08-25-10 11:50 AM
84 1234
tools
    lulz...soon...i think you need to look that word up in a dictionary
    Yeah...next year isn't "soon" ... especially when you are talking to BB owners, soon means yesterday

I'm sure alot of it depends like the post said on the LTE being ready to go.
    07-02-10 02:24 PM
    Speaking of this, does anyone know of a review for the S2? Like a late one.. reviewer having used it for more than 3-4 months and then did a review?
    07-03-10 02:41 AM
    don't know about you, but I'd like a 4.0 screen. The 4.3 is too large for many users, but I think a slightly smaller screen would hit the "sweet spot". I still might jump to a 4.3 but there's always a chance I'd find it a bit awkward to wear on my waistband. I never put phones in pockets.
    I want the BIGGEST screen; you'll just have to grow your waist size to carry it, Dave.
    07-03-10 06:50 AM
    I want the BIGGEST screen; you'll just have to grow your waist size to carry it, Dave.
    That's EASY! LOL! Too easy! Being over 6' 4", helps to "hide" the pounds, but at 234, I'd like to dump 20 lbs.
    07-03-10 01:59 PM
    Honestly, I'd prefer a Storm/Droid Incredible/iPhone4 range of form factors than an oversized Droid X/Evo type one, although a well-made Storm3 would probably grab me either way. More pixels per inch would be nice, but I while I do need more screen space than non-touchscreen phones have, I don't need to be able to watch a movie on it from 4 feet away. Obviously other people use their phones in different ways.
    07-03-10 02:05 PM
    There are still no official introduces.
    07-04-10 03:26 AM
    I can't wait until it comes out. I love the Storm 2 so 3 will have to be even better. I'll be up for renewal soon so hopefully it will release in month or so. It would be nice to hear some offial info on it though. Is it true that it will have a long ways slide out qwerty as seen here? BlackBerry Storm 3: First Inside Look | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    07-31-10 09:15 PM
    hm... Telus removed the S2 from their website...
    08-01-10 01:26 AM
    Sounds interesting,new os you say! Random

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-10 01:31 AM
    I can't wait until it comes out. I love the Storm 2 so 3 will have to be even better. I'll be up for renewal soon so hopefully it will release in month or so. It would be nice to hear some offial info on it though. Is it true that it will have a long ways slide out qwerty as seen here? BlackBerry Storm 3: First Inside Look | BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    That article is from Dec 2009 and was way wrong back then. It is hard to say for sure, but it appears that the S3 is going to essentially be a S2 refresh (i.e. an S2 with enough memory (512MB) to run OS6).

Sometime between Nov 2010 and Mar 2011 should give us the S4 with what are rumored to be competitive specs... at least they are today, by then they will probably be dated.

I think that RIM is living in a "complacency bubble". In other words, they are living in a reality distortion field that enables them to believe that what they are doing now is OK and that they don't need to do anything really innovative to keep their position.

I just hope that the announcement on Tuesday will provide more information than the rumored 9800 (a ~S2 with a portrait slide down keyboard). If not, I guess I will not only be trying out the DroidX, but won't be returning it inside of my 30 day return window.

Scott
    08-01-10 03:18 AM
    interesting thing ive noticed, tmobile uk no longer list, neither do carphone warehouse or phones4u, only o2 and vodafone are still listing it
    08-01-10 05:10 AM
    Storm three i will be defenity getting myself this
    08-01-10 06:09 AM
    if its on tmobuk by the end of december, i'll be getting it too
    08-01-10 09:13 AM
    Sometime between Nov 2010 and Mar 2011 should give us the S4 with what are rumored to be competitive specs... at least they are today, by then they will probably be dated.
    I hope you are correct in your time frame - it MUST also be LTE for me to purchase; I can't see getting a new phone that is up for the new network.

I think that RIM is living in a "complacency bubble". In other words, they are living in a reality distortion field that enables them to believe that what they are doing now is OK and that they don't need to do anything really innovative to keep their position.
    I tend to agree with you here, why is RIM, which requires their apps to run from the RAM, so slow to throw a gig in there. I would certainly be willing to pay the extra $5! It's as though they have a stock pile of 256Ks they must use up?
    08-01-10 09:28 AM
    A bigger screen and faster CPU and obviously more onboard memory and I would grab one. 3.2" without a keyboard is small for me, 3.5" or bigger is fine and most of the touch phones are 3.7" now with a few going over 4"! Too bad the 9800 is staying at 3.2".
    08-01-10 11:54 AM
    I hope you are correct in your time frame - it MUST also be LTE for me to purchase; I can't see getting a new phone that is up for the new network.
    It is probably pretty likely to be LTE. RIM is supposed to have a pretty good relationship/history with Qualcomm and they have a LTE chipset, so it SHOULD be a no-brainer. However, after RIM's recent bone headed moves, I hope not making the phone LTE capable isn't one of them. Surely, even they aren't that far gone.

I tend to agree with you here, why is RIM, which requires their apps to run from the RAM, so slow to throw a gig in there. I would certainly be willing to pay the extra $5! It's as though they have a stock pile of 256Ks they must use up?
    In business schools, they still teach cost accounting. It is required for all business majors. Cost accounting teaches that all costs are bad and should be reduced. This mentality causes otherwise intelligent people to make bad business decisions (take a look at the domestic auto companies for an example).

It is ridiculous to see all costs as bad as you can only reduce them so much before a firm will go out of business. Not only that, a far more effective approach would be to maximize revenue and thereby increase profits long-term as opposed to continually cutting costs and temporarily increase profits.

I know that executive compensation plans are part of the reason. But perhaps the difficulty in coming up with innovative products and the work it takes to stay on top are more than most executives want to do and/or are capable of doing, are the reason for this. I guess that is why the Dilbert comic is so popular...

While that $5 of RAM equals ~$15-25 to the consumer, it seems like it would be a natural decision. I mean Apple and the various Android manufacturers are able to make leading edge devices and make a profit, so RIM, with their market share, should also be able to.

I would hope they make the right decision here. However, maybe the idea of planned obsolescence is another reason and though I think it is false thinking in the long-run, maybe they subscribe to it.

OK, enough soapbox and apologies to the OP (and anyone I bored).

I hope the S3/S4 (the one that is truly innovative) is good enough to bring RIM back into contention with leading-edge smartphones. Otherwise, I fear they are on the same downward slope Motorola was a few years ago. I really hope they will start producing phones I want to buy in the future!

Scott
    Last edited by stsurbrook; 08-01-10 at 01:24 PM.
    08-01-10 01:13 PM
    In business schools, they still teach cost accounting. It is required for all business majors. Cost accounting teaches that all costs are bad and should be reduced. This mentality causes otherwise intelligent people to make bad business decisions (take a look at the domestic auto companies for an example).
    You would think the US automakers would have learned something about cost accounting from the Ford Pinto debacle.
    08-01-10 06:00 PM
    As the old saying goes, "Those who ignore the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them..." And there are MANY in management who ignore (intentionally or otherwise) those lessons!

Scott
    08-01-10 07:44 PM
    Meh, too little (eh, maybe enough for RIM) too late?
    08-01-10 10:07 PM
    Love those S3 specs, hope all is true! I trust the source as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 06:14 AM
    i reckon it is a real phone and it'll be out before christmas, with a Storm 4 due out next year.

any idea if the UK/Europe will be rolling out an LTE network??
    08-04-10 08:08 AM
    Are there any rumored specs on the S3 that are reliable (like will it have a physical keyboard or not)? I can't find any recent rumors on what all is changing from the S2 to S3. I tried the S2 in January of this year and hated it...returned it and reverted back to my Curve.
    08-11-10 08:41 AM
    Are there any rumored specs on the S3 that are reliable (like will it have a physical keyboard or not)? I can't find any recent rumors on what all is changing from the S2 to S3. I tried the S2 in January of this year and hated it...returned it and reverted back to my Curve.
    A Storm series device will not include a physical keyboard. If you want that I'd wait on the 9830 Torch, that is IF the rumors of it only being exclusive with AT&T for 3 months is true... I guess time will tell.
    08-11-10 10:55 AM
    My cousin just works for RIM and he came over today with the Storm3. I got a chance to play with it.

It featured OS6 and the phone was very quick,smooth and responsive.It was a lot of fun to play with. I didn't get a chance to look at the specs..but definitely enjoyed OS6. The phone also featured a 5MP camera. My only negative comment against the phone was that it still used "surepress". He told me it was scheduled for a Verizon release some time in late September or Early October.

I barely post on this site...but I thought I should share
    08-15-10 11:19 PM
    My cousin just works for RIM and he came over today with the Storm3. I got a chance to play with it.

It featured OS6 and the phone was very quick,smooth and responsive.It was a lot of fun to play with. I didn't get a chance to look at the specs..but definitely enjoyed OS6. The phone also featured a 5MP camera. My only negative comment against the phone was that it still used "surepress". He told me it was scheduled for a Verizon release some time in late September or Early October.

I barely post on this site...but I thought I should share
    I guess somebady has to have a cousin that works for RIM, so why not you...but I find it a little bit of a stretch that he/she would want you posting anything about the S3. It also sounds like this is just the "refresh" model, not the new Storm with the faster processor and more than 512mb of memory.
    08-16-10 09:06 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD