08-25-10 12:50 PM
84 1234
tools
    Glad it might have it's own OS, thought I worry that the first run will have even more issues than the original storm had in this case.
    06-30-10 02:58 PM
    Why didn't Sal post this himself?
    06-30-10 04:36 PM
    Why didn't Sal post this himself?
    He did on his site and he dropped some comments in a few threads here. However this is like tenth thread on This topic so you can't expect him to be everywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-10 05:05 PM
    But Sal IS everywhere!! lol
    07-01-10 10:22 AM
    Im very happy that there is possibility that 1gb, or more , will be in the Storm3. I wonder if the QNX acquisition will have something to do with how apps are possibly created. Mayb this new OS will allow for more complex apps, thus resulting in the need more memory. Just a thought.

Also i am highly curious in the specs surrounding the screen. If they truly are going to make this the high end consumer device that rumors suggest, then we should be in for a treat.

Personally I can see RIM giving us a 3.7" screen but lord knows I am hoping for for at least a 4" screen. I know some people want the screen size to stay the same but they're a minority. The screen resolution...........I can't even begin to guess what they'll do with that. All i know is that at one point, RIM was know for having the best looking screens............mayb they'll surprise us
    07-01-10 03:09 PM
    Im very happy that there is possibility that 1gb, or more , will be in the Storm3. I wonder if the QNX acquisition will have something to do with how apps are possibly created. Mayb this new OS will allow for more complex apps, thus resulting in the need more memory. Just a thought.

Also i am highly curious in the specs surrounding the screen. If they truly are going to make this the high end consumer device that rumors suggest, then we should be in for a treat.

Personally I can see RIM giving us a 3.7" screen but lord knows I am hoping for for at least a 4" screen. I know some people want the screen size to stay the same but they're a minority. The screen resolution...........I can't even begin to guess what they'll do with that. All i know is that at one point, RIM was know for having the best looking screens............mayb they'll surprise us

I checked out the 4.3" HTC EVO yesterday. OMG! While the blacks aren't very dark, the screen is otherwise awesome. Bright, colorful, and BIG! I'm curious to see if the Droid X has that kind of goodness when it hits Verizon on the 15th. Such a large screen is hard not to fall in love with. damn!
    07-01-10 03:27 PM
    I checked out the 4.3" HTC EVO yesterday. OMG! While the blacks aren't very dark, the screen is otherwise awesome. Bright, colorful, and BIG! I'm curious to see if the Droid X has that kind of goodness when it hits Verizon on the 15th. Such a large screen is hard not to fall in love with. damn!
    From the review I read in PCMag (I think that's the place), the Droid X is even a better looking screen...and, the LARGEST screen out there!
    07-01-10 03:49 PM
    From what I am hearing about the QNX kernel it won't change the nature of the apps. Meaning that the RIM Java OS would still be in place, just running a dif kernel - not that this is a small thing. I guess we find out at DevCon in Sept. (i Hope)

I believe they said the S3 is currently sitting in S2 bodies. To me that means that the Screen is the same size as an S2. It may be much higher resolution, but should be the same size.
    07-01-10 03:53 PM
    From the review I read in PCMag (I think that's the place), the Droid X is even a better looking screen...and, the LARGEST screen out there!
    I hope that means better black levels! That's one of the endearing characteristics of the Storm's screen and one of the qualities missing on my Touch's screen. Light black levels detract from ANY screen.
    07-01-10 04:13 PM
    The_Engine,

The context that Sal appeared to use when he said it was in a S2 body was as a "development mule" (to borrow a phrase from the automotive industry). The impression I got that the S3 could well have a larger screen in final form. I think the term he used was something like, "... was in a S2 body to keep people from identifying it as an S3" or similar.

I hope you are wrong because the same size screen would be a killer for me. I need a bigger screen... and not only because I'm in my 40's.

Scott
    07-01-10 06:04 PM
    I was thinking that it might be possible for the scren to be larger even if it is in the S2 body.

In the end we just won't know for a while.

07-01-10 06:50 PM
    Ha ha u preaching to the choir. I haven't seen the Evo, but i looked at the HD2 to see how big 4.3"s was, and i couldn't put the phone down. The screen real-estate is amazing. Viewing the web was a beautiful experience and i would imaging typing on it would be easy. It made me look at my 8900 and ask "why am I doing this to myself?" lol

From what I am hearing about the QNX kernel it won't change the nature of the apps. Meaning that the RIM Java OS would still be in place, just running a dif kernel - not that this is a small thing. I guess we find out at DevCon in Sept. (i Hope)

I believe they said the S3 is currently sitting in S2 bodies. To me that means that the Screen is the same size as an S2. It may be much higher resolution, but should be the same size.
    I think me and u know releasing this phone with a 3.25" screen would be the biggest fail in the history of mankind (ok mayb thats too far...that goes to BP lol). Even a 3.5" screen would be fail imo unless they gave us a retina display which i can't see RIM doing. I guess i say this because this is going to be one of the first LTE devices out there. This is huge!!! Go hard or go home RIM. Don't get me excited like a fat kid with cake by giving me a 1ghz (FINALLY) processor, 1gb or more of RAM, 5 mp camera, sexy data speeds and whatever else they got coming, then boo boo on my life with a 3.25" screen. It hurts talking about it lol. I don't need the latest and greatest on my BB. Im happy this phone looks like it will spec'd along the best out now but like my dude dave1812 above us said..............that 4.3 inch screen is pure sex lol ha ha. At least 4 inches. I could even live with 3.7"
    07-01-10 07:54 PM

I think me and u know releasing this phone with a 3.25" screen would be the biggest fail in the history of mankind (ok mayb thats too far...that goes to BP lol). Even a 3.5" screen would be fail imo unless they gave us a retina display which i can't see RIM doing. I guess i say this because this is going to be one of the first LTE devices out there. This is huge!!! Go hard or go home RIM. Don't get me excited like a fat kid with cake by giving me a 1ghz (FINALLY) processor, 1gb or more of RAM, 5 mp camera, sexy data speeds and whatever else they got coming, then boo boo on my life with a 3.25" screen. It hurts talking about it lol. I don't need the latest and greatest on my BB. Im happy this phone looks like it will spec'd along the best out now but like my dude dave1812 above us said..............that 4.3 inch screen is pure sex lol ha ha. At least 4 inches. I could even live with 3.7"
    I don't think so. The Storm3 may be a next-gen touchscreen but it is still a Blackberry, and on my Storm I can navigate the entire screen one-handily. if it was 1/2" bigger i probably still could, but anymore and it becomes too bulky and awkward to use efficiently.
    07-01-10 09:36 PM
    I don't think so. The Storm3 may be a next-gen touchscreen but it is still a Blackberry, and on my Storm I can navigate the entire screen one-handily. if it was 1/2" bigger i probably still could, but anymore and it becomes too bulky and awkward to use efficiently.
    grow long fingernails. (howard hughes style)
    07-01-10 10:44 PM
    grow long fingernails. (howard hughes style)
    Capacitive screen.
    07-01-10 11:02 PM
    Ok mayb my last post was a tad bit over dramatic lol but I don't know man. U say the added screen space will make the phone bulky but when u read the reviews on the evo, or droid x, even they say that these phones are very pocketable. There is even a video of a guy putting a droid x into skinny jeasn pockets just to show how easily it fits.

I guess one of us will be happy when this thing is finally released lol
    07-02-10 12:22 AM
    I was thinking that it might be possible for the scren to be larger even if it is in the S2 body.

In the end we just won't know for a while.

I got the impression as well that the only reason the Storm3 was in a Storm2 shell was so that it will not leak at all and be hard to recognize. I think they are just testing the software as well as the new screen tech. I imagine that once the months start rolling by they will begin testing this device in it's real intended shell with a possibly larger screen as well.
    07-02-10 01:14 AM
    Capacitive screen.
    in case you weren't aware, i was JOKING.
    07-02-10 01:56 AM
    Ok mayb my last post was a tad bit over dramatic lol but I don't know man. U say the added screen space will make the phone bulky but when u read the reviews on the evo, or droid x, even they say that these phones are very pocketable. There is even a video of a guy putting a droid x into skinny jeasn pockets just to show how easily it fits.

I guess one of us will be happy when this thing is finally released lol
    Of course they can be pocketed; I can fit four dvd cases into one pair of my jeans easily. but can you navigate the entire surface of a SINGLE dvd case single-handily?
    07-02-10 02:30 AM
    Well, IMO, this is what RIM needs to shoot for with the S3. Here is the MobileBurn.com two part review of the DroidX on YouTube.

If RIM will deliver a S3 that is a true competitor to that AND let us know about it before I get sucked into the dark side, I'll stay. Otherwise, I can feel the dark side of the force drawing me in.......

Oh, and it doesn't look any too big to me!

Scott
    07-02-10 03:36 AM
    Im sorry to be such a negative Nancy, but is it me or have I read this so many times in the rumor section? Honestly people, I get so excited since I'm thinking of jumping ship to the iPhone4 in Dec, whenever I see there might be new info on the S3. Then I have to go through so many posts about new info from a week ago. Come on guys, it's like eating a huge bowl of cereal that tastes like sadness and depression... Look before you post, we appreciate the 'new' info but RIM is already disappointing with the secrecy, do we really need even more when we read these posts? *rant rant rant*
    07-02-10 09:48 AM
    Im sorry to be such a negative Nancy, but is it me or have I read this so many times in the rumor section? Honestly people, I get so excited since I'm thinking of jumping ship to the iPhone4 in Dec, whenever I see there might be new info on the S3. Then I have to go through so many posts about new info from a week ago. Come on guys, it's like eating a huge bowl of cereal that tastes like sadness and depression... Look before you post, we appreciate the 'new' info but RIM is already disappointing with the secrecy, do we really need even more when we read these posts? *rant rant rant*
    We need some way to keep our hopes up. Sal threw us a bone, and we're just chewing on it for now. I think it's an exciting rumor, and because the info came from Sal, is probably 90% accurate.

The specs look good - the real question is when? I would put money on Black Friday, but I hope it's sooner.
    07-02-10 10:13 AM
    Oh i know, but there are posts all over the place with the words of Sal. But I do agree. The thing I hate is seeing NEW info but its already been posted and when I see it I get too excited. I just wished they had even a teaser that it exists and is on its way soon. I don't know why but VZW sent me an early upgrade offer yesterday. I pay an extra $20 and I get to get the new every two price on a brand new smartphone. It's tempting to get the droid x but i don't like the form factor. The iPhone4 looks bad mass, but the reception issue bugs me. So I am hoping RIM gives us something, anything. I also want to hear more about the BBPad. I dont want the iPad because I know it will be upgraded sooner than later.
    07-02-10 10:29 AM
    honestly if i could just know the screen size/resolution and mayb just a pic of this bad boy, that would tide me over until november or whenever this thing gets releases. I still want to be surprised when this thing is actually announced but damn........im a hungry dog...........i need a couple more bones lol
    07-02-10 12:51 PM
    honestly if i could just know the screen size/resolution and mayb just a pic of this bad boy, that would tide me over until november or whenever this thing gets releases. I still want to be surprised when this thing is actually announced but damn........im a hungry dog...........i need a couple more bones lol
    don't know about you, but I'd like a 4.0 screen. The 4.3 is too large for many users, but I think a slightly smaller screen would hit the "sweet spot". I still might jump to a 4.3 but there's always a chance I'd find it a bit awkward to wear on my waistband. I never put phones in pockets.
    07-02-10 12:57 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD