01-13-11 08:10 PM
56 123
tools
    Refreshing In sloMotion

... i hear they have still a couple of 624's still lying around... which is of course sufficient for messaging..
    01-03-11 04:30 PM
    What are the odds that the Bold touch device will be
    CDMA? Or eventually be offered in that format?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-11 06:49 PM
    What are the odds that the Bold touch device will be
    CDMA? Or eventually be offered in that format?

No clue.

In Soviet Russia, comment posts you.
    01-03-11 06:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure RIM will never go back to SurePress. RIM not including it on the Torch doesn't mean they won't continue to use it, but why did they not use it? Based on that alone I predict any future touchscreen devices from RIM, whether tablet or smartphone, will be a regular capacitive touchscreen with a QWERTY keyboard, not SurePress.
    Tks for the reply CASH
    Good Luck
    01-03-11 08:07 PM
    If the next storm does not have a higher res screen then it'll be a minor hardware upgrade to say the least.
    01-03-11 08:28 PM
    yawn......yawn
    LOL. Plus "working on" seems a lonnnnggggg way off...
    01-03-11 09:55 PM
    Storm 2.5 is the Storm 3. RIM will not be calling it the Storm 2.5; most likely the Storm 3... Possibly Torch.
    Where are you getting your information from? I seriously question a lot of the comments you've made. Are you implying that there never was a "cancelled" Storm 2.5/9570, and it goes straight to the newer one?
    01-04-11 12:20 AM
    Where are you getting your information from? I seriously question a lot of the comments you've made. Are you implying that there never was a "cancelled" Storm 2.5/9570, and it goes straight to the newer one?
    First, this is a forum. Every one of us, whether BlackBerry afficianados or not, speculate...... so unless YOU have proof or heard from a reputable source, don't believe anything. ANYTHING. EVER IN LIFE.

Second, what exactly have I said that you question? Do you think I am just pulling things out of thin air? Not sure how much you follow RIM/BlackBerry but anyone who does should be able to, if they haven't already, put those pieces together the way I have.

What I'm saying is that whether cancelled or not, you weren't going to see a commercial with it advertised as the Storm 2.5 or Storm Refresh etc. Look at the 9780. It was just marketed as the Bold 9780, not as a refresh. No one even looked at it as a Bold 2.5, although you could've. RIM advertised the second Storm as the Storm 2. So naturally, 3 comes next. And the S1 and S2 were basically the same device, minus the clickable screen. But no one called that a refresh. The difference between the S1/S2 and the S3 is too great to call it a refresh. It uses different hardware both inside and out to call it a refresh.

As far as we know, it was cancelled. That's what several blogs reported. They said that no carrier wanted it because it wasn't good enough (in comparison to the iPhone and the many Android devices). If that really was the reason, I understand. Carriers want to carry devices they can sell so they can make a profit (from devices and contracts), and if they didn't think the third version of the Storm was not worth the risk/investment, I understand that as well.

What I was saying about them calling it a Torch is an educated guess based on my previous marketing/advertising/selling/business strategy (in the real world, college courses, and recent and historical observations as a consumer). The Storm name/brand is not good. The Torch could've been called a Storm. But why wasn't it? They got the name Torch from their acquisition of Torch Mobile, which is basically the reason we now have a Web-Kit browser. But why start an entirely new device series? That doesn't make any sense. The Storm series was a dissaster for RIM. They rushed into a space they hadn't even thought about. They didn't alter the experience, the UI, or the specs. They just made it a touch screen device. This thing was going up against the original Droid etc at VZW. The two simply don't compare in the consumer market. The other devices/platforms simply were made for a touch screen experience, hence they excelled in that space. The Torch has been selling pretty good. Of course, it doesn't compare to the sales of the iPhone or the many Android devices, but RIM has sold a lot of them... more than expected.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-04-11 at 02:44 PM.
    01-04-11 02:32 PM
    Cash,

S2 still has surepress, so no dice there. The canceled S3 was a refresh, as we know from the now famous leaked Storm 2 refresh slide. That is the device that got canceled [/speculation] because it was not a big enough improvement for VZW to warrant the investment in marketing it, potential for customer disappointment, or the fact that RIM had it's successor "S4, SQNX, whatever" further in development than predicted.[/speculation]

Why not call it a Torch? Why not call the Torch a Storm? Why not call them both bPhones? Why don't they all just sell iPhones and call the BlackBerry's? EXCLUSIVITY. Contracts. Marketing Rights. I'm thinking you shouldn't rely on your marketing/advertising/selling/business strategy and historical consumer experience so heavily.

As your info shows you are a dumb phone user, I will not waste any more effort discounting the uneducated claims you make about the Storm being un-thought out, etc.
    01-04-11 05:45 PM
    Cash,

S2 still has surepress, so no dice there.
    But the only difference between them was no clickable screen.

The canceled S3 was a refresh, as we know from the now famous leaked Storm 2 refresh slide.
    That picture was not a real device. That was a Storm with an HTC WinMo devices keyboard photoshopped to the bottom.

That is the device that got canceled [/speculation] because it was not a big enough improvement for VZW to warrant the investment in marketing it, potential for customer disappointment, or the fact that RIM had it's successor "S4, SQNX, whatever" further in development than predicted.[/speculation]
    That's basically what I said. As for the QNX Storm, as far as we know, it doesn't exist.

Why not call it a Torch? Why not call the Torch a Storm? Why not call them both bPhones? Why don't they all just sell iPhones and call the BlackBerry's? EXCLUSIVITY. Contracts. Marketing Rights. I'm thinking you shouldn't rely on your marketing/advertising/selling/business strategy and historical consumer experience so heavily.
    You have a point with exclusivity thing. I hadn't thought about that.

As your info shows you are a dumb phone user, I will not waste any more effort discounting the uneducated claims you make about the Storm being un-thought out, etc.
    And that means what now? That I'm currently using a dumbphone. That says nothing about my device history or knowledge. So I've been a member of CrackBerry since 2007 with a dumbphone? Asking and answering questions for 3+ years without being banned? Without someone else calling me out?

Truly yours,
    CASH, speculating and wasting my time on a BlackBerry related forum since 2007.
    01-04-11 06:28 PM
    The S2 screen does click. It uses different tech than the S1, but it is still surepress.

01-04-11 07:04 PM
    The S2 screen does click. It uses different tech than the S1, but it is still surepress.

Oh. I'm such a newb when it comes to the Storm series.

But whatever the difference was between them, they still were pretty much the same device, right?
    01-04-11 07:35 PM
    Oh. I'm such a newb when it comes to the Storm series.

But whatever the difference was between them, they still were pretty much the same device, right?
    Software yes... but the S2 hardware was much upgraded from the S1 hardware (different surepress screen, different hardware buttons, the S2 had a nicer finish)... honestly, with regards to hardware, it would be like comparing a Curve 8330 to a Tour 9630 imo. (maybe not as drastic... but close)
    01-04-11 07:44 PM
    Software yes... but the S2 hardware was much upgraded from the S1 hardware (different surepress screen, different hardware buttons, the S2 had a nicer finish)... honestly, with regards to hardware, it would be like comparing a Curve 8330 to a Tour 9630 imo. (maybe not as drastic... but close)
    Someone I went to school with worked at VZW and all he said was that the S2 wasn't going to have the click screen. I guess I just assumed that was the only difference. Poor me.
    01-04-11 07:48 PM
    And that means what now? That I'm currently using a dumbphone. That says nothing about my device history or knowledge. So I've been a member of CrackBerry since 2007 with a dumbphone? Asking and answering questions for 3+ years without being banned? Without someone else calling me out?

Truly yours,
    CASH, speculating and wasting my time on a BlackBerry related forum since 2007.
    Wow dude, he didn't say you use a non smartphone, he said you are dumb. I think you may have proven him right.

01-07-11 12:49 AM
    Wow dude, he didn't say you use a non smartphone, he said you are dumb. I think you may have proven him right.

You clearly didn't read that correctly. I guess you're the dumb one. LMAO.
    01-07-11 11:58 AM
    Sal just posted on twitter besides the storm 3! Rim is working on 3 other new phones! CES should be real exciting!

Well ces 2011 came and went, Oh did you mean 2012
    01-10-11 01:37 AM
    RIM FAILED AT CES......if BB doesnt come out with a superphone fast, they will be PALM before they know what hit them
    Not true. RIM has tons of cash. They could buy their way out of whatever hole. Not to mention RIM has BES and those 2G markets that they excell in. I think Nokia would make a more accurate comparison. In North America, they suck, but they have nice devices elsewhere.
    01-10-11 02:36 PM
    Not true. RIM has tons of cash. They could buy their way out of whatever hole. Not to mention RIM has BES and those 2G markets that they excell in. I think Nokia would make a more accurate comparison. In North America, they suck, but they have nice devices elsewhere.
    This is a very true comparison with Nokia. When the cell phone market switch from Analog to Digital Nokia excelled in the US. Now that Smartphones are the lates and greatest you never hear of them anymore here.

Everyone counted Motorola out of the picture a few years back. Everyone talked buyout. Now they are one of the big guns in smartphones. BlackBerry may not be the big guy right now but they are not going anywhere. BlackBerry will be back one day.
    01-10-11 04:06 PM
    Has anyone heard or read anything about a BlackBerry Triton 4G?
    01-11-11 01:52 AM
    Has anyone heard or read anything about a BlackBerry Triton 4G?
    I read rumors about it last summer but nothing more since then.
    01-11-11 08:50 AM
    I have looked, but i have not seen any good info on the Triton. Especially 4G seems to be far away!!! I'll be happy with a new full screen 3G device at this point.

I read rumors about it last summer but nothing more since then.
    01-11-11 06:26 PM
    Ces fail!!!!!
    01-12-11 05:34 PM
    Ces fail!!!!!
    Not for moto!

01-12-11 06:29 PM
    01-12-11 08:41 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD