08-25-10 12:50 PM
84 ... 234
tools
    My cousin just works for RIM and he came over today with the Storm3. I got a chance to play with it.

It featured OS6 and the phone was very quick,smooth and responsive.It was a lot of fun to play with. I didn't get a chance to look at the specs..but definitely enjoyed OS6. The phone also featured a 5MP camera. My only negative comment against the phone was that it still used "surepress". He told me it was scheduled for a Verizon release some time in late September or Early October.

I barely post on this site...but I thought I should share
    Sounds like the usual weak upgrade to me, way to go RIM.
    Really knocking them out of the park these days
    S4 is gonna be an iPhone killer thou, watch out....
    Last edited by MattyG27; 08-16-10 at 02:33 PM.
    08-16-10 02:31 PM
    Sounds like the usual weak upgrade to me, way to go RIM.
    Really knocking them out of the park these days
    S4 is gonna be an iPhone killer thou, watch out....
    haha..that's exactly what I thought when I was playing with it..wasn't to impressed...
    08-16-10 06:51 PM
    That is soo freaking weak! I've actually given up at this point. I have more interest in what the Droid Pro will look like or maybe ill just wait for the iPhone on Verizon.
    Cause having any faith in RIM going forward to ever make a ground breaking phone faded with the Torch or it probably shouldve been called the Sparkler.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 08:39 PM
    haha..that's exactly what I thought when I was playing with it..wasn't to impressed...
    Hey Kungriffey, so is the Storm 3 the same size as the Storm 2 or is it thinner?
    08-17-10 10:00 AM
    What he had was the "refresh" they are releasing for the storm so it can run OS6. It is not the rumored storm 3 or storm 4 whatever you want to call it that will have it's own OS etc.
    08-17-10 10:17 AM
    It makes sense for the Storm3 to have its own OS, since its the only true touchscreen BB device. Yes, its cool that you can switch between any BB and be able to handle its OS simply. But for anyone who has used any other touch phone and then used a storm, you know the storm is too.....rigid in its OS. It was def made for a keyboard. I mean this and the torch should have similar OS's and movements, so its not totally fragmented, but yes, being able to touch makes things smoother.
    08-17-10 11:42 PM
    It makes sense for the Storm3 to have its own OS, since its the only true touchscreen BB device. Yes, its cool that you can switch between any BB and be able to handle its OS simply. But for anyone who has used any other touch phone and then used a storm, you know the storm is too.....rigid in its OS. It was def made for a keyboard. I mean this and the torch should have similar OS's and movements, so its not totally fragmented, but yes, being able to touch makes things smoother.

Lay off the crack, doo.
    Yes, the OS may be a little "unslick" for most people because it's not 'true touch'. SurePress IMHO, is the best innovation ever and the media drove it down to the ground because they're all a buncha hags.
    08-18-10 06:01 AM
    Awesome!!!
    08-19-10 02:46 PM
    Lay off the crack, doo.
    Yes, the OS may be a little "unslick" for most people because it's not 'true touch'. SurePress IMHO, is the best innovation ever and the media drove it down to the ground because they're all a buncha hags.
    QFT.

SurePress is what make touch screens even possible for me. I'm a keypad person, but I love SurePress to bits.
    08-25-10 12:50 PM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD