06-15-10 12:13 PM
29 12
tools
    I been hearing there is going to be a storm 3 if there is then they need to have a dual camera like the Iphone. If they ever want to keep up and compete against apple if they do these then blackberry will be on top as well and I think blackberry really needs to have these dual camera like the Iphone.
    06-07-10 05:51 PM
    ehh theyre rumors, we just gotta wait and see
    06-07-10 06:59 PM
    I will give you the classic blackberry fan boy answer "the blackberry cannot compete with the I phone, its like comparing apples to oranges, I phone is a toy, blackberry is for buisness " but I agree with you. They need to step up on the quality of screens and cameras, at least. Come on the flagship blackberry has a 3.2mp camera. How great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-10 07:07 PM
    Why does it have to have 2 cameras in order to be a success? I can only take one picture at a time

But seriously, thats the deciding factor on the Storm 3's success .. 2 cameras?

I have an original, old school, blatant failure Storm 1 that sits right beside my iPhone (work makes me use it) on my belt. If your phone is used primarily for entertainment - you will enjoy the iPhone. Anything beyond that, I am always reaching for the trusty old Storm (with one camera).

It isn't as flashy, I doesn't have WOW commercials, and I haven't found a fart app for it yet .. But it holds it own.

One last parting comment - if the Storm is such a failure, how has Balckberry managed to sell so many with a mere fraction of the advertising that Apple has had to do?

The Storm is no iPhone killer - nor has the iPhone proven to be a Storm killer. The Storm 3 will be just fine.

X
    06-07-10 07:22 PM
    I would like to see a 5mp camera at least, but dual cameras don't really fit the BlackBerry badge.
    06-07-10 08:40 PM
    5mp will be on the slider, and most likely the 9580
    06-07-10 08:53 PM
    I don't think the Storm3 needs a forward facing camera. would it be nice if they slapped one on there? SURE lol.....i'll gladly take one, but i don't think its really a feature many are going to constantly use. The reviews say that the Evo's implementation of it isn;t the greatest, and you'll only be only to use the iphone 4's while in wifi. i'd much rather have better video recording capabilities
    06-07-10 09:55 PM
    they could use the dual cameras and offer 3G video calls with the skype app. apple only offers it over wifi right now
    06-07-10 10:26 PM
    I'd really like to see some pictures of what the S3 actually looks like leaked soon. My S1 is about to die off (Having to squeeze the thing to get the backlight to turn on) and at this rate if no new info is released on s3 i may lean towards iphone 4, it does look pretty wicked..
    06-07-10 11:23 PM
    most likely like the S1 and S2, but thinner
    06-08-10 12:41 AM
    you guys are right the Iphone is a play phone
    06-08-10 04:51 AM
    Video calling is a feature that has basically been around since the earliest 3g handsets and even has lots of actual open standards that apple has decided to ignore, which is such a shock since they keep telling us how important standards actually are.

There are some instances where the feature is a bit more popular e.g. skype, but on the whole it is not a major thing for most people.
    06-08-10 10:56 AM
    It hurts my eyes to read that first post...am I the only one??
    06-09-10 12:39 AM
    I been hearing there is going to be a storm 3 if there is then they need to have a dual camera like the Iphone. If they ever want to keep up and compete against apple if they do these then blackberry will be on top as well and I think blackberry really needs to have these dual camera like the Iphone.
    1. Enterprise will just disable both, like they do with single cameras today if they have to meet certain security requirements.

2. Blackberry doesn't have any intention of "keeping up with" Apple, they are already ahead, and if you don't believe me, go talk to those enterprise people from 1. Or the 40 million new customers they sign up per quarter.

3. That Facetalk iPhone app? Yea that only works over Wifi....and ONLY with other iPhone 4 users. How many of your friends do you think you could convince to buy a phone just so they also have to look presentable when you want to talk to them. Just rolled out of bed, or are in a place of questionable justification? Better hope that your friend doesn't want to face chat (or that your wife doesn't catch you at the rippers).

Yes, it is neat; and yes, when it works right video chat from a phone is impressive but you have to wonder what the adoption rate for it would as a percentage of the install base. I would rather they had spent the time making real multitasking work instead of the pretend stuff they implemented that only works on a select few types of programs, GPS, Pandora, etc. If you want IM to run in the background, it doesn't. The problem is that they will probably get away with cheating since I'm guessing that 85-90% of people will probably try to use only one of the programs they got to run in the background, and will be none the wiser.
    06-09-10 07:44 AM
    For the multitasking stuff, wasn't there a category that covered IM clients?
    06-09-10 09:29 AM
    3. That Facetalk iPhone app? Yea that only works over Wifi....and ONLY with other iPhone 4 users.
    It's like a lamer, more annoying bbm.
    06-09-10 10:35 AM
    Why is it that so many people think RIM should compete head to head with the Iphone?

ITS TWO DIFFERENT MARKETS PEOPLE.........i could give two farts if my cell has dual cameras...cause what are the chances that A. your network will be able to support video calling and B. that the person you want to do it with has the exact same pez dispenser?....like Iphone4 for instance.
    06-14-10 01:37 PM
    Why is it that so many people think RIM should compete head to head with the Iphone?

ITS TWO DIFFERENT MARKETS PEOPLE.........i could give two farts if my cell has dual cameras...cause what are the chances that A. your network will be able to support video calling and B. that the person you want to do it with has the exact same pez dispenser?....like Iphone4 for instance.
    I wish everyone would stop saying rim is in a different market, i'm sure rim isn't thrilled with that. They are in the business to make money and whatever market spends is the market they want. If you think they are trying to remain strictly as the business mans phone then you've been ignoring their signs. They aren't demoing 3d games and tweaking their media players and browsers for the businessman, they are doing it to compete.
    06-14-10 02:23 PM
    I wish everyone would stop saying rim is in a different market, i'm sure rim isn't thrilled with that. They are in the business to make money and whatever market spends is the market they want. If you think they are trying to remain strictly as the business mans phone then you've been ignoring their signs. They aren't demoing 3d games and tweaking their media players and browsers for the businessman, they are doing it to compete.
    i politely disagree
    06-14-10 02:24 PM

I totally agree. I think people just like to compare the Storm to the IPhone simply based on the fact that they're both touchscreen devices. The storm has far more in common with any other BlackBerry, but people are less likely to compare a 9700 to a 3gs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 02:46 PM
    i politely disagree
    and its your right to, just my feeling on the matter. If rim wasn't going for a different demographic then they wouldn't go with touchscreens, 3d games, app stores and that god awful os6 unveiling that was a bunch of people dancing
    06-14-10 02:49 PM
    and its your right to, just my feeling on the matter. If rim wasn't going for a different demographic then they wouldn't go with touchscreens, 3d games, app stores and that god awful os6 unveiling that was a bunch of people dancing
    BINGO! Give that person a prize!
    06-14-10 03:23 PM
    if you say so
    06-14-10 05:43 PM
    Hi...,

I agree with you.I would like to see dual camera.
    06-15-10 01:04 AM
    As someone who casually follows both the phone blogs/message boards and the financial world, I would say that it is one market and RIM is being viewed as falling behind. Look at today's WSJ where they say that RIM is developing a tablet and new touch based smart phone to compete with the ipad and iphone. This represents the view of the world outside of crackberry....it is one market and RIM is falling behind and if it is not careful will be a business only device which limits their ability to compete--not just in selling phones but as part of the world of publicly traded companies.
    06-15-10 07:11 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD