't be a slider. RIM is working on a slider but it may just be a concept that never sees release. S3 will be the progression of the full touch screen line.

01-24-10 01:12 PM
    Have to agree. I don't like sliding keyboards. Every one I've tried ends up feeling like cheap plastic that could snap off with one drop onto a hard surface.

I can agree with you with that on many phones. The Droid I have to say doesn't have that cheap feeling. To me it feels really sturdy..
    01-26-10 08:50 AM
    I have been having to choose what old app to remove before installing any new app on my storm 1 for some time now. I know the storm 2 doubled and it looks as if the storm 3 will double again. I could envision myself (especially with themes and games) maxing out a storm 2 as well. I think I will try to hold out for the storm 3, the description given in the "storm 3 hands on link" makes it sound like it will be worth the wait.
    01-26-10 11:57 AM
    It will probably be nearly a year though...
    01-26-10 05:32 PM
    naw I doubt it. I assure you it'll be out before the close of the year. You have to rememebr they have already "made" tha phone... JLevy got to use it. Sure there's preobably MANY problems with it and it's only in its first stage but I doubt it'll take a year to complete. Especially if it will be showing at the WES this Aprill(Rumor)...
    01-26-10 06:31 PM
    naw I doubt it. I assure you it'll be out before the close of the year. You have to rememebr they have already "made" tha phone... JLevy got to use it. Sure there's preobably MANY problems with it and it's only in its first stage but I doubt it'll take a year to complete. Especially if it will be showing at the WES this Aprill(Rumor)...
    Agreed. They are still pre production but his review was promising is performance was this good this early. Call me crazy but I would say you'll see this around Oct or Nov of 2010.

01-26-10 06:35 PM
    No thats actually not being crazy at all. It's a trend. It's always been released in November. Would be nice if it came beforee fall. MAybe surprise us with an end of summer release. Though f Verizon gets the iPhone 4G they would start selling it in June. Thus COMPLETELY SACRIFICING the storm.. IMO.. So Actualyl I take that back. November is a good release. After all the hype is over and a new phone comes into the works. Whats even better. The Storm3 will be and might be the first 4G LTE phone. Just think. iPhone would come out in SUmemr. And 4G LTE comes out close to the end of the year..
    01-26-10 06:48 PM
    You get the prize. I Phone for VZW will be 3G, not LTE. The LTE network will only be in a few markets by June. So far it looks like S3 may be first 4G smart phone. LTE should be in about 30 markets natuon wide by end of 2010.

01-26-10 06:57 PM
    O ok. But I heard of an iPhone 4GS that would be an LTE phone though it wouldn't come out till 2011. Well thats good to now. Im excited. How different wil lthe speeds be from let's say a droid's interet? and how does it differ from Sprint's 4G?
    01-26-10 07:45 PM
    What I meant was it will be a year in between devices. I'd expect them to do a yearly refresh of the storm. Kinda taking a cue from how apple handles the iPhone.
    01-27-10 03:24 AM
    O ok. But I heard of an iPhone 4GS that would be an LTE phone though it wouldn't come out till 2011. Well thats good to now. Im excited. How different wil lthe speeds be from let's say a droid's interet? and how does it differ from Sprint's 4G?
    I was told that the "First one" (meaning I Phone on VZW) will be 3G or Ev-DO. My assumption is that since the LTE network will be very new, and coverage limited, Apple won't do an LTE I Phone until 2011. Which makes sense since they are getting away from AT&T Exclusivity because of poor coverage. So the last thing they would want is limited LTE coverage, even if the 3G coverage is 1000x better.

Droid is 3G, or EvDo. So it;s Browser is fast, but limited by the network. AS I understand it LTE is about 10x faster then EvDo. But will that always translate into the browser being 10x faster? probably not. The Software and the hardware of the device will always be factors. But I think you can expect a significant difference in speed. Look up LTE on Wikipedia for a lot more information. I beleive it also makes the Hardware a lot easier to design, so that you'll see more advanced devices with better battery etc, just because of the LTE radio designs as opposed to CDMA Designs. I am no expert, but just repeating some things I have read.

I don't know what the difference between LTE and WiMax ( Sprint 4g) is, but I would liken it to the difference between GSM and CDMA.
    01-27-10 10:11 AM
    What I meant was it will be a year in between devices. I'd expect them to do a yearly refresh of the storm. Kinda taking a cue from how apple handles the iPhone.
    Yes, and I think that is exactly what we will see with Apple releasing the I Phones in June and RIM releasing Storms in Nov. Not sure what Google will do, or Microsoft if their phone is a reality.

Also will be interesting if Apple ends AT&T exclusivity this week and you can run IPhone's on T Mobile. I don't think the 3GS can run on VZW, so that will have to wait until June or whenever they release a new device.
    01-27-10 10:15 AM
    I'd like to know if RIM is ever going to release a Storm that support T-Mobile and AT&T 3G bands like the Bold 9700. So many people are using unlocked Storms and Storm2s on T-Mobile and AT&T but obviously they can't get 3G service on it. I can't imagine it would so hard for RIM to take the processor from the 9700 and put it in a Storm2.

Sorry if I'm taking this thread on a tangent.
    02-17-10 09:35 AM
    I pitty the fool who thinks that picture is real
    02-17-10 07:16 PM
    I pitty the fool who thinks that picture is real
    Nobody thinks that's real, dipshtick. There will not be a physical keyboard. SUREPRESS rocks!

02-18-10 08:20 AM
    I think its in the works and agree that we will see it before the end of the year. I mean it only makes sense that they continue with the progression of the storm.
    02-18-10 08:30 AM
    will att be getting the storm finally?

02-18-10 10:28 AM
    Nobody thinks that's real, dipshtick. There will not be a physical keyboard. SUREPRESS rocks!

I guess you never saw the A team to see the humor in this mock Storm 3.
    02-18-10 10:44 AM
    I'd like to know if RIM is ever going to release a Storm that support T-Mobile and AT&T 3G bands like the Bold 9700. So many people are using unlocked Storms and Storm2s on T-Mobile and AT&T but obviously they can't get 3G service on it. I can't imagine it would so hard for RIM to take the processor from the 9700 and put it in a Storm2.

Sorry if I'm taking this thread on a tangent.
    Well they just debuted the Storm for T-Mobile UK..
    02-21-10 09:08 AM
    will att be getting the storm finally?

02-21-10 09:09 AM
    Well they just debuted the Storm for T-Mobile UK..
    Yes but that's simply the Storm2 9520 which has been available from other carriers for a while. It only has the 2100MHz 3G frequency which only works in Europe and Asia. The 2100MHz band on that phone will not work on T-Mobile US. I've read that the 2100MHz band on T-Mobile US is not the same as the one in Europe/Asia.
    02-21-10 03:57 PM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD