03-13-10 09:26 PM
61 123
tools
    As much as I dont believe the OPicture is real, I do like the hardware design of it though
    02-27-10 02:42 PM
    Me too! I really like the design of this rendition. If the screen was that huge, it would be excellent for surfing the Web and everything.
    02-27-10 03:52 PM
    Not that I believe someone with 3 posts, but I'm just curious...you all seem to be experts on what's "real" and what's "fake". What makes the picture "fake"?
    Take a look at the carrier name. It's always centered perfectly, but in this picture the text "Rogers" is a bit off center and if you look more carefully it's tilted in a different angle than other components seen on the screen (compare to the text "3G" right next to it).

That's one "expert" comment on how this is a fake picture. Also, unless this is a resized scan with sharpening added there is no logical explanation to the excessive pixelation this picture has. Also, it's not normal pixelation. Definitely looks like a sharpening effect in Photoshop or something.
    02-27-10 03:59 PM
    Real or not.....it sure would be nice to have a bigger screen on the Storm.
    02-28-10 02:43 AM
    i just thought of how perfect the storm 3 could be...

1 SAME SIZE AS THE HTC HD2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. HAVE NA HSPA Frequencies...

IM SOLD ILL BUY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-28-10 04:04 AM
    Take a look at the carrier name. It's always centered perfectly, but in this picture the text "Rogers" is a bit off center and if you look more carefully it's tilted in a different angle than other components seen on the screen (compare to the text "3G" right next to it).
    also the fact its a storm 1 chassis, and got the old `light` chrome effect on it too dont forget, the S2 has a curved portion at the bottom of the screen and the sweet looking dark chrome

i truly expect to start seeing pics within the next 3 months or so, i mean the S2 pics surfaced 15th may, so im thinkin it should be in that kinda timeframe, and those were of a physical device, not renderings !
    02-28-10 05:20 AM
    I thought this thread was for rumors. Who cares if it ends up being a fake. Give the op some credit. Who knows this may be the next in the storm line up. And just because some one only has three posts means nothing every great person starts somewhere. Take it for what its worth a rumor and move on.
    02-28-10 06:29 AM
    It looks like a good artists rendering of the concept of the device. I'm not sure if it is an official mock up or not, but that is the type of picture that you'd show to get a potential buyer to think about purchasing your product.
    02-28-10 07:41 AM
    Or maybe like "I don't want to be identified" ?
    Seems like somebody who can appreciate a pseudoynym
    02-28-10 09:23 AM
    Hey! It says "3G"!
    02-28-10 09:32 AM
    Seems like somebody who can appreciate a pseudoynym
    Why didn't you upload this higher quality pic in the first place? Here one can see the Rogers text better being off center and off angle. Anyway I'm not here to criticize whether or not it's fake but yeah I'm giving some credit that from wherever you got this from, it's a good looking rendition.
    02-28-10 10:11 AM
    Personally I like the overall look of the device.
    The issue I have with this pic is that at the bottom is says "QUALCOMM 3G CDMA" and at the top it says Rogers 3G but Rogers doesn't have a CDMA network. Therefore this picture is fake.... but what if RIM purposely leaked the picture and made it look fake? :P we'll know when the Storm 3 is released.
    02-28-10 09:19 PM
    Personally I like the overall look of the device.
    The issue I have with this pic is that at the bottom is says "QUALCOMM 3G CDMA" and at the top it says Rogers 3G but Rogers doesn't have a CDMA network. Therefore this picture is fake.... but what if RIM purposely leaked the picture and made it look fake? :P we'll know when the Storm 3 is released.
    HAHA, i saved the pic and zoomed in...thats a FAIL!!!
    02-28-10 10:16 PM
    http://images-shop.vodafone.co.uk/es...e_angle_g3.png

Pic of the 9520 from Vodafone's website....also shows "Qualcomm 3G CDMA".
    03-01-10 01:25 AM
    You all are wrong. It doesn't matter if Rogers is GSM or not. All Storm2 units read Qualcomm 3G CDMA at the bottom, whether they are the 9550 model (with CDMA) or 9520 (without CDMA). My 9520 has it too.
    Last edited by afropoika; 03-01-10 at 10:03 AM.
    03-01-10 10:00 AM
    You all are wrong. It doesn't matter if Rogers is GSM or not. All Storm2 units read Qualcomm 3G CDMA at the bottom, whether they are the 9550 model (with CDMA) or 9520 (without CDMA). My 9520 has it too.
    Um, my Verizon S2 9550 doesn't have anything printed at the bottom. Just sayin.
    03-01-10 03:30 PM
    Um, my Verizon S2 9550 doesn't have anything printed at the bottom. Just sayin.
    My 9550 does. It's kinda hard to see
    03-01-10 05:39 PM
    I remember seeing it on my 9530... but it's not on my 9550.
    03-02-10 12:08 AM
    you need to understand That it doesn't matter what the **** CHIPSET ITS USING.
    RIM has made the chipset to be compataible with every single network possibe in the world obviously except LTE. The chipsets has been stated almost a year ago i believe, that all chipsets are HARDWARE LOCKED. NO WAY OF UNLOCKING IT I.E Blackberry 9700 Same phone nothing changed between AT&T, BELL TELUS, ROGERS, and the good OLD T-MO, WIND, same phone just a simple adjustment to the antenna. fyi verizon exclusive agreement for Storm2 is over, So lets see a Storm 2 2.0 or some HSPA S3
    03-02-10 03:18 AM
    Shay d I spit my water all over my paperwork after that pic. Thanks alot
    03-02-10 10:48 AM
    Looks real enough to me. If you assume this device to be the same width as the S1/S2, it's about 1/2 inch taller. Add that 1/2 inch plus the area where the hard/soft buttons are now and you've got a beautiful, wide-format, large screen. I'm sold.
    03-02-10 11:39 AM
    Maybe someone should get jlevy73 from this thread to confirm that picture.
    03-03-10 12:26 AM
    The more I look at it, the less sense it makes to me. I mean, it's a cool photoshop and all, but extending the screen to include the bottom buttons makes no logical sense. Those buttons always have to be there, accessible even when you're watching a full screen movie, and so making it a part of the screen serves no purpose other than to drain the battery further.
    03-03-10 12:43 AM
    Not that I believe someone with 3 posts, but I'm just curious...you all seem to be experts on what's "real" and what's "fake". What makes the picture "fake"? Because it's a little pixelated? You don't think designers do renderings of the phones before they go to production, and that this could possible have been a low resolution thumbnail that was enlarged? Manufacturers don't just push a magic button on their machines and spit out a phone. If that's the case, I guess this is fake too:

Just sayin'...maybe you all are a little too quick to pull out your cute little emoticons, point and say "he he he" like school girls.
    Agreed. Whether its fake or not...y'all act like a bunch of children. Like you want to be the first to call it fake. Seriously? I just hate a bunch of know-it-all's. If you think you know it all, generally shows that you know nothing.

This design would be nice. But I still need to have a keyboard. Not a huge fan of touch screen keyboards. Let them release a few bug-less versions first. Until then I'll pray for that slider.
    03-03-10 07:32 AM
    The more I look at it, the less sense it makes to me. I mean, it's a cool photoshop and all, but extending the screen to include the bottom buttons makes no logical sense. Those jbuttons always have to be there, accessible even when you're watching a full screen movie, and so making it a part of the screen serves no purpose other than to drain the battery further.
    I thought about that too but it isn't too hard to imagine them grung contextual and show depending on what application is running or via a gesture from the user. I think those buttons are not enough to discard this image.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 07:53 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD